Social Media Josh Dugan

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont I recall the Sharks needed to shed a player or 2 so they could fit Ramien in their cap?

They have signed Ramien but I dont recall them losing anyone.
This is the real story.

Sharks need to shed players to be salary cap compliant.

No one wants any of their players cause they are all over paid.

So now they are going down the route to medically retire a player.

This is a real problem that the Nrl need to fix and exploits a loophole in the salary cap. It's not just coincidence that in 1 off season we have seen 2 teams (South's and Brisbane) who were both over the cap retire players to become compliant. Now the 3rd team (cronulla) who have salary cap issues are going down that route.

Broncs knew of Gillets issues when they resigned him. Fact because his physiotherapist told me only last month.

South's knew of Burgess and Inglis issues when they signed them. They were just hopeful they would hold up for 1 more title.

Everyone in league knows Dugan's a fuckwit and sharks shouldn't have signed him long-term. Now they are trying to flick him to be compliant and give leftovers to xerri.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People want us to sign Flanagan!
He’s Des with peptides :grinning:
Yes but don't forget our Board will straighten him out and he won't have the latitude to be trying stuff like that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but don't forget our Board will straighten him out and he won't have the latitude to be trying stuff like that.
Never. It took it long enough to eradicate the Insular Peninsula poison.
Why introduce that rot from the Shire (Flanagan and/or Dugan)? It goes against the grain of everything we've been doing for the last two years...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They’d get voted out before he coached a game for us

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Never. It took it long enough to eradicate the Insular Peninsula poison.
Why introduce that rot from the Shire (Flanagan and/or Dugan)? It goes against the grain of everything we've been doing for the last two years...
Dugan no way, even if free.

Flanaghan viable.

Take out the peptides issue which won't be happening at our club and he is probably best coach available if Pay doesn't keep improving.

Be interesting to see if Dragons defence improves with him as defence coach. Will know more then and can judge how he goes coaching clean.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unless if pay doesn’t step up we could hire el Masri as our coach ;)
He coached legends of league

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dugan no way, even if free.

Flanaghan viable.

Take out the peptides issue which won't be happening at our club and he is probably best coach available if Pay doesn't keep improving.

Be interesting to see if Dragons defence improves with him as defence coach. Will know more then and can judge how he goes coaching clean.
Not just the Peptides - he's a dictator.
We already had one of those with the Despot.
We don't need to go there again.
If it's not Dean, we'll have to find someone else, but not Flanagan (for mine).

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere that he wanted to be medically retired in the off season because he didn't want to keep playing, result of a knee injury. But Sharks told him no as the NRL wouldn't green light it for Salary Cap relief. Hopefully we don't touch him with a 10 foot pole....

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dugan has serious arthritis in his knee. It will seriously impact his long term career.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Talking sport are up there with MMM when it comes to solid information.
Constantly making dud statements about recruitment and anything in general
Triple M yes. That Winemaker bloke has about a 20% strike rate and that's being generous.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless if pay doesn’t step up we could hire el Masri as our coach ;)
He coached legends of league
Pay doesn't need to step up.. he's doing what he can with what he was given... we had some 50 NRL games experience in our whole spine at the beginning of the season.. can't think of many coaches who would have faired better... we will be top 8 this year, no doubt in my mind

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pay doesn't need to step up.. he's doing what he can with what he was given... we had some 50 NRL games experience in our whole spine at the beginning of the season.. can't think of many coaches who would have faired better... we will be top 8 this year, no doubt in my mind
Yeah didn’t mean it like that. Just meant if we don’t see results after 2021 it will be time for a change

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah didn’t mean it like that. Just meant if we don’t see results after 2021 it will be time for a change

Yeah fair enough.. I've met Flanno and he seems like a decent guy, I'd happily have him if Pay were to be replaced... and we'd be foolish to think that most, if not all coaches/clubs are not doing something on the sly to gain an advantage if that's a reason other's would not want him