News ARL Scrap National Anthem for All Stars Match

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nuclear physicists in several countries began working on atomic energy before the War. Quite a number were Jews to the extent that German Führer Adolf Hiltler called nuclear physics "Jewish psychics". The Germans were the leaders in this work and among their most important researchers was a female Jewish physicist whose colleges helped her escape the Reich. While Germany led the world in nuclear physics, only the United States had the industrial capacity to actually launch a nuclear weapons project. Which means America had the resources needed there is no arguing that point. The effort became known as the Manhattan Project which was the largest weapons development program in history at the time. It was initiated by President Roosevelt when work done by German physicists led to concern that the NAZIs might build an atomic bomb but The Germans were limited by the massive industrial requirements of the industry due to the lack of resources needed.
The original hypothetical comment was:

Yup and if Hitler had not attacked Russia or waited till he'd dealt with England, how different would Europe look today?

Your comment being, America would simply recommend that they give back all of their gains and Germany would do it. Again ja, genau

Hypothetically if Germany did not attack Russia in 1941 and since Germany and Russia were allies before the attack. Germany would have had the resources that it needed to build it's own weapons of mass destruction through cooperation with Russia making your point moot. And before you ramble on about America this , America that......ask yourself how is it that by the end of the war, how did the Russians became a super power over night and how is it possible that even today the Russians dwarf the Americans in the number of nuclear war heads. Not that I really want your reply because honestly I'm not into dick measuring contests. But read between the lines Russia and Germany once were allies.
that's complete horse shit on all levels I expect an apology in the next 24 hours, the germans didn't have any clue that they could build weapons of mass destruction otherwise they would have held off on the war completely and tried it, germany had restrictions placed on them building up conventional military and they wanted world domination so the nuclear weapon was the perfect item for them to procure at that time, they had all the time in the world to build it in peace so its obviously not a serious option they considered and they weren't a few years away lol

in comparison Russia indeed treated it as the highest priority, probably cheating and stole their way, knew what it was and that it was real, felt that their survival was on the line and it took them 4 years to produce, not overnight as you claim

btw Russia and Germany were not allies, they were arch enemies and hated each other, Russia always knew that germany would attack and germany knew that Russia knew that they were going to attack, Russia just didn't think it would come so soon

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yep centuries ago. Wasn't Australia founded in 1788? Centuries ago.
I'm not laughing about anything. The indigenous people got treated very badly, there is no doubt.
Our nation has officially said "sorry" for things that happened back then (that nobody alive now had anything to do with), yet some people will NEVER get past this. If someone will never understand that a historys' wrong is just that: history, then bloody hell where does it end?
Sympathetic towards injustices inflicted on the original occupants of this country but fuck me, if it is something that is mutually understood to be wrong then holding a nation to its past failings is going to achieve zero. Might as well split Oz down the guts and have seperate occupation to do as either pleases. Would be much easier TBH.
And less excuses and finger-pointing as to who is to blame for blah, blah, blah.
only just centuries ago, the latest that centuries ago can be is 1820 so there was plenty of activity that happened since then

there was big push back and controversy for the governments sorry with the previous prime minister refusing to do it, so that proves that a lot of people aren't even sorry

the general feeling that aboriginal people should be glad about how it turned out, that the problems are all in the past and downplaying it, it all sounds very non guilty

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont get it... the anthem doesnt talk about settlement, nor anything that I can see to be offensive to any person of aboriginal descent. If you focus on the words it actually is pretty inclusive... this is a crazy, misguided stance from the players and the NRL and as an Australian ( with mixed heritage) I'm offended by this move. The anthem was introduced in the 1970s so how the hell does it link to invasion??? I get that the treatment was bad up until recent times, and exists in some ways today... but I just truly dont know what can be done to make everything better... what can non aboriginal australia do? Someone posted earlier, the only way to get over all of this, is to stop making it a big deal... (all races and cultures)

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that's complete horse shit on all levels I expect an apology in the next 24 hours, the germans didn't have any clue that they could build weapons of mass destruction otherwise they would have held off on the war completely and tried it, germany had restrictions placed on them building up conventional military and they wanted world domination so the nuclear weapon was the perfect item for them to procure at that time, they had all the time in the world to build it in peace so its obviously not a serious option they considered and they weren't a few years away lol

in comparison Russia indeed treated it as the highest priority, probably cheating and stole their way, knew what it was and that it was real, felt that their survival was on the line and it took them 4 years to produce, not overnight as you claim

btw Russia and Germany were not allies, they were arch enemies and hated each other, Russia always knew that germany would attack and germany knew that Russia knew that they were going to attack, Russia just didn't think it would come so soon
Firstly you seem to have missed the mark with my last post, we were discussing hypotheticals but at the same time I bet you like to hear the sound of your own voice as you rant on.......

The Russo-German pact was signed in 1939 which shocked the world at the time. a week later September 1939 Germany invades Poland which was the start of world war 2, two weeks later Russia invades Poland from the East essentially cutting the country in half. Which ended Poland as a country and a sovereign state. Russia and Germany were allies between 1939 and 1941. Joseph Stalin actually provided very substantial support to Nazi Germany during this time. Learn your history Rob before you point fingers and throw insults. Have a nice day
Like I said prior I'm not into dick measuring contests, nor do I make things up.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Firstly we were discussing hypotheticals and I bet you like to hear the sound of your own voice as you rant on....... but.

The Russo-German pact was signed in 1939 which shocked the world at the time. a week later September 1939 Germany invades Poland which was the start of world war 2, two weeks later Russia invades Poland from the East essentially cutting the country in half. Which ended Poland as a country and a sovereign state. Russia and Germany were allies between 1939 and 1941. Joseph Stalin actually provided very substantial support to Nazi Germany during this time. Learn your history Rob before you point fingers and throw insults. Have a nice day
Like I said prior I'm not into dick measuring contests, nor do I make thing up.

you should be into dick measuring contests against me because I have a small penis but you are incorrect on this matter

allies are allies, this is not how to describe them, germany were clearly just faking to be their allies so that's one part of it gone, and Russia were preparing for germany to attack them, so that's both parties understanding that they aren't allies

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
only just centuries ago, the latest that centuries ago can be is 1820 so there was plenty of activity that happened since then

there was big push back and controversy for the governments sorry with the previous prime minister refusing to do it, so that proves that a lot of people aren't even sorry

the general feeling that aboriginal people should be glad about how it turned out, that the problems are all in the past and downplaying it, it all sounds very non guilty
"Only just centuries ago"?. FFS yes centuries ago, that's a fucken long time. Sick of having to apologise every year.
Let the Indigenous All-Stars be a game played between two indigenous teams. No anthem, no hullabaloo. If people want to support it then great: if people don't care about it and ignore it: Fine.
Not sure where people's responsibility/accountability for past generations stopsI? If never, then everybody is flogging a dead horse..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you should be into dick measuring contests against me because I have a small penis but you are incorrect on this matter

allies are allies, this is not how to describe them, germany were clearly just faking to be their allies so that's one part of it gone, and Russia were preparing for germany to attack them, so that's both parties understanding that they aren't allies
This is my last post on the matter Rod

Joshua Rubenstein, author and associate at Harvard's Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian studies, details the relationship between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union in the decade before World War II.

One of the more surprising stories of World War II was the two-year complicated alliance the Soviet Union entered into with their former enemy, the Nazis.

The world was startled in August of 1939 when Hitler and Stalin announced that they had agreed on a non-aggression pact. For a decade, the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany had been at loggerheads. Nazi Germany had a distinct anti-Bolshevik, antisemitic policy, was very much directed against the Soviet Union.

They were fighting each other through a proxy war during the Spanish Civil War in the 1930s. And the Soviet Union was famous for being anti-fascist, anti-Nazi. There was always coverage in the Soviet press about antisemitism. There was comprehensive coverage in November and December of 1938 about the violence of Kristallnacht.

The Soviet government repeatedly denounced the antisemitic policies of Nazi Germany, so the world was taken by surprise when the dictators announced this agreement. And this completely changed world history. Within a week, Nazi Germany invaded Poland. This was the start of World War II in Europe. Two weeks later, the Soviet Union invaded Poland from the east. And they divided Poland between them. This was the end of Poland as a country, as a sovereign state, at that time.

So between 1939 and 1941, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union are allies. And Stalin actually provides very substantial support to Nazi Germany. So when Germany invaded the Soviet Union in June of 1941, this time it was Stalin who is taken by surprise. He had been given warnings, including warnings by Churchill and from other intelligence sources that the Germans were preparing an invasion.

But Stalin did not want to provoke Hitler, so he took no defensive measures. He was just afraid that his country wasn't prepared for war. And he was right, because within weeks, the Germans overran Soviet defenses and captured major Soviet cities.

The partition of Poland and the invasion of the Soviet Union and Soviet-held territories also heralded the beginning of systematic mass killing of Jews and other groups by the Nazis. At the time, approximately 3 million Jews lived in Poland alone. While the Nazis fought the Red Army on the Eastern Front, they also constructed and used several concentration camps where millions of people, including Jews, Roma, homosexuals, the mentally ill, the elderly, and children died.

Between 1941 and 1944, the Red Army resisted the Nazis on Soviet territory. By 1944, they pushed the Nazis back westward and reclaimed the Nazi-occupied territories of Byelorussia, Ukraine, the Baltic region, and eastern Poland. As they advanced, the Red Army liberated several concentration camps, coming face-to-face with some of the unspeakable horrors of the Holocaust. Fighting between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union continued until the capture of Berlin and the German surrender to the Allies in May 1945.

Faking it or not they were allies. whether it was for a day a month or in this case 2 years. arrivederci amico and keep faking

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question: Aren’t we all Australians?

Makes me wonder what’s next - caucasian Kiwis excluded from the Haka?

I don’t get it, but it sounds more divisive than it does inclusive.
And at least in New Zealand they are proud and honoured to do the haka and sing the anthem both black and white.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont get it... the anthem doesnt talk about settlement, nor anything that I can see to be offensive to any person of aboriginal descent. If you focus on the words it actually is pretty inclusive... this is a crazy, misguided stance from the players and the NRL and as an Australian ( with mixed heritage) I'm offended by this move. The anthem was introduced in the 1970s so how the hell does it link to invasion??? I get that the treatment was bad up until recent times, and exists in some ways today... but I just truly dont know what can be done to make everything better... what can non aboriginal australia do? Someone posted earlier, the only way to get over all of this, is to stop making it a big deal... (all races and cultures)
The line “for we are young and free” discounts the 60,000 years or so of indigenous peoples in Australia. And yes, I know the naysayers will say the country wasn’t called Australia that long ago. But it was still this country and the Indigenous peoples were the original inhabitants (as far that we know from archeology and history).

I’m not sure if there are other phrases that cause offence

I don’t seem to remember anyone actually asking what would Indigenous peoples like this phrase changed to so it was less offensive? Not saying we have to, but surely the decent thing to do would be to ask the question? Changing a couple of words in the anthem to be more inclusive of a significant portion of the population doesn’t seem like that big a deal really.

But mostly, I cannot understand why people get so upset about footballers not singing a song before a game. They’re footballers, not vocalists. Be interesting to know how many of those up in arms about all this sing the anthem before they start their job of a day...

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But mostly, I cannot understand why people get so upset about footballers not singing a song before a game. They’re footballers, not vocalists. Be interesting to know how many of those up in arms about all this sing the anthem before they start their job of a day...
My opinion is that you should be proud to represent your country, no matter what the job. The pride in being selected to represent your country on a world stage should outweigh the pay cheque and politics. So yes, you should atleast attempt to sing or bare minimum, lip sync.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
The line “for we are young and free” discounts the 60,000 years or so of indigenous peoples in Australia. And yes, I know the naysayers will say the country wasn’t called Australia that long ago. But it was still this country and the Indigenous peoples were the original inhabitants (as far that we know from archeology and history).

I don’t seem to remember anyone actually asking what would Indigenous peoples like this phrase changed to so it was less offensive? Not saying we have to, but surely the decent thing to do would be to ask the question? Changing a couple of words in the anthem to be more inclusive of a significant portion of the population doesn’t seem like that big a deal really.

As the much loved poet Kenny Smythe said, that line should be changed to 'Australians all let us ring Joyce, for she is young and free'.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is that you should be proud to represent your country, no matter what the job. The pride in being selected to represent your country on a world stage should outweigh the pay cheque and politics. So yes, you should atleast attempt to sing or bare minimum, lip sync.
IMO, singing isn’t a prerequisite for pride.

Perhaps the players are proud of their country but not proud of the song chosen decades ago as the country’s anthem?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Straya a fucken disgrace?"

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully if Souffs make the Grand Final the #CurseofAnthem strikes and they lose.

Fittler cleared out the players who refused to sing the anthem in Origin and we won the remaining two games of the series.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Depends on how you look at it. 60, 000 years is still "young" in consideration towards the earth so dunno? That is also why I hate the ode that the schools make our kids say now. "The Aboriginals are the original inhabitants and owners of the land, always were and always will be". I hate it but I still stand as a show of respect. No stance taken to cause division. I don't like to look as any humans "owning" the land. That's what's killing the planet, this attitude of ownership, look how we treat it. Humans are nothing but a quick phase in this planets life, but we will most likely kill it!

At the end of the day their is only one solution to all of this and that's moving on, but sadly this will never happen.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I believe the simple change put forward by Aboriginal leaders is "for we are ONE and free".

No biggie and more appropriate for us old timers as well lol.

Let's just do it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll never move forward if you are always looking backwards, in this case, the past.

But this is also a life statement that can be used for many situations.

Unfortunately I think the cycle of the "us vs them" mentality will forever continue.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I believe the simple change put forward by Aboriginal leaders is "for we are ONE and free".

No biggie and more appropriate for us old timers as well lol.

Let's just do it.
Don't Aboriginals get the shits more about the word "free" more so than "young"?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't Aboriginals get the shits more about the word "free" more so than "young"?
Yeah I believe it's the "free" part as they feel they are not free because their land was taken back then and from thenceforth on feel they have been oppressed in this country.