News How the Bulldogs signed Super League star Luke Thompson

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s the second time that’s been reported and after talking to agents I actually know I don’t doubt it. Of course a kid like Brady knows better but that’s what I’ve been told mate
Yes there was 11-12 clubs interested almost two years ago. There were three remaining: Us, Titans and Warriors. Two (or three?) of which recruit in a way we forbid. I thought we agreed on that earlier.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In other words - guessing! And then, having barely seen a bloke play, has him $200k over based on these guess's. Fucking hilarious.
I think he's worth 400-500k and he's rumoured to of signed for 700k. What part of that can't you interpret? If you don't think he's worth that or signed for X amount then why do you care? I think, rumoured.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes there was 11-12 clubs interested almost two years ago. There were three remaining: Us, Titans and Warriors. Two (or three?) of which recruit in a way we forbid. I thought we agreed on that earlier.
Hahaha. Looking forward to your sad negative and knowing everything transferring to the roosters. Have you even attended a dogs game?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahaha. Looking forward to your sad negative and knowing everything transferring to the roosters. Have you even attended a dogs game?
Yes I have :D

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he's worth 400-500k and he's rumoured to of signed for 700k. What part of that can't you interpret? If you don't think he's worth that or signed for X amount then why do you care? I think, rumoured.
Clueless from some amateur in another country who has followed the NRL for less than 5 years

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many? Not many if any?
Not many I live three hours away from Sydney. Not sure why it's relevant? I love the club at least as much as you. I watch every game?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clueless from some amateur in another country who has followed the NRL for less than 5 years
If you mean me I'm definitely not an amateur. I've technically followed the NRL for 16 years. Just more closely the past three years. I know very little about Thompson and there's an obvious reason for that (same reason why I'd say he isn't a marquee). Were you happy when we signed Napa for 650k? (guessing, blah blah) I wasn't (and even less so now). Tho just like him I'll deal with it and support Thompson.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you mean me I'm definitely not an amateur. I've technically followed the NRL for 16 years. Just more closely the past three years.
Since you were born? No one cares but acting like you know it all and dismissing those who have been directly involved in the club longer than your parents have been born is ridiculous

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Since you were born? No one cares but acting like you know it all and dismissing those who have been directly involved in the club longer than your parents have been born is ridiculous
Age only means so much. Haas is 18 and is one of the best forwards in the game. There are kids <13 years old smarter than you (and most adults). Not sure why you keep using the age thing. I'm not going to respect or listen to you anymore than the next person because you're old. Look at your DP brother are you really acting your age anyways (I'm not 100% sure why you have it on but I'm pretty sure you're misinformed for at least one reason - If it's just about Hill going overseas and not coming back with anything then fair)?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate the impact that your letter to Andrew Hill had on this situation either. It’s no coincidence that we have since landed a big signing, with rumours of more to follow. There’s been a real increase in efficiency amongst management and recruitment staff ever since that letter landed at Bulldogs HQ and sent shockwaves through the joint. Well done Brad
I’m sure the management were all shaking and quivering in their boots after reading said letter lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Age only means so much. Haas is 18 and is one of the best forwards in the game. There are kids <13 years old smarter than you (and most adults). Not sure why you keep using the age thing. I'm not going to respect or listen to you anymore than the next person because you're old.
Do you honestly think Payne Haas is smarter than me? That’s a ridiculous comment. You make yourself look stupid by continuously making out you're smarter than everyone because you google shit after school. I’m not old but was involved and experienced in the game before you were born. Literally none of your stupid know all predictions have come true. It was once a source of amusement for us all but is now just annoying

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you honestly think Payne Haas is smarter than me? That’s a ridiculous comment. You make yourself look stupid by continuously making out you're smarter than everyone because you google shit after school. I’m not old but was involved and experienced in the game before you were born. Literally none of your stupid know all predictions have come true. It was once a source of amusement for us all but is now just annoying
You're assuming you're smarter than someone else. Age doesn't necessarily = IQ. That first question is actually hilarious. Times have changed dramatically (to be honest not even sure to believe you anyways). What predictions have I made? The Thompson one came true. What else? Should I be wearing your DP to reflect you?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're assuming you're smarter than someone else. Age doesn't necessarily = IQ. That first question is actually hilarious. Times have changed dramatically (to be honest not even sure to believe you anyways). What predictions have I made? The Thompson one came true. What else? Should I be wearing your DP to reflect you?
You probably should to be honest. I tolerated your know-all guesstimates and bit my tongue but honestly, if you are being rude to me as you have been it’s on. What times have changed? The fact you aren’t excited by this signing and don’t consider him a marquee says a lot about you and your limited knowledge of the game

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You probably should to be honest. I tolerated your know-all guesstimates and bit my tongue but honestly, if you are being rude to me as you have been it’s on. What times have changed? The fact you aren’t excited by this signing and don’t consider him a marquee says a lot about you and your limited knowledge of the game
Since you're gloating about being "involved and experienced in the game". It's a decent signing to add to our team nothing more tho at this stage. We also need three to four more. Until I see something from him I can't say anymore more then that (as you know I apply the same logic to how we're going to go this season) which is why he's a risk to me given the price tag. There is no way he's a marquee signing, at least what I picture as a marquee player. Again I listed a small fraction of the NRL props already with more known quality and reputation than Thompson earlier. Are you actually buying he's the best prop in the world? What has he done to achieve this? Arguing is rude?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Since you're gloating about being "involved and experienced in the game". It's a decent signing to add to our team nothing more tho at this stage. We also need three to four more. Until I see something from him I can't say anymore more then that (as you know I apply the same logic to how we're going to go this season) which is why he's a risk to me given the price tag. There is no way he's a marquee signing, at least what I picture as a marquee player. Again I listed a small fraction of the NRL props already with more known quality and reputation than Thompson earlier. Are you actually buying he's the best prop in the world? Arguing is rude?
Hahahaha again your opinion based on nothing. Ok cool let’s buy another 3-4 Thompson’s. You’re going to look silly but that’s nothing new. Come back to me in a couple of years when you wipe the egg of your face

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahahaha again your opinion based on nothing. Ok cool let’s buy another 3-4 Thompson’s. You’re going to look silly but that’s nothing new. Come back to me in a couple of years when you wipe the egg of your face
I don't mean props. I mean players around the same level or even better, better. You think we're going into the 2021 season with the same squad +Thompson? Why am I going to end up with egg on my face? We're not going to be a realistic chance of making the eight if so. If we sign JAC then we have two! Then we'll need two to three more in certain positions and we'll be competitive again. If we can't get them for 2021 then 2022 is the new target year (bar miracle). Do you see it differently?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s the second time that’s been reported and after talking to agents I actually know I don’t doubt it. Of course a kid like Brady knows better but that’s what I’ve been told mate
So because it's been reported twice that makes it a fact? Come on mate. Got a lot of time for you but sometimes you've gotta move on from it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't mean props. I mean players around the same level or even better, better. You think we're going into the 2021 season with the same squad +Thompson? Why am I going to end up with egg on my face? We're not going to be a realistic chance of making the eight if so. If we sign JAC then we have two! Then we'll need two to three more in certain positions and we'll be competitive again. If we can't get them for 2021 then 2022 is the new target year (bar miracle). Do you see it differently?
That's a fair comment. Thompson is a great start but that's all he is atm. A start. Let's not get carried away with one signing as our spine is still weak, need top back. I'd say 3-4 signings are needed.

Thompson is a good start tho

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
3-4 marquees? Great sounds incredible Ray Hasler