Opinion 2020 jersey

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope they use the blue away jersey a bit more.
The CEO had better find the mighty Bulldogs a major sponsor soon, whats Mitsubishi electric doing these days?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope they use the blue away jersey a bit more.
The CEO had better find the mighty Bulldogs a major sponsor soon, whats Mitsubishi electric doing these days?
Would be classic to have them back on the jersey again..!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love your work @Bazildog. I have two patches left only (NSWRL + Dogs) from an 80's jersey which met a sad end. A big group of us were watching the 1994 GF (some of whom I didn't know) and it got warm so I'd taken off my jersey.
Some prick who had no attachment to the game set fire to my jersey yelling 'The Dogs are Gone!' when the Raiders were running away with it as he thought it was funny. One of the rare times in my life I've thrown punches - I was gutted to see my jersey I got as a kid burnt - such a low act.

A better story... image below is a jersey I won at ANZ in 2011. It was allegedly Bobcat's game jersey though when the club sent it to me it looked a bit too new for that :-). I had it framed anyway because as I mentioned above I love our heritage strip and Bobcat signed it. The funny part is that game was vs Manly and they touched us up that night. I was there with a Manly supporting mate and when they announced on the PA I'd won Bobcat's match jersey he said to me 'Oh well, at least it'll be clean'. I've never really liked that bastard despite being mates for 35 years :-).View attachment 12924
What an asshole..I hope all punches hit their mark and took the grin off the fuckwits face.

Love the heritage strip mate and bobcat was a great Bulldog.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Seems that Hyundai might have freed up some spare sponsorship/advertising money, turn back the clock to the mid 1990's. Hopefully our marketing people are on the phone, doing lunch or whatever it takes.

Source; https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...set-to-cut-ties-with-ffa-20200203-p53xcc.html

Go Dogs
Such an outcome would be extremely interesting given that not only would it turn back the clock for the Dogs, but Hyundai own a share of KIA!
It would cost Hyundai a whole lot less than the FFA does no doubt but the link to KIA might be problematic - although they are likely separately run businesses despite the shareholding.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Won't happen KIA and Hyundai are essentially the same company.
I have been involved with both, in a business sense, and they are fiercely independent. For example Hyundai use Hearts & Sciences as their agency and Kia use QAdvertising.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been involved with both, in a business sense, and they are fiercely independent. For example Hyundai use Hearts & Sciences as their agency and Kia use QAdvertising.

Go Dogs
It still won’t happen if they wanted to be involved KIA would have just stayed on.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It still won’t happen if they wanted to be involved KIA would have just stayed on.
Maybe, maybe not, but Kia stayed in the NRL they just just moved to a club that guarantees them more TV coverage in prime time.

Go Dogs

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Just fucking get it over and done with and announce that Best and Less are the new sponsors, the jerseys already look like they come from there.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not, but Kia stayed in the NRL they just just moved to a club that guarantees them more TV coverage in prime time.

Go Dogs
Pretty sure Kia are still involved with us, but would it be considered a conflict of interest as they are run as competing companies?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure your board is currently negotiating to get a major sponsor so maybe changing the design in the interim period is not worth it given they may be close to announcing a new one?