No Source Dogs has started recruiting for 2021 more to come watch this space

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What position woiluld you like us to sign next? Half, hooker or FB. You can't say all LOL

I think we can make do with DWZ at FB if we get a creative hooker and Brandon jags a starting spot through out the season.

Canberra barring some dodgy calls could have won this year and CNK isn't very creative from the back.

What's your preferred position for our next signing?
I'd argue Canberra would be better positioned to win with a nkre skilled half/fb during the GF, they had plenty of chances with the ball but we're to reliant on the likes of Hodgson and the Roosters took advantage of that.

I'd agree with you and say hooker, DWZ does a lot of good things at the back and it's entirely possible he improves other aspects of his game moves into that second tier of fullbacks. JMK and Katoa really don't impress me and our halves well we all know what I think of them, but we at least have Wakeham, Averillo and BBO coming through so there's some upside there.

But really I'd continually look at all those positions and keep our options open, any experienced player with proper footy nous or a genuine ball runner would improve our spine, because right now none of them have performed well enough to be a genuine point of attack we can work off week in week out.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s only been a warriors player for a year hasn’t he? He was at drags before

ah right, that a little more sense then... probably not much better than what we have though if truth be told

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be lovely to finally sign an attacking centre. I think the other position are OK.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s pretty simple always haven’t been able to do anything till now ..this year they will be recruiting for 21 have to see who we can sign now this space will determine how well the current board will be measured this recruitment period will tell got a few more players that need to go

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the club will give say 6-10 games to see how remis goes at centre and if any of our 3 young halves step up if not thats what they will be targeting recruitment wise,it makes sense to give the players we have a chance to step up first

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2021 Squad 19 players signed.
Backs - Averillo, Crighton, Hopoate, DWZ, Meaney, Okunbur, R Smith,
Middle Forward - Britt, Napa, Ogden, C Smith, Thompson, To'omaga
Edge Forwards - CHN, Stimson, Jackson
Hookers - Katoa, JMK
Halves - Lewis
2020 Squad Off contract 11 players
Backs - Harper, Holland, Montoya, Tass
Middles - RFM, Elliott, Sue, Tolman
Halves - Cogger, Foran, Wakeham

The obvious weaknesses in the 2021 squad is in the halves and hooker.
Obviously a lot will depend on how players develop this year in terms of retention and who we look to bring in.
In terms of retention, I'd want to keep Harper, Tass, RFM, Cogger and Wakeham.
That leaves 6 players which we'd need to bring in.
2 backs, 2 middle forwards, Half and Hooker.
Some of the off contract players for 2021 as per nrl.com:
Backs - Nick Cotric, Ilikena Vudogo, Sione Katoa, Josh Addo Carr, Nicho Hynes, Ethan Parry
Middles - Toby Rudolph, Christian Welch, Hermen Ese ese, Lachlan Burr, Sam Lisone, Francis Molo,
Half - Brayden Trindall, Jack Bird, Jake Clifford, Tristan Sailor, Blake Green
Hooker - Nathan Peats, Connor Watson, Reed Mahoney
Not much in terms of halves or hooker, but for hooker I'd go Connor Watson as a 9 and utility. He looked really good in a handful of games at 9 last year and would provide utility value off the bench.
Halves is slim pickings but Blake Green might be a stop gap for a year or two until someone better comes to market. At 34 he's a massive risk which brings Clifford and Sailor into consideration. I'd take a punt on Clifford, seems to be a genuine half.
Middles, Christan Welch and Sam Lisone with about 80 games each would give us a fearsome and experienced forward rotation. Thompson, Napa, To'omaga, RFM, Welch and Lisone, take your pick.
Backs, centre is the position we most need some class, I'd want Cotric as a priority to play centre. Vudogo looks like he could be a gun centre or winger and we need a fijian to replace the loss of Marcelo 'the flying fijian' Montoya.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
2021 Squad 19 players signed.
Backs - Averillo, Crighton, Hopoate, DWZ, Meaney, Okunbur, R Smith,
Middle Forward - Britt, Napa, Ogden, C Smith, Thompson, To'omaga
Edge Forwards - CHN, Stimson, Jackson
Hookers - Katoa, JMK
Halves - Lewis
2020 Squad Off contract 11 players
Backs - Harper, Holland, Montoya, Tass
Middles - RFM, Elliott, Sue, Tolman
Halves - Cogger, Foran, Wakeham

The obvious weaknesses in the 2021 squad is in the halves and hooker.
Obviously a lot will depend on how players develop this year in terms of retention and who we look to bring in.
In terms of retention, I'd want to keep Harper, Tass, RFM, Cogger and Wakeham.
That leaves 6 players which we'd need to bring in.
2 backs, 2 middle forwards, Half and Hooker.
Some of the off contract players for 2021 as per nrl.com:
Backs - Nick Cotric, Ilikena Vudogo, Sione Katoa, Josh Addo Carr, Nicho Hynes, Ethan Parry
Middles - Toby Rudolph, Christian Welch, Hermen Ese ese, Lachlan Burr, Sam Lisone, Francis Molo,
Half - Brayden Trindall, Jack Bird, Jake Clifford, Tristan Sailor, Blake Green
Hooker - Nathan Peats, Connor Watson, Reed Mahoney
Not much in terms of halves or hooker, but for hooker I'd go Connor Watson as a 9 and utility. He looked really good in a handful of games at 9 last year and would provide utility value off the bench.
Halves is slim pickings but Blake Green might be a stop gap for a year or two until someone better comes to market. At 34 he's a massive risk which brings Clifford and Sailor into consideration. I'd take a punt on Clifford, seems to be a genuine half.
Middles, Christan Welch and Sam Lisone with about 80 games each would give us a fearsome and experienced forward rotation. Thompson, Napa, To'omaga, RFM, Welch and Lisone, take your pick.
Backs, centre is the position we most need some class, I'd want Cotric as a priority to play centre. Vudogo looks like he could be a gun centre or winger and we need a fijian to replace the loss of Marcelo 'the flying fijian' Montoya.
Out of them I’d rather jack bird(only if he stays fit) can play centre or 5/8
And reed Mahoney. Mahoney is a way better hooker than Watson. Watson is a utility.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No guessing here the dogs are on the recruitment drive 2021 plenty in the cap , Dogs are in the building stage to become top 4 contenders
Xerri looks to be a future rep player and an amazing athlete... I hope you are right about that one..