News ARL Scrap National Anthem for All Stars Match

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Although it is totally understandable and reasonable for the Indigenous players to not want the anthem played, I must say that the fact these same players are willing to play in the Australian National team is inconsistent with their rhetoric..
That's because none of them actually mean what they say. If they actually meant it then they would turn down a spot in the Aus team (and therefore turn down the extra pay cheque).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I personally dont care if they change the national anthem, its rubbish anyway.
The Judith Durham (Seekers) version is ok. She reworked the lyrics. That could work ...maybe?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does the Kennel always have to find a solution for the NRL's incompetence

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the Kennel always have to find a solution for the NRL's incompetence

Unfortunately that’s the responsibility of the smartest fans...imagine if Souffs fans were responsible for it?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yup and if Hitler had not attacked Russia or waited till he'd dealt with England, how different would Europe look today?
America would simply recommend that they give back all of their gains and germany would do it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If this "we are oppressed and will never make our peace with what happened centuries ago" mentality will never cease we may as well just bite the bullet and bloody well pack up our ambitions to live as as a dignified inclusive country.
Give some land to the Aboriginals who want to live as they please and let them reside there, without any extra government handouts above what any non-indigenous is accessible to, let them get back to their roots and culture, be one with the land. Have no problem with that at all. Would they be happy and content then? I highly doubt it.
Let them build this imaginary community through hard work and tolerance of each other in that community. Would that work? No reason it shouldn't if this is their major gripe that they are "still not free to live as their ancestors once did".
Let them have a chance to make a go of it but if they cannot handle that way of life then they cannot really argue about too much re: modern society.
Wonder what would happen if a bunch of blokes from the All-Star team decide that the aboriginal war dance doesn't have any personal meaning to themselves and choose to ignore it? Same scenerio IMO.
The indigenous all-stars game should just be played between 2 all-indigenous teams. Would be interesting to see how that would go as far as popularity and ratings go.
you are trying to downplay the incident, even saying centuries ago to produce some more distance as if it happened in 1517

I guarantee if north korea tried to wipe out Australia with nuclear weapons it wouldn't go down well here and it wouldn't be something that you could laugh about and get over easily

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck off, it's always the racist card isn't it?
honestly it’s the most overused and misused word in the English language today.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ja, genau
translation yeah, right.

America could say that they wanted hitler to get a dildo up the ass and all of germany would storm in to whereever he was and shove it up his ass

they had a very good bargaining position

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
America could say that they wanted hitler to get a dildo up the ass and all of germany would storm in to whereever he was and shove it up his ass

they had a very good bargaining position
Again ja, genau

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Again ja, genau
well japan apparently were determine to fight to the last man and America didn't even need to land one soldier in order to receive the unconditional surrender

maybe your brain doesn't perform correctly because i dont see how germany would avoid having to face that situation, explain it to me in more detail please

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well japan apparently were determine to fight to the last man and America didn't even need to land one soldier in order to receive the unconditional surrender

maybe your brain doesn't perform correctly because i dont see how germany would avoid having to face that situation, explain it to me in more detail please
Nuclear physicists in several countries began working on atomic energy before the War. Quite a number were Jews to the extent that German Führer Adolf Hiltler called nuclear physics "Jewish psychics". The Germans were the leaders in this work and among their most important researchers was a female Jewish physicist whose colleges helped her escape the Reich. While Germany led the world in nuclear physics, only the United States had the industrial capacity to actually launch a nuclear weapons project. Which means America had the resources needed there is no arguing that point. The effort became known as the Manhattan Project which was the largest weapons development program in history at the time. It was initiated by President Roosevelt when work done by German physicists led to concern that the NAZIs might build an atomic bomb but The Germans were limited by the massive industrial requirements of the industry due to the lack of resources needed.
The original hypothetical comment was:

Yup and if Hitler had not attacked Russia or waited till he'd dealt with England, how different would Europe look today?

Your comment being, America would simply recommend that they give back all of their gains and Germany would do it. Again ja, genau

Hypothetically if Germany did not attack Russia on the 22nd June 1941 dubbed operation Barbarossa and since Germany and Russia were allies before the attack. Germany would have had the resources that it needed to build it's own weapons of mass destruction through cooperation with Russia making your point moot. And before you ramble on about America this , America that......ask yourself how is it that by the end of the war, how did the Russians became a super power over night and how is it possible that even today the Russians dwarf the Americans in the number of nuclear war heads. Not that I really want your reply because honestly I'm not into dick measuring contests. But read between the lines Russia and Germany once were allies.

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
you are trying to downplay the incident, even saying centuries ago to produce some more distance as if it happened in 1517

I guarantee if north korea tried to wipe out Australia with nuclear weapons it wouldn't go down well here and it wouldn't be something that you could laugh about and get over easily
Yep centuries ago. Wasn't Australia founded in 1788? Centuries ago.
I'm not laughing about anything. The indigenous people got treated very badly, there is no doubt.
Our nation has officially said "sorry" for things that happened back then (that nobody alive now had anything to do with), yet some people will NEVER get past this. If someone will never understand that a historys' wrong is just that: history, then bloody hell where does it end?
Sympathetic towards injustices inflicted on the original occupants of this country but fuck me, if it is something that is mutually understood to be wrong then holding a nation to its past failings is going to achieve zero. Might as well split Oz down the guts and have seperate occupation to do as either pleases. Would be much easier TBH.
And less excuses and finger-pointing as to who is to blame for blah, blah, blah.