Israel Folau has joined the Catalan Dragons

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He will be playing in the English Super League.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely will be keeping my eye on the Super League this season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Definitely will be keeping my eye on the Super League this season.
SBW, Folau and Maloney make it much more appealing.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catalans Dragons have announced the signing of Israel Folau with immediate effect.

Folau, 30, has signed a 1 year contract with the club.

Israel Folau commented: “I acknowledge the views expressed by Super League and the Rugby Football League. I'm a proud Christian, my beliefs are personal, my intention is not to hurt anyone and I will not be making further public comment about them. I look forward to my return to the great game of Rugby League with the Catalans Dragons.”

Folau was just 17 when he began his career in the NRL in 2007 with Melbourne, where he broke the record for most tries in a debut year. Named Dally M Rookie of the Year in 2007 and Dally M Centre of the Year in 2008, he moved to the Brisbane Broncos two years later.

He had a successful four-year career in the game, scoring 73 tries in 91 NRL games. He also represented Queensland in the State of Origin and Australia, becoming the youngest ever player to play for both teams.

He moved to rugby union with the Waratahs in 2013 after a two-year spell in Australian Rules (AFL). He made his international debut for Australia in 2013. Folau has been named Wallabies Player of the Year a record three times, in 2014, 2015 and 2017. Folau is the fourth highest try scoring Australian international player with 37 tries in 73 tests and he became in 2019 the record holder for most tries scored in Super Rugby history.

Catalans Dragons Chairman Bernard Guasch : “We want to give Israel a new opportunity to shine on the pitch. We do not support or agree with Israel’s previously expressed and controversial views which are based upon his sincerely held religious belief. We do not share or condone those views and we are totally committed to our club and our sport being open and welcoming to everyone. We do not believe that those views should be publicly expressed, especially by a high-profile sports person. We have a signed agreement with the RFL. Any transgression will trigger an immediate termination of Israel’s contract and a substantial fine for the club.”

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The RFL showing balls and brains in this scenario.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I thought Wigan were the team to beat adding Hastings and G.Burgess. Catalans will now be a big threat with: 1.Tomkins, 6. Maloney, 7. J.Drinkwater, along with Kasiano and Folau. Of course Saints and Warrington will be in the mix too. Will be a great comp for sure

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I love it how this dickhead is now saying he will keep his views to himself. Yeah, wonder how long that will last?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it how this dickhead is now saying he will keep his views to himself. Yeah, wonder how long that will last?
"When if comes to bullshit...bigtime, major league bullshit...you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims...religion."

George Calin

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He may do now that he realises unemployment is no fun.

You would have to imagine that contract has some pretty specific clauses.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see him back... as a Christian I don't agree with what he did but if it wasn't anything lgbt related it never would have ended up the way it did... say for example, if he said all red heads will go to Hell.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good to see him back... as a Christian I don't agree with what he did but if it wasn't anything lgbt related it never would have ended up the way it did... say for example, if he said all red heads will go to Hell.
Well no one gave a shit about the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Athiests or Idolaters.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He may do now that he realises unemployment is no fun.

You would have to imagine that contract has some pretty specific clauses.
I wonder if he will deliver his hate speech sermons via video link. I can't imagine he is going to miss church, and what is the likelihood he will find a church over there that puts up with his ridiculous views?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All choices

Not a choice. I'd go into bat for the red heads, tbh.

maybe you would, but do you think the same outcome would have occurred if Izzy had said "All Rangas will go to hell" ..not a chance.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
maybe you would, but do you think the same outcome would have occurred if Izzy had said "All Rangas will go to hell" ..not a chance.
I can't imagine singling out a whole group of people based on any physical characteristic would have gone well for him, tbh.....but if you're concerned the red headed community is underrepresented in human rights debates, by all means start a red pride group. Just don't go full Cartman.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW, Folau and Maloney make it much more appealing.
They are the big theme this year... well super league an SBW are getting a lot of hype for sure.!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Atleast someone showed some balls and signed him..... sick of the loud left and letter brigade screaming until they get their way all the time