Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Weidler on Latrell and JAC

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
"They have the cash he is after." That's nice. Why is everyone guessing. Seriously tho Latrell is a massive miss and I'm really hoping we can get JAC.
We didn’t for this year after he wanted fullback money. I’ve said that so many times. The whole process was nothing but drama and I don’t blame the club for pulling the pin after how Latrell and his camp handled things. That’s not a “guess” that’s factual

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We didn’t for this year after he wanted fullback money. I’ve said that so many times. The whole process was nothing but drama and I don’t blame the club for pulling the pin after how Latrell and his camp handled things. That’s not a “guess” that’s factual
Agree. Most footy players seem to 'think' of themselves as fullbacks these days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's good to be linked to the Fox and other players of his calibre and I'm sure the club is negotiating but I still refuse to acknowledge the parasite that wrote this article's existence or mention him by name.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon you could lock in AddoCarr by signing Nico Hynes . Seems from his instagram that they are great mates, would be easy bait and you gain 2 quality players
I thought Hynes re-signed last year and doubt Melbourne would let him go when he's one of their next big things and have already lost so many players.

Melbourne are one of the few top teams who now (unlike their cap cheating when they had the marquee scandal) actually genuinely seem to be trying to stay somewhat cap compliant relative to the blatant cheating of the other top 4 teams and I can see them having plenty of space in the coming years.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of you guys must survive off 3 hrs sleep... looking at the time of the last message and first messages this AM there is not much time between :tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fox in blue & white "at market price" would be my caveat. As much as he is top notch for his position If we pay overs for a winger then we are crazy
I really hope we don't pay more than 550k a season for a winger.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Hynes re-signed last year and doubt Melbourne would let him go when he's one of their next big things and have already lost so many players.

Melbourne are one of the few top teams who now (unlike their cap cheating when they had the marquee scandal) actually genuinely seem to be trying to stay somewhat cap compliant relative to the blatant cheating of the other top 4 teams and I can see them having plenty of space in the coming years.
Problem is they have Papen and Hynes who will basically fight for the same position. Once Hynes is FT NRL standard there will be issues..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still cant believe they play that 600k a year fiddle like its actually believable...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Problem is they have Papen and Hynes who will basically fight for the same position. Once Hynes is FT NRL standard there will be issues..
Hynes can play in the halves or even outside backs also though and they just released Croft amongst others so I'm sure they'll figure it out..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As with the Thompson signing, it's not over the line until the contract is signed. I'm in the boat of not wanting to blow the budget on a finisher. If we get JAC I hope it's on a sensible salary.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hynes can play in the halves or even outside backs also though and they just released Croft amongst others so I'm sure they'll figure it out..
They probably will considering they are losing two wingers in the same year.. I read somewhere that he just wants to lock in a utility role on the bench for now but there will be some headaches down the line I reckon.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's a miss regardless of the reason. It's rumoured he has joined the Rabbitohs for cheap on, I think the figure is 600k, and he only signed for one year (cap flexibility). I'm pretty sure there was a time we could of been competitive with this offer as it was also rumored we were after two out of the three signings regarding Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese (which imo covers Latrell's cost). You're guessing the reasons just like you said I do and nothing you're saying is actually factual as you're not behind the scenes in the Bulldogs HQ.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score