News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ah ok so the same as the other thread
bring back Desvisible he would keep order!

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he comes on a good deal then yes. Club shouldn’t fall into the trap of paying overs for a winger. We did pay extra for Brett Morris to play fullback and sadly he was injured for a good part of his time at the dogs and took a chunk of the cap
If the reason it didn't work out was because B. Morris was injured nothing you can really do if they didn't have an injury record before signing them. It's just unlucky.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the reason it didn't work out was because B. Morris was injured nothing you can really do if they didn't have an injury record before signing them. It's just unlucky.
I agree. I know BMoz was signed to play fullback but with unlucky injuries we didn’t get ‘value for money’ and in the end he was on the wing for us to limit further injury and keep him on the park

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be a great singing but if we don't have the halves able to utilise him then we won't get the value out of him.

We need a top half and until we do we will be good without being great, competitive with being winners. That isn't good enough for the Bulldogs.

Sign a top grade half please!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would be a great singing but if we don't have the halves able to utilise him then we won't get the value out of him.

We need a top half and until we do we will be good without being great, competitive with being winners. That isn't good enough for the Bulldogs.

Easier said then done. It's really hard to see where we're going to get an established half from. It's very possible we'll have to go with youth until something pops up. Looking through the teams there really isn't too many good halves anyways, especially organisers in the Cronk mould.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Hooper-Pooper-Scooper has raised this chestnut again.

Save your saliva, he’ll be at Souffs.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We simply don't have enough Cap space this year to sign "a top grade half".
Who exactly is this "top grade half" we should sign?
Maybe we won't need one next year with another year of development in Cogger, Lewis and Wakeham.
A miracle might happen and Foran comes back and stays injury free for the rest of the season and offers to play for the NRL minimum next year to pay us back for the last 3 years.

Go Dogs

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel that most premiers build their success on good hookers. JMK could evolve into anything but right now he ain't there yet.
Overall we need to spend big on our spine when the money becomes available. Having the world's fastest winger will look good on our team lists and id be happy to see the occasional opportunistic try this guy can create. But most games are won on dominance and consistent good field positions and paying big money for a winger might not be wise for our needs.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Who do you suggest we sign as our halve?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rabbitohs just get automatically connected to every indigenous player TBH.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe we won't need one next year with another year of development in Cogger, Lewis and Wakeham.
A miracle might happen and Foran comes back and stays injury free for the rest of the season and offers to play for the NRL minimum next year to pay us back for the last 3 years.

Go Dogs
Is he talking about this year?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jmk could end up being cook the 2nd
Give him time he always played in the halves, hooker is pretty new to him.
plus he started showing a good dh running game pretty quick and broke through the line, just needed to communication for support runners

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he talking about this year?
I don't know, he didn't say, but I think I covered both this year and next year in my response.

Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think we are a chance at resigning him. It would be a good deal on around $400k 1 year with the option to extend depending on how he goes. He was awesome for us late last year
I'd be happy enough if there were some clauses like match payments forfeited when injured for extended periods etc.
Consider how much we have paid him to play very little football, i don't think this would be unreasonable to ask either.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be happy enough if there were some clauses like match payments forfeited when injured for extended periods etc.
Consider how much we have paid him to play very little football, i don't think this would be unreasonable to ask either.
The problem is not how much we actually pay him but how much is included in the Cap. The NRL uses the maximum that he can earn to work out how much of our Cap is utilised. For example if his contract says $20k per game, the NRL would say that's $520K in your cap (for 26 games). If he only ended up playing say 10 games (ie; we pay him 200k) tough luck, too late, it's $520k used in your Cap for the year.

Go Dogs