Bush Fires

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are on again

Southside of Canberra about to cop a hiding. It was wild to see in person this afternoon. Watched the flames come over the moutain ridge behind the suburbs

Someone posted this on fb

View attachment 12867
Stay safe mate. Sounds pretty bad down there

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Thoughts on this graph from Bjorn Lomborg? Data from satellite images seems to show that there is a trend of LESS bush land burned each year over the last 25 years.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's the detailed information on that season. Less than 1 million hectares including NT

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Australian_bushfire_season

Bjorn Lomborg is famous for that though. It's why he's so popular with Libertarians. He posts inaccurate data to support his core belief. That belief being that climate change is real, but it's going to be very good do everyone.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess the only question I need answered is: His statistics come from this gwis website. Which seem (on face value to be quite legitimate and are compiled across many different countries).

Are the stats just entirely fake or what?
Not sure. The GWIS website is fine, but it takes hours to compile the kind of data he has there. Which is why I won't do it. But it could also be what he's relying on knowing that most people won't bother compiling the data.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's Lomborg's full Facebook post on it:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158704002458968&id=146605843967

A few things to immediately note:

- he suggests that the fires can't be worse as (by his calculations which I can't confirmare accurate) more area in Australia has burned in the past. This ignores a large number of variables including the efficiency of modern fire fighters thanks to recent policies

- he states that climate change based on projections should cause the whole of Australia to burn (excluding NT) which is not accurate to what the projections say. They actually show greater rainfall in parts of Australia due to weather shift

- he links 1 research paper and suggests that it is representative of all climate models, and he states that it says that reduced rainfall and fires will increase right across Australia. The first paragraph of the linked paper says "rainfall will decrease in parts of Australia". The rest of the research article also doesn't support what he's saying

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Here you go @wendog33 He was sacked as suspected

They were about to send the police to look for me: RFS firefighter claims he was sacked following heated rant against PM
The RFS firefighter who unleashed on Scott Morrison during the height of the bushfire crisis has revealed he was sacked after his heated rant, as he delivered another message to the prime minister.

David Aidone, News Corp Australia Network
Subscriber only
|
February 16, 2020 10:00pm

DAILYTELEGRAPH.COM.AU0:55
Fiery Firefighter responds to his outburst at the Prime Minister (The Project)
RFS firefighter Paul Parker has spoken to the Project about his fiery viral takedown of Prime Minister Scott Morrison. CREDIT: The Project

The RFS firefighter whose rant against Prime Minister Scott Morrison went viral has revealed he was sacked following his outburst.

Paul Parker, whose heated remarks landed him a never-ending tab at his local pub, said he was stood down for his “allegations and foul language” against Mr Morrison.

In early January, Mr Parker slammed the prime minister for inadequately supporting volunteer firefighters.

“Are you from the media? Tell the Prime Minister to go and get f---ed from Nelligen. We really enjoy doing this shit, f---head,” he said at the time, referring to his hometown in the message.

Paul Parker and his wife Tanya on The Project
Appearing on The Project alongside his wife Tanya, Mr Parker was asked whether he was taken off duties due to exhaustion.

But the volunteer firefighter claimed that was not the case.

“The message I got was about time you brought the truck back because we were about to send the police to go look for you. And then there were further comments with gestures and arm movements saying that I’m finished. It’s all over,” he told The Project.

Another captain from another brigade within Batemans Bay came out and I asked him the question, I said: ‘What’s going on?’ He said: ‘You’re finished because of your allegations and foul language against the PM of the country while representing the RFS’.

“Didn’t know you could get sacked from a volunteer organisation but apparently you can.”

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Real news, honest views. Watch Ticky Fullerton 11am Sundays, Sky News. For more

News Corp has contacted the RFS for comment.

Mr Parker became an Australian hero after he slammed the prime minister for inadequately supporting volunteer firefighters. Picture: 7 News
Mr Parker conceded we was “not a political person at all”, but explained Mr Morrison’s comments over whether or not the firefighters should be paid had “fired [him] up”.

“And his direct comment that we enjoy doing the job. Well, as I said, ScoMo, we don’t enjoy doing this shit. It p---ed me off.

And he had another message for Scott Morrison too.

“ScoMo, when are you going to start fessing up and doing what you say you’re doing in parliament?,” Mr Parker said on live TV.

“Nothing ever comes out of parliament that’s any good. Come and have a look at what the people have really gone through. And people are seriously affected and it’s going to take years for people to get over this (the bushfires), if they get over it at all.”

DAILYTELEGRAPH.COM.AU0:29
Australia bushfires: Firefighter lets loose at Scott Morrison (7 News)
An unnamed firefighter pulled his truck over in front of a 7NEWS camera in Nelligen to send a message to Scott Morrison.

On Saturday, it emerged that a GoFundMe pagehad been set up by Mr Parkers neighbours in a bid to help him rebuild his house which had been damaged by the fires.

“Paul hasn’t been able to work, and therefore has not generated an income, due to his volunteering with the Rural Fire Service,” the page read.

MORE NEWS:

‘It’s so exciting’: MS treatment breakthrough

Aussie cruisers set to be evacuated as death toll soars

Australian woman allegedly raped in Croatia

How to protect your reward points from scammers

“Please help donate to Paul, so that he can rebuild his own life whilst still protecting the community that he loves.”

More than $2000 of a $5000 target has been raised so far.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here you go @wendog33 He was sacked as suspected

They were about to send the police to look for me: RFS firefighter claims he was sacked following heated rant against PM
The RFS firefighter who unleashed on Scott Morrison during the height of the bushfire crisis has revealed he was sacked after his heated rant, as he delivered another message to the prime minister.

David Aidone, News Corp Australia Network
Subscriber only
|
February 16, 2020 10:00pm

DAILYTELEGRAPH.COM.AU0:55
Fiery Firefighter responds to his outburst at the Prime Minister (The Project)
RFS firefighter Paul Parker has spoken to the Project about his fiery viral takedown of Prime Minister Scott Morrison. CREDIT: The Project

The RFS firefighter whose rant against Prime Minister Scott Morrison went viral has revealed he was sacked following his outburst.

Paul Parker, whose heated remarks landed him a never-ending tab at his local pub, said he was stood down for his “allegations and foul language” against Mr Morrison.

In early January, Mr Parker slammed the prime minister for inadequately supporting volunteer firefighters.

“Are you from the media? Tell the Prime Minister to go and get f---ed from Nelligen. We really enjoy doing this shit, f---head,” he said at the time, referring to his hometown in the message.

Paul Parker and his wife Tanya on The Project
Appearing on The Project alongside his wife Tanya, Mr Parker was asked whether he was taken off duties due to exhaustion.

But the volunteer firefighter claimed that was not the case.

“The message I got was about time you brought the truck back because we were about to send the police to go look for you. And then there were further comments with gestures and arm movements saying that I’m finished. It’s all over,” he told The Project.

Another captain from another brigade within Batemans Bay came out and I asked him the question, I said: ‘What’s going on?’ He said: ‘You’re finished because of your allegations and foul language against the PM of the country while representing the RFS’.

“Didn’t know you could get sacked from a volunteer organisation but apparently you can.”

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Real news, honest views. Watch Ticky Fullerton 11am Sundays, Sky News. For more

News Corp has contacted the RFS for comment.

Mr Parker became an Australian hero after he slammed the prime minister for inadequately supporting volunteer firefighters. Picture: 7 News
Mr Parker conceded we was “not a political person at all”, but explained Mr Morrison’s comments over whether or not the firefighters should be paid had “fired [him] up”.

“And his direct comment that we enjoy doing the job. Well, as I said, ScoMo, we don’t enjoy doing this shit. It p---ed me off.

And he had another message for Scott Morrison too.

“ScoMo, when are you going to start fessing up and doing what you say you’re doing in parliament?,” Mr Parker said on live TV.

“Nothing ever comes out of parliament that’s any good. Come and have a look at what the people have really gone through. And people are seriously affected and it’s going to take years for people to get over this (the bushfires), if they get over it at all.”

DAILYTELEGRAPH.COM.AU0:29
Australia bushfires: Firefighter lets loose at Scott Morrison (7 News)
An unnamed firefighter pulled his truck over in front of a 7NEWS camera in Nelligen to send a message to Scott Morrison.

On Saturday, it emerged that a GoFundMe pagehad been set up by Mr Parkers neighbours in a bid to help him rebuild his house which had been damaged by the fires.

“Paul hasn’t been able to work, and therefore has not generated an income, due to his volunteering with the Rural Fire Service,” the page read.

MORE NEWS:

‘It’s so exciting’: MS treatment breakthrough

Aussie cruisers set to be evacuated as death toll soars

Australian woman allegedly raped in Croatia

How to protect your reward points from scammers

“Please help donate to Paul, so that he can rebuild his own life whilst still protecting the community that he loves.”

More than $2000 of a $5000 target has been raised so far.
Yes saw that. Smoko got him sacked! ;)

But RFS denying it.

Haven't seen today's goss on all this. Any clarification from RFS?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes saw that. Smoko got him sacked! ;)

But RFS denying it.

Haven't seen today's goss on all this. Any clarification from RFS?
I doubt believe a prime minister would become involved. Common sense prevailed from the RFS. It was just a really bad look for a member of a professional organisation

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here we go. Proof he had the RFS lunatic sacked?
Here he is, fists clenched, trying to tower over RFS boss, demanding Paulie get sacked. Shocked Gladys just heard it through Smoko's clenched teeth :grinning:

23030208-7854975-image-m-39_1578271838575.jpeg

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we go. Proof he had the RFS lunatic sacked?
So I know I said in another thread that I was going to list all the ways scummo was shit and a pr1ck. However, I decided against it? Why? Well a number of reasons.

1. I've been too busy at work

2. You've got your head firmly in sand and I thought it wasn't worth it

3. Scummo's ineptitude, lack of empathy, lack of compassion, corruption, being a general shit carnt is SO BLOODY OBVIOUS TO SEE, that anyone who doesn't see it is either : -

3A. willfully ignoring it

3B. a shit carnt like morriscum

--------------------------

On another note, we were discussing the AFP being partisan and not doing their proper job. Another case has since risen up, since our last discussion.

The AFP actually let off an investigation into Angus Taylor's office doctored OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT documents with reasoning of "he said he was sorry" and "there wasn't much impact". Since then as well, there's been a number of people who've put up their hand for nominations for the position of Lord Mayor of Sydney CBD. Surprise, surprise, one of these nominees is Louis Clegg, ANGUS TAYLOR'S WIFE!!!!!!!!

So again, the AFP DID NOT INVESTIGATE (EVEN THOUGH THE NSW POLICE FORCE ESCALATED IT TO THE AFP FOR INVESTIGATION) BECAUSE ANGUS WAS SORRY AND THERE WAS NO HARM DONE.