Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Adam Doueihi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
An emotional Adam Doueihi has told his Rabbitohs teammates he is quitting South Sydney, as three surprise clubs emerge in the race to sign the rising star. SEE WHO THEY ARE.

Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph

Adam Doueihi has walked into South Sydney training at Redfern on Wednesday morning to tell his teammates he is leaving the NRL club.

It is still not known where Doueihi will be playing this season, however, The Daily Telegraph understands that several clubs are showing interest, with suggestions the Sydney Roosters, Canberra and potentially Melbourne are now in the mix.

Doueihi would be a suitable option for all three clubs given the current strengths and weaknesses of their respective rosters.

It is believed that Doueihi and his family have been less than impressed with the way the Tigers have baulked at paying the money the Rabbitohs wanted to secure his release.

Doueihi felt that there was no way he could keep playing at the Rabbitohs, given he had been told by coach Wayne Bennett that it was in his best interests to leave if he wanted to be a regular first-grade starting player.

The Tigers, who recently missed out on signing Latrell Mitchell, are now at risk of losing the race to sign another of rugby league’s rising stars, with strong mail that other options have emerged.

Doueihi has been a popular figure at the Rabbitohs for several years now, and showed what an outstanding prospect he is with his courageous performance in last year’s semi-final loss to the Canberra Raiders.

Doueihi has been extremely emotional in recent times after learning that his future at the Rabbitohs was uncertain. However, at Wednesday morning’s meeting with his teammates, there was plenty of support, as he is convinced he is making the right decision.

At 21, Doueihi is seen as a representative player of the future, who can comfortably play fullback, five-eighth or in the centres.

He has already represented minnows Lebanon at international level.

While Doueihi’s big chance of playing his preferred fullback position would be at the Tigers, several rivals have shown interest in him playing in the centres.

More to come.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've said it a few times, he's worth the risk. Will add to the squad this year primarily as a centre, but also can play fullback or in the halves.
Allowing for the 350k salary cap excemption we get good value on his reported 500k salary.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait for everybody to reject his silly price tag and get him on the cheap

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait for everybody to reject his silly price tag and get him on the cheap
He's contracted to Souths for 2020 and 2021.
Souths have gone on record saying they wont chip in for him to play at another club.
With reports of him being on 500k per year, and Souths having payed the first 3 months of his contract (125k) we could essentially pick him up for 25k this year when factoring in the 350k Foran cap excemption. That makes it 525k for 2 years. I'd offer him an extra year at 500k based on potential with a club option for a 4th year.
I can see him playing at fullback eventually giving us a backline of
Doueihi
Meaney
Hopoate
DWZ
Smith

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths have gone on record saying they wont chip in for him to play at another club.
With reports of him being on 500k per year, and Souths having payed the first 3 months of his contract (125k) we could essentially pick him up for 25k this year when factoring in the 350k Foran cap excemption. That makes it 525k for 2 years. I'd offer him an extra year at 500k based on potential with a club option for a 4th year.
Doueihi
Meaney
Hopoate
DWZ
Smith

I think 500k is a fair gamble myself.. we have had our problems paying overs based on ''potential''

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think 500k is a fair gamble myself.. we have had our problems paying overs based on ''potential''
It's a calculated gamble, but at what point do we take the risk on players again to get the talent and depth in the playing squad to be a top 4 team.
You'd hope that after the contract is finished the 500k looks cheap, but you never know do you...

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
only if souffs are paying , he would provide great versatility for us given we are thin in several positions

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a calculated gamble, but at what point do we take the risk on players again to get the talent and depth in the playing squad to be a top 4 team.
You'd hope that after the contract is finished the 500k looks cheap, but you never know do you...
I don't think it's calculated when it's a depth player who is injury prone tbh.. I just think we have more important positions to be concerned with.. we also have a starting fullback, and decent backups, as well as two starting centres now that Reimis has been moved

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doueihi
Meaney
Hopoate
DWZ
Smith
if souths need him gone to further do what they have planned to do, than souths will contribute to doueihi wage, bennett doesnt like his plans messed with

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it's calculated when it's a depth player who is injury prone tbh.. I just think we have more important positions to be concerned with.. we also have a starting fullback, and decent backups, as well as two starting centres now that Reimis has been moved
Fair enough, I think you're underestimating him as a depth player though. From what I've seen of him he's going to be a very good 1st grader, possible rep player.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Reimis works out, but if not we are thin. Poor form or injury and we are thin in the halves, same for FB.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
if souths need him gone to further do what they have planned to do, than souths will contribute to doueihi wage, bennett doesnt like his plans messed with
They already came out and said they'd be happy for him to stay. They released him because Bennett thinks he's ready for first grade but couldn't fit him in the 17. As much as I despise the old Skeletor he does have a habit of releasing players under the same premise, Taylor and Arrow from Brisbane come to mind.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am suprised we are not making a play for him tbh.
lol... Is it really that surprising? I mean we should be but won’t, others I’d prefer though.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Surely the 350k from Foran would be used for this? Who else is there and why waste the money and do nothing with it?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I'd use him in the halves. That's his best spot. Not particularly fast and we need strike out wide especially when we al ready have hoppa there

Status
Not open for further replies.