Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact that you have no idea who he is only emphasises how funny it is :grinning: United supporters creaming their pants over Aaron getting 1 assist and then this kid plays 2 games and gets 2 assists.
Am I meant to know a kids name who gets out played by a 3rd division team

Do u know bobby jones jr
Got towelled in the local wee waa comp, but had 2 assists

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Played really well
They were at home against a 3rd division team and couldn’t score a goal
Real champions stuff
Lucky Shrewsbury banged another goal away for ya
Hahaha

Love it mate. Desperation has brought you to attacking Liverpool's babies in the absolute desperate hope of somehow bringing some negativity to this incredible Liverpool season. That ... and just trying to get me to bite ;)

Seem to remember someone talking about United having world class youth coming through and things looking amazing for you on that front. 38 points suggests your youngesters aren't as good as you're trying to make out ... ;)

38 points WITH VAR's help

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha

Love it mate. Desperation has brought you to attacking Liverpool's babies in the absolute desperate hope of somehow bringing some negativity to this incredible Liverpool season. That ... and just trying to get me to bite ;)

Seem to remember someone talking about United having world class youth coming through and things looking amazing for you on that front. 38 points suggests your youngesters aren't as good as you're trying to make out ... ;)

Hey , you mean when I said rashford and greenwood brilliant young guys lol
Bit of and exaggeration on your part lol
Cool story needs more dragons

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Am I meant to know a kids name who gets out played by a 3rd division team

Do u know bobby jones jr
Got towelled in the local wee waa comp, but had 2 assists
And ... again ... that's the point. Not even implying you should know his name or who he is. The fact that this young lad who's only played a handful of games but as got more assists that your world club right back ... just makes me laugh!

Don't get me wrong, Aaron knows how to slide tackle though not sure if he should be doing it so much ... ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey , you mean when I said rashford and greenwood brilliant young guys lol
Bit of and exaggeration on your part lol
Cool story needs more dragons
Hahaha that makes it even funnier. You wer refering to Rashford as a youngester? Shit. Then I should start talking abour Arnold, Gomez etc. then ;)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha that makes it even funnier. You wer refering to Rashford as a youngester? Shit. Then I should start talking abour Arnold, Gomez etc. then ;)
His just turned 22 and him and Kane the spearheads of England
Arnold 21 very good and young but hasn’t cemented his place in national team like rashford had at same age
Time rashford was Arnold’s age he had 25 + caps
Arnold 9
Gomez got a bit to go

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on Steve I’m bored
Kids in bed, the cook reading a book
Reply ASAP lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His just turned 22 and him and Kane the spearheads of England
Arnold 21 very good and young but hasn’t cemented his place in national team like rashford had at same age
Time rashford was Arnold’s age he had 25 + caps
Arnold 9
Gomez got a bit to go
Missed this.

Agree about Rashford as he was having a wonderful year before he got injured. The question I'd ask though is what did those goals do to help Man U? I actually don't know the answer to that, but considering you lot have been absolutely gash all year then I'd have to say not much. In the big games has he scored goals? Yeah, I think he has from memory. I didn't expect him to kick on like this if I'm honest, so credit to him. Is he better than Arnold / Gomez? Hmm, it's like comparing apples and oranges I guess but I know which ones will be more successful over the next 5+ years ... and it won't be Rashford.

The point is though that you can't refer to him as a youngster as ... he's clearly not.

Using national caps as a way to compare how good a player is doesn't work imo. For example, Walker was a mainstay on right back for some time and bringing in a young full back is never easy. Same can be said about the centre back position, and also take into account Gomez has been injured on and off for the last 2 years.

It's much easier to blood a youngster in a team if they're an attacking player. You know that. Especially when you look at England who've had a complete lack of options out there for many a year. Only now do you see Vardy returning back to consistency, Ings is playing well too. But what other than Kane has been out there? So naturally Rshford has had more games.

But he is a good player, there's no denying that. Wouldn't make Liverpool's first team, but then again none of the United squad would. Perhaps a few would make the bench? The question we really should be asking is whether Rashford is better than Origi ....

38 points you ****

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Starting XI v Norwich:

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Milner, Lallana, Fabinho, Mane, Origi

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mane and Fabinho on the bench because they’ll start in the UCL in a few days time.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting seeing Minamino not even on the bench! Crazy that.

Really looking forward to seeing Keita play and hope we continue our winning ways!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Terrible half that. No hiding from it, we were poor.

Know it's to be expected as we've been off for a couple of weeks, and we always seem to struggle after breaks but ... really wasn't good.

Hate seeing Ox in the front 3. Never really plays well there, much better in midfield in my mind.

Game's still there to be won though, and do still expect it but ...

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mane comes on and gets the job done.
103 points from last 105

Ridiculous

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hendo again MOM for me. Just incredible performance. An assist. His incredible pass to set up Trent where firmino had to score. Another exquisite pass that second half. Just immense.

We were rubbish in all honesty but both keita and firmino should've scored so ultimately the scoreline did flatter Norwich.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like Werner2020 is happening. Wonder where he will fit in, not exactly a dribbler and a more Vardy like player from what I've seen?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like Werner2020 is happening. Wonder where he will fit in, not exactly a dribbler and a more Vardy like player from what I've seen?
He actually used to play on the left wing till a season or two ago I think. And from what I've seen of him this year he's now drifting more out to the right. Plus he does get a decent amount of assists so think he's got more to his game than Vardy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He actually used to play on the left wing till a season or two ago I think. And from what I've seen of him this year he's now drifting more out to the right. Plus he does get a decent amount of assists so think he's got more to his game than Vardy
Yh but apparently his average out wide, not that it should be an issue with us considering how we just Mo and Mane. Just heard reports that his poor with dribbling at players, but if Klopp wants him I'm sure she will work it out