Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Weidler on Latrell and JAC

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nah fuk him I reckon. Let's face it, he only plays about 10mins every game and that's not what we are looking for surely.
You're describing the centre position really nicely. Latrell is a little lazier than your average centre but he posses talent almost no one else has. You have to take the good with the bad. I don't think the difference is as big as people say but he has the physique to take some infield runs like wingers. Playing fullback is going to force him to be in the game more (fullbacks are like a second five-eighth, another role Latrell obviously likes) so than centre. I think he'll be fine and he's the closest thing to GI (play style and strengths) who had a successful career at fullback. It's a risk (a little bit unknown) and could go either way, he can just move back to the centres if it doesn't work out, but I wouldn't be writing him of.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we land Josh too big time
But I think it’s good we didn’t get Latrell he has signed a 1 year deal at Souths I say we will monitor to see how he goes then make a play for him let uncle Wayne straightening him out and we get him cause if we get josh I think we will go gunning for Latrell

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You're describing the centre position really nicely. Latrell is a little lazier than your average centre but he posses talent almost no one else has. You have to take the good with the bad. I don't think the difference is as big as people say but he has the physique to take some infield runs like wingers. Playing fullback is going to force him to be in the game more (fullbacks are like a second five-eighth, another role Latrell obviously likes) so than centre. I think he'll be fine and he's the closest thing to GI (play style and strengths) who had a successful career at fullback. It's a risk (a little bit unknown) and could go either way, he can just move back to the centres if it doesn't work out, but I wouldn't be writing him of.
I played centre and like anything in life there's heaps to do if you choose to do it. LM has gotten away with it in his career so far because he can stay out of the game for 65 minutes and then get involved, score or set up a try. For the most everyone including his coaches appear to be happy with that involvement. It depends on what you want out of a player. I am hoping that we are wanting players that put in for eachother and do whatever it takes for eachother. LM mostly is not that sort of player. Our last 10 games of 2019 showed that for the most our guys are like that and most importantly want to be like that. That's why they won and hit above their weight. Life's filled with people just doing enough and LM has the talent to get away with it at NRL level, imagine what he could be? I'm happy for us to never entertain him again but it's up to the club.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are you more enthusiastic about a player not associated with the Bulldogs, than you are about our own club and players?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why are you more enthusiastic about a player not associated with the Bulldogs, than you are about our own club and players?
Because he loves Latrell Mitchell and is upset that we didn't sign him to a million dollar contract.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure what you're talking about. I'm a Bulldogs fan, NRL fan and Latrell fan even tho he plays for another team. Am I really being that enthusiastic? We don't have a player of Latrell's calibre. You'll see me defend Lewis too (as well as other Bulldogs players).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because he loves Latrell Mitchell and is upset that we didn't sign him to a million dollar contract.
Latrell is one of my favourite players. I'm upset we didn't sign him. If we didn't have the money then nothing we can do anyways. Going off rumours we would of at least had enough money to compete with the Rabbitohs. I would of been willing to pay Latrell up to 1m (obviously you start lower and negotiate to see the lowest you can get him for) regardless of playing fullback or centre. The board didn't think the same and we obviously haven't done it so nothing more to it. I just think it's a missed opportunity. Lets see who we sign instead.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell is one of my favourite players. I'm upset we didn't sign him. If we didn't have the money then nothing we can do anyways. Going off rumours we would of at least had enough money to compete with the Rabbitohs. I would of been willing to pay Latrell up to 1m (obviously you start lower and negotiate to see the lowest you can get him for) regardless of playing fullback or centre. The board didn't think the same and we obviously haven't done it so nothing more to it. I just think it's a missed opportunity. Lets see who we sign instead.
I was just ribbing ya mate.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lets just bring rona back. Lol
How good was he. Still only 27 years old. He's probably on really good pay in Rugby which makes it difficult (I have no idea how he's doing either to be honest).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets just bring rona back. Lol
Rona was awesome, sucks he left tbh, but I guess that’s nrl .. but hey the FOX is one I hold out hope for, he is a great player.. and once he puts the blue an white jersey on.. well he will be one of my favourites..!! But not until lol.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was told his managers asked the Bulldogs in the 18th hour if we would up Souths' offer but the board told them that we didn't have the money. Anyway I am glad we didn't sign the big lazy sook personally. The nerve of him to go to Souffs though.. I hope he gets absolutely belted when they play Easts
How is he a sook and lazy? I must be losing the plot... and btw, who the duck is gonna smash LM???

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is he a sook and lazy? I must be losing the plot... and btw, who the duck is gonna smash LM???
Did you watch Latrell play at all this year? He wouldn't even help his winger out in Origin and was subsequently booted. And then of course there is the way he carried on for the rest of the season because clubs (besides Tigers) weren't getting on their knees for him