Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Adam Doueihi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
From what some people in the know have alluded to during conversation, Pay and price who are on the recruitment and retention team and are playing HARD ball with negotiations i.e. JAC, Adam D, and Thompson . I simply can't understand Pays motif considering his own contract expires this year. The in-house politics between the football club and the league's club is costing us high end recruits. I've also been told that the league's club will cut there grant to the football club by approximately a million. No sponsor. No recruits. No membership drive. Unless coach Pay and co are confident that we have the cattle to play hard ball, and that we will certainly make the eight or better then there will be Interesting times ahead. Let's see how it all pans out.
It’s true what you have said and I now it that’s why I can not say anything but you have said it that’s what’s happening at the Club

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s true what you have said and I now it that’s why I can not say anything but you have said it that’s what’s happening at the Club
So what do you mean by Price and Pay playing hardball?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
400k seems reasonable first offer. He knocks it back up to 500k no more. Never pay overs to storm players. See how he goes outside such a well structured, disciplined team.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what some people in the know have alluded to during conversation, Pay and price who are on the recruitment and retention team and are playing HARD ball with negotiations i.e. JAC, Adam D, and Thompson . I simply can't understand Pays motif considering his own contract expires this year. The in-house politics between the football club and the league's club is costing us high end recruits. I've also been told that the league's club will cut there grant to the football club by approximately a million. No sponsor. No recruits. No membership drive. Unless coach Pay and co are confident that we have the cattle to play hard ball, and that we will certainly make the eight or better then there will be Interesting times ahead. Let's see how it all pans out.
I couldn’t imagine the leagues club reducing funding when most of the key figures on the footy club board are also on the leagues club board

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
I couldn’t imagine the leagues club reducing funding when most of the key figures on the footy club board are also on the leagues club board
Funds have being cut does not look good also no major sponsor to help when the football club not producing it does effect the league club also

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If a few of these comments are true then Miss Marple won't be lasting long after gaining her position on Daddy's coat tails and using his book from 30 years ago. That shite ain't going to work anymore as it requires loyalty & integrity, something extinct in the modern game.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Douiehi ain’t worth 500k
His a fill in centre at best, and fuck Souths hope no one signs him and they pay 500k for him to be in Reggie’s

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still don't understand why Pay is having such authority on signings and cap management when he might not even be coaching in 2021? Obviously he should be involved in discussions, but he shouldn't be the one making decisions.

My biggest worry is that they'll waste the 2021 and beyond cap space as they'll have to make last minute desperation signings just to use the required 95% of the cap up.

The more players that get taken off the market week to week, especially Addo Carr and Thompson, the more likely that is to happen.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I still don't understand why Pay is having such authority on signings and cap management when he might not even be coaching in 2021? Obviously he should be involved in discussions, but he shouldn't be the one making decisions.

My biggest worry is that they'll waste the 2021 and beyond cap space as they'll have to make last minute desperation signings just to use the required 95% of the cap up.

The more players that get taken off the market week to week, especially Addo Carr and Thompson, the more likely that is to happen.
I can't see us signing anyone (of note) at all at this rate. I think what will happen is us throwing stupid money at bog average players again just so we comply with the 95% of salary cap rule for 2021. If we were going to we would have made moves already.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the point I made earlier. I'm not sure what the agenda is, but it's quite obvious that there is a stalemate somewhere within.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there some truth to this dinkum ?
Friction between the football and league's club?

?

Last edited:

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
because its 1985 and the club rules with an iron fist....

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well all I can say is that our chairman of the leagues club knows his stuff.
He could have had the dogs back to the top in no time.
Aggressive management style, something we appear to be lacking
I'm pretty sure there is from what I've been told. Factions on both sides of league's and football clubs.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the problem. Time to move with the times. Siege mentality doesn't work like it used to on that level.
because its 1985 and the club rules with an iron fist....

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn't even notice the ZERO membership promotion. I haven't seen a single thing. Amazing actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.