Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Weidler on Latrell and JAC

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Wayne is known for going easy on lazy players as well... sure that may have been ok back in the day but even the lower teams will find you out nowadays.. Probably why James Roberts likes playing under him
Yeah, Wayne use to be all about making sure the person was a good person out of footy, he's become very hypocritical in old age and have kept players that he would have shown the door in the early years. Lodge for example. LM will be fine for half season but when he's over the pay cut and wants payday again it will be interesting to watch. I think too many bad influences around him and he's toast.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Wayne use to be all about making sure the person was a good person out of footy, he's become very hypocritical in old age and have kept players that he would have shown the door in the early years. Lodge for example. LM will be fine for half season but when he's over the pay cut and wants payday again it will be interesting to watch. I think too many bad influences around him and he's toast.

For sure. I find the James Roberts one quite interesting, I mean, at least they get some value out of Lodge on the field... Roberts is barely noticed most games.. I mean I respect the bloke for wanting to help guys out, but it's to the detriment of the team.. ahh I reckon Latrell will be well looked after.. There is no doubt in my mind that some decent figures were discussed on the third party front

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of you guys must survive off 3 hrs sleep... looking at the time of the last message and first messages this AM there is not much time between :tearsofjoy:
Indeed NPC.. Or maybe we just can’t sleep and have to check the kennel, I mean it is addictive, and our team is number 1 after all .. oh sorry for the late/early reply , and look at the time (1:07am Nz) I can’t sleep :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Goodnight haha, early start for myself, should be well asleep.. but only surviving on a few hours :tonguewink::tonguewink:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Indeed NPC.. Or maybe we just can’t sleep and have to check the kennel, I mean it is addictive, and our team is number 1 after all .. oh sorry for the late/early reply , and look at the time (1:07am Nz) I can’t sleep :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Goodnight haha, early start for myself, should be well asleep.. but only surviving on a few hours :tonguewink::tonguewink:
:tearsofjoy: Good night bro.. will check in again in a few hours ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Has that ranga **** ever been right?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys you were never any real prospect of getting LM. The deal with the red and green scabs was done early in 2019 and all the speculation over the offseason was a charade to give the impression LM was 'testing the market' but he was always going to the scabs.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Guys you were never any real prospect of getting LM. The deal with the red and green scabs was done early in 2019 and all the speculation over the offseason was a charade to give the impression LM was 'testing the market' but he was always going to the scabs.
No doubt. He did knock back a reported 1.1 at the tigers but people still think we could’ve signed him even though we don’t have the money. Like talking to a brick wall sometimes

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was told his managers asked the Bulldogs in the 18th hour if we would up Souths' offer but the board told them that we didn't have the money. Anyway I am glad we didn't sign the big lazy sook personally. The nerve of him to go to Souffs though.. I hope he gets absolutely belted when they play Easts

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Probably so but all you can go on is a person word. If they wish it to be worth nothing that's their choice.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the same information i was privy to.
I was told his managers asked the Bulldogs in the 18th hour if we would up Souths' offer but the board told them that we didn't have the money. Anyway I am glad we didn't sign the big lazy sook personally. The nerve of him to go to Souffs though.. I hope he gets absolutely belted when they play Easts

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably so but all you can go on is a person word. If they wish it to be worth nothing that's their choice.
Is this situation I think there's more to go on than one persons word. The actions of Mitchell and his management team before and during the so called 'testing the market' period were to be blunt, farking retarded, and pointed to a predetermined outcome. He farked around you guys, the Tigers, the Cowboys, the Titans, us and at one stage had three managers talking to three different clubs. All the while the menstrual blood red and pig snot green club of ***** were spruiking how they didn't want Mitchell, couldn't afford him, were happy with their backline and then miraculously, got their wish with the NRL regarding Burgesses' salary and signed LM for less then he was offered by everyone else.

Stinks worse than Redfern.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Is this situation I think there's more to go on than one persons word. The actions of Mitchell and his management team before and during the so called 'testing the market' period were to be blunt, farking retarded, and pointed to a predetermined outcome. He farked around you guys, the Tigers, the Cowboys, the Titans, us and at one stage had three managers talking to three different clubs. All the while the menstrual blood red and pig snot green club of ***** were spruiking how they didn't want Mitchell, couldn't afford him, were happy with their backline and then miraculously, got their wish with the NRL regarding Burgesses' salary and signed LM for less then he was offered by everyone else.

Stinks worse than Redfern.
Yeah I get that all but let's remember that the media gave us the info so we don't know how much he dicked around who. It still all comes down to his name, his word, his brand and what he let's people do with it and ultimately himself. If he's happy for it to be worth nothing then no amount of money can buy that back. In conclusion, fuk him, he went to a shithouse pathetic club!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true, he has only signed a 1+1 offer in Souffs favour, so there is a chance for next season....

No, I’m not holding my breath

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this is true, he has only signed a 1+1 offer in Souffs favour, so there is a chance for next season....

I hope we don't take another look at him myself

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope we don't take another look at him myself
If he loses weight, kills it at fullback, changes who he takes advice from & adjusts his attitude I’d consider him

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he loses weight, kills it at fullback, changes who he takes advice from & adjusts his attitude I’d consider him
So in other words, you won't be considering him any time soon :D

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Nah fuk him I reckon. Let's face it, he only plays about 10mins every game and that's not what we are looking for surely.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Definitely mate, especially around contract negotiation time
I think Paul McGregor is a shit coach but a few years ago he spoke about contract negotiations. Mary said that clubs need to pay the player on his skill level not the position. Players these days seem to think playing in the 1,6,7,9 you are automatically entitled 600k. It’s funny though cause Mary started this whole 1.2 million dollar for those key positions by paying overs for Hunt Hahha