Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Adam Doueihi

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the whole NRL market is overpaying alot of players. If a player like Levi is on $375k then Douiehi would probably get $450-$500k somewhere.

It would be an ideal use of our $350k from Foran as the money has to be used on a player who can play in the halves and he can, which other half is available at around $350k. I can see the money going unused tbh.

Once signed he could play anywhere across 1-6 but I think there's zero chance of us signing him.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
400k for the best winger in the game to play for the Dogs? Like anyone would accept that lol.
If we offered $400k to Fox, no chance in hell we’d stump up $500k for Doulhei, even with the cap relief etc

The dogs will not sign anyone unless they are passionate about playing for the dogs over and above premierships and coin...which means if we don’t sign a player within a few days, we ain’t signing them.

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
If we offered $400k to Fox, no chance in hell we’d stump up $500k for Doulhei, even with the cap relief etc

The dogs will not sign anyone unless they are passionate about playing for the dogs over and above premierships and coin...which means if we don’t sign a player within a few days, we ain’t signing them.
Dogs aren’t signing anyone yet need to wait and see what’s going to happen in the season coming

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dogs aren’t signing anyone yet need to wait and see what’s going to happen in the season coming
The club is way too passive and keeps sitting back waiting for things to happen. Worst case scenario for them though is they have to sack Pay and find a replacement for him while offering a the new coach a fair bit of cap to work with.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

If that's seriously the way the club is thinking we aren't signing anyone other than fringe first graders. An an example which decent player will sign for $400k with the dogs if they can get $600k elsewhere and a better chance of a premiership. Time in the game is limited, it's not a 30 year career.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
different journos have said the dogs have offered him different amounts.
330k 400k 900k it’s all just rumours I think.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

This lot need to get their shit sorted, it isn't the 80s. Players are professionals and will play for whoever pays them and provides an attractive environment.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If that's seriously the way the club is thinking we aren't signing anyone other than fringe first graders. An an example which decent player will sign for $400k with the dogs if they can get $600k elsewhere and a better chance of a premiership. Time in the game is limited, it's not a 30 year career.
We're probably going to offer Elliott more than 400k lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Skimmed it and didn't read the bulldogs anywhere in that article... hope I didn't miss it but FCUK YEAH! Really don't need him if we are planning on moving forward not sideways.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the rorters name being thrown around, never saw that coming, that salary sombrero getting another workout yet again, cheating fucks!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think they're dumb enough to only offer Fox 400k. Wasn't he on that much at Melbourne? He wouldn't leave them mid contract to sign for us for a similar amount...

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is off to the storm. It's a done deal Doueihi for Addo-Carr
Always felt that was going to happen, well Addo-Carr anyway. Him and Mitchell want to be together and are they now both under the same management.

Hopefully it's not right.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
From what some people in the know have alluded to during conversation, Pay and price who are on the recruitment and retention team and are playing HARD ball with negotiations i.e. JAC, Adam D, and Thompson . I simply can't understand Pays motif considering his own contract expires this year. The in-house politics between the football club and the league's club is costing us high end recruits. I've also been told that the league's club will cut there grant to the football club by approximately a million. No sponsor. No recruits. No membership drive. Unless coach Pay and co are confident that we have the cattle to play hard ball, and that we will certainly make the eight or better then there will be Interesting times ahead. Let's see how it all pans out.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
From what some people in the know have alluded to during conversation, Pay and price who are on the recruitment and retention team and are playing HARD ball with negotiations i.e. JAC, Adam D, and Thompson . I simply can't understand Pays motif considering his own contract expires this year. The in-house politics between the football club and the league's club is costing us high end recruits. I've also been told that the league's club will cut there grant to the football club by approximately a million. No sponsor. No recruits. No membership drive. Unless coach Pay and co are confident that we have the cattle to play hard ball, and that we will certainly make the eight or better then there will be Interesting times ahead. Let's see how it all pans out.
Yeah somethings got to give when we signed DWZ Pay mentioned he wanted another 3-4 players like him and something else (don’t quote me) was we need to boost our squad as much as we can... that comment was obviously with reference to having such a young team. So current recruitment doesn’t make sense.. granted funds are limited for 2020 but not 2021 and beyond... got to fork out for a top player sooner or later..

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly hope something gives as player talent pool slowly diminishing.
Yeah somethings got to give when we signed DWZ Pay mentioned he wanted another 3-4 players like him and something else (don’t quote me) was we need to boost our squad as much as we can... that comment was obviously with reference to having such a young team. So current recruitment doesn’t make sense.. granted funds are limited for 2020 but not 2021 and beyond... got to fork out for a top player sooner or later..

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Always felt that was going to happen, well Addo-Carr anyway. Him and Mitchell want to be together and are they now both under the same management.

Hopefully it's not right.
Hopefully they both decide to go "walkabout" midseason.
Chillin' in the Dreamtime.
That would shove it up Rusty, Crusty and Richo!

Status
Not open for further replies.