Share a Favourite Song

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't go to festivals etc anymore, but I did see the Bon Jovi tribute band at a local pub a couple of weeks ago :grinning:
This is them live. Triple J posted this on Facebook saying "most amazing live show" and everyone dug into them for it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm also a sucker for anything with a synthpop 80s sound to it. That's why I like Chvrches and this track from the Weeknd is great too

Art Vs Science to some interesting 80s sounding stuff too

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also @Hacky McAxe if you like stuff with 80's synth you should check out Synthwave or Newretrowave stuff. I love it for background music or when I'm gaming.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also @Hacky McAxe if you like stuff with 80's synth you should check out Synthwave or Newretrowave stuff. I love it for background music or when I'm gaming.
I actually have a synthwave theme for my playstation. It's loud as fuck but I love it.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rush - Tom Sawyer is a masterpiece and just so trippy.

Jefferson Starship I always enjoyed this one.

I know it's a ballad and all but I really loved the guitars in this Kansas song.

Talking of the godfather of metal this is my favourite ever song Ronnie James Dio did.

Blue Oyster Cult wise I liked Don't Fear The Reaper but I really liked H.I.M.'s slow, heavy, dark version. I know it won't be for eveyones taste though but I am a fan of the band H.I.M.

I'm just chucking this one in as it is just a trippy song.
Like your taste.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hate that song. Pretty much dislike all her stuff.
Only heard this song i don't mind it, but what the hell are we in Eurovision for.

And why are we in 2020 Copa America?

I feel the same as why are China, Russia & America etc in Antarctica for, leave it to us, NZ, Chile, Argentina & Sth Africa.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my favourites from the 90s..still is.. Lay Your Love On Me by Roachford..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprised no one has mentioned Queen yet (although it is possible I missed it!!) But they had some absolute classics. Freddie to me is probably the greatest singer song writer ever!!
my favourite

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
my favourite

My old man passed away 8 months ago and when we were going through his stuff I pulled out an old concert ticket. Turns out he had been at live aid. He and mum were on a working holiday. Mum said he lined up for 12 hours to get the tickets and stayed out overnight to get a spot down the front. He never told me he was there. Would have been an amazing concert to be at!! People say that was one of Freddie's greatest performances ever!! Dad was a huge queen fan though

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My old man passed away 8 months ago and when we were going through his stuff I pulled out an old concert ticket. Turns out he had been at live aid. He and mum were on a working holiday. Mum said he lined up for 12 hours to get the tickets and stayed out overnight to get a spot down the front. He never told me he was there. Would have been an amazing concert to be at!! People say that was one of Freddie's greatest performances ever!! Dad was a huge queen fan though
Sorry for your loss mate, glad he got to witness history! Freddy was just one of those people who makes it look easy.. There have been some amazing performances there and that one was right up the top of the list