Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we want to help Souffs? Anyway, his heart is at Souffs and he’ll want more than $350k so Dogs won’t sign him

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think there's been any talk of him being released. Not really what we need, we've missed out on better players in positions we need.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm keen to see the development of Meaney and Oku myself but he'd be a good pickup for a team like the Titans
I agree. Okunbour has so many things in his favour, and if he can get has ball handling in order then he could be incredible. He is also on very little coin, so we are far better putting faith in him then signing an average player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree. Okunbour has so many things in his favour, and if he can get has ball handling in order then he could be incredible. He is also on very little coin, so we are far better putting faith in him then signing an average player.
The thing with Okunbor is that he still doesn't really know how to play as a winger, does defenitely bring a lot but i'm still nervous about starting the season with him and potentially having him exposed defensively so early on.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing we know about the kid is that he bleeds blue and white so he will be working hard to sort out his defence, meanwhile I thought he improved quite a bit with his handling as the season went on..

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have been interested in doulieh or what ever his name was. If he came cheap. Just as a stop gap half, or utility or even a back up fullback when DWZ goes down at some stage throughout the year :p

AJ would be too expensive. Great speed and decent back. Might have potential to be a good fullback. But good try scoring winger. And anyone that doubts that is just a hater. Record speaks for itself.
Hater of what? hes A V E R A G E!

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you like it if our club would pursue him?
I'm assuming he is successful in returning to league

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would you like it if our club would pursue him?
I'm assuming he is successful in returning to league
Nrl said he's not welcome.. so no your assumption is incorrect. And he's signed with Les Catalan.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Only for a year..what if they change the ruling

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it true Alex Johnson has won a grand final, and a challenge cup, represented Australia, PNG, the indigenous all stars , the Prime Ministers teams. Was selected 18th man for NSw and has been the leagues second highest (22) try scorer in a season. Look I’m not saying he is a world beater but surely that resume says something about the guys ability. Hardly a dud IMO .

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nrl said he's not welcome.. so no your assumption is incorrect. And he's signed with Les Catalan.
The NRL can “ say” whatever they like, it only matters if a club tries to register a contract and the NRL refuses. Then comes the legal challenge and just like Union the NRL would have to cave in. Same as Super League, they knew they couldn’t win and let it go. The NRL has absolutely no grounds, he’s done nothing wrong, hasn’t broken any terms of an NRL contract, because there wasn’t one. Plus he did have an NRL contract in the past and didn’t breach its terms.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnston would be OK, but only if cheap. 2 tries every 3 games is no average attacker, however he can't defend very well and is shit at taking hitups out of trouble. Bennett not rating him at this stage of his career says something IMO.

Okunbor has potential. Makes a lot of yards, can catch a ball, and isn't afraid of some hard stuff. He needs to loosen up his body in the collisions though, get a bit lower and use his leg drive. His rigid upright running style is fine for the track and in open space but he needs to learn how to use his body a bit better in those collisions (attack and defence). Barging through Smith a couple of times was great but it doesn't really show where he's at. Looks a bit lost with his timing too sometimes but that's probably just experience and confidence. Good athlete who could make it.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing with Okunbor is that he still doesn't really know how to play as a winger, does defenitely bring a lot but i'm still nervous about starting the season with him and potentially having him exposed defensively so early on.
Or we could try the Holland-Smith combo again. I would rather that than see Okunbur again.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind Alex Johnston but he seems to be a little soft........

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'll take him on the wing with Souths paying, but I'm guessing he will or probably have a sook because he thinks he's a fullback.
Hey why not, we already have a bunch of 'i have a dream' players in our backline that can't accept what position they are best at lol.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't it best to promote our youth and see how they go? This is what your always saying isn't it?
Sure, he will be a work in progress, but if he gets it all together by training hard all off season in the wing position, there's every chance he will succeed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't why anyone is complaining. Elliot is our best winger and he will get a choice on what wing he wants to play on.