Official Bulldogs squad ready to unleash in Perth at NRL Nines

Bigmous

on the loose
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have announced their squad for this week's Perth Nines, with Corey Harawira-Naera leading an exciting mix of experience and talented youngsters.

New recruits Dean Britt and Joe Stimson will get to run out in Bulldogs colours for the first time in the Tournament, while former Bulldog great Andrew 'Bobcat' Ryan will help mentor a group of forwards that includes Ofahiki Ogden and Chris Smith.

Amongst the backs, speedsters Jayden Okunbor and Nick Meaney will provide pace from the back, while Fijian International Brandon Wakeham will complement the experience of Kerrod Holland and the highly rated Morgan Harper.

In a group of promising youngsters, much attention will focus on talented outside backs Jake Averillo and Isaiah Tass who have both been touted to have bright futures.

No.
2020 NRL Nines Squad
1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Kerrod Holland
4. Morgan Harper
5. Jack Cogger
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeman
8. Dean Britt
9. Ben Marschke
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Chris Smith
13. Joe Stimson
14. Andrew Ryan
15. Kayne Kalache
16. Toa Mata'afa
17. Isaiah Tass
19. Bailey Biondi-Odo

2020 NRL Nines (Pool 2)

Bulldogs
Dragons
Eels
Sharks
Friday February 14
5:20PM AWST: Bulldogs vs Eels

Saturday February 15
12:00PM AWST: Bulldogs vs Sharks

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/02/10/bulldogs-unleash-2020-nrl-nines-squad

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great looking squad I'm guessing with JMK's injury we had no choice but to use Marschke.

We have two very hard games so we will be lucky to progress.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t wait..!! Bring on Friday/sat

since 1891 :laughing:.. Tossers :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: !!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Nines. Live footy, can't wait.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering our halves depth is already pretty thin I'm not about using Cogger and Wakeham.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Great looking squad I'm guessing with JMK's injury we had no choice but to use Marschke.

Is something wrong with Katoa?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmm almost rather have Holland or cogger at hooker than marscke from the few games I saw of his last year.

Obviously when fit, jmk is my first choice but where's kotoa? Didn't we buy him as a depth hooker?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Agree good looking squad - nice mix of some established talent and some young fellas. Good for all to get a run before the trials regardless of results.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm excited to see how Averillo, Wakeham, Britt and BBO go. Almost forgot, Stimson too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm almost rather have Holland or cogger at hooker than marscke from the few games I saw of his last year.

Obviously when fit, jmk is my first choice but where's kotoa? Didn't we buy him as a depth hooker?
Perhaps saving him for the trials not to risk injury in the 9’s when we don’t have a lot of depth there right now?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he's fine but with JMK racing the clock for Round 1 if Katoa went down at the Nines we don't have another hooker in the top 30.
That's unfortunate.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another poor squad. It would be nice if Dogs took it half serious and try win it and in the process install confidence pre season and not the last 6 rounds of the year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It shows you how thin our hooker depth is when Marscke is essentially the third hooker.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great looking squad! alot of speed to burn!! No Crichton??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Another poor squad. It would be nice if Dogs took it half serious and try win it and in the process install confidence pre season and not the last 6 rounds of the year.
Missing Dallin, Reimis, Hopoate, Lewis, Tolman, JMK (injury), Napa, Jackson (injury), Elliott, RFM (injury), Toomaga and possibly Katoa (depending whether he'll make the 17 when everyone is fit). Marschke at hooker is disappointing. I don't mind the rest of the selections. It's good to give some of the other players an opportunity in competitions like this. Just needs to be the right balance as you want to be competitive too.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Harper
Wakeham
Stimson
And a couple of fresh faces, be good to see a preview of what may be.!! And good seeing bobcat get a run around to.