Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yen looks too much like my sister. Plus there's something about her accent. Normally I like the posh English accent but hers is just kind meh
Well that would throw a spanner in the mix for you of course. Also, was I dating your sister? haha :tongueclosed:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the TV show they're both shit
All the girls were pretty underwhelming in the show...
Ciri I think is fine, but Yen and Triss they really fucked up. Yen looks too young and isn't Slavic and Triss, well Triss is just...I can't handle her casting. Don't get me started on Fringilla!!

Honestly though, the chick who played Renfri (Emma Appleton) in the first episode I thought would have made a decent Triss.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ciri I think is fine, but Yen and Triss they really fucked up. Yen looks too young and isn't Slavic and Triss, well Triss is just...I can't handle her casting. Don't get me started on Fringilla!!

Honestly though, the chick who played Renfri (Emma Appleton) in the first episode I thought would have made a decent Triss.
So I just found out that the chick that plays Ciri is 18...looks like a kid in show or am I just getting old :coldsweat:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I liked Ciri. The actress played her well. The Renfri chick was great too.

There was an article about it that pointed out that the books and games are Polish, which is why the characters are white. The article said that there's nothing wrong with replacing them with coloured actors/actresses but that these ones just really didn't fit the part.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So I just found out that the chick that plays Ciri is 18...looks like a kid in show or am I just getting old :coldsweat:
Nah, she looks like a kid. Funny thing is in real life she looks completely different. The show just made her look a lot younger and different.

She still looks very young but not as young

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
She is meant to look like a kid as in the books here age goes from around 9/10 to 16/17. In the game Witcher 3 which come at a later timeline Ciri is in her early 20's.

I think in the show I read that she is meant to be 12 in the first season.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I liked Ciri. The actress played her well. The Renfri chick was great too.

There was an article about it that pointed out that the books and games are Polish, which is why the characters are white. The article said that there's nothing wrong with replacing them with coloured actors/actresses but that these ones just really didn't fit the part.
I'm not a fan of them diversifying for the sake of it. Especially when they change characters completely that are main characters throughout the story. We got English Indian's playing Yen and Triss and a English African playing Fringilla. The point I'm making is the characters they are playing are not of the heritage so it takes away the authenticity of said characters, even in a fictional realm.

witcher.jpg

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know I'm digressing, but as Ricky Gervais is currently in the news, this is my favorite RG moment from GTA 4:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of them diversifying for the sake of it. Especially when they change characters completely that are main characters throughout the story. We got English Indian's playing Yen and Triss and a English African playing Fringilla. The point I'm making is the characters they are playing are not of the heritage so it takes away the authenticity of said characters, even in a fictional realm.

View attachment 12469
Interesting fact, the chick who plays the sorceress teacher who teaches Yennefer. She's the one that does the voice for the Dutchess Anna Henrietta in the Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher 3.

And on a completely unrelated note

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting fact, the chick who plays the sorceress teacher who teaches Yennefer. She's the one that does the voice for the Dutchess Anna Henrietta in the Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher 3.

And on a completely unrelated note

Yes that is correct mate. Funny how she got caught up in two different version as two different characters. Obviously she is good at what she does.

That video is great!

Wahesh

Reaction score
I have a feeling that I'm probably the biggest mobile gamer on here lol. I play Clash Royale, Sega Heroes and Soul Hunters the most. There's also a pool game I played. I did try Uno last week, but wasn't really happy with the layout. Anyone here play mobile games?

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe finally got NBN up and running, everything is all good but apparently my Pixel is a useless **** and can't properly connect to the router lol. Always something going wrong.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe finally got NBN up and running, everything is all good but apparently my Pixel is a useless **** and can't properly connect to the router lol. Always something going wrong.
At least you know you can blame Google for it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
At least you know you can blame Google for it.
Yh apparently there's some fault with them connecting to a mesh network or something..not ideal for when I want to have a quick jerk :expressionless:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yh apparently there's some fault with them connecting to a mesh network or something..not ideal for when I want to have a quick jerk :expressionless:
Yep sounds like Google lol. Must be a wifi issue. Sometimes it's happened with me and a quick restart of the device fixes it. If not, try restarting your modem (not NBN box) - that might work.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep sounds like Google lol. Must be a wifi issue. Sometimes it's happened with me and a quick restart of the device fixes it. If not, try restarting your modem (not NBN box) - that might work.
It's my phone, literally every other device works. Might ring Google and try and get free shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
May can't come fast enough. The Last Of Us 2 and Cyberpunk are the two games I am genuinely looking forward to the most this year.
It's probably a good thing that Cyberpunk delayed their release so there's time to play TLOU first, but I really wanted to play these games on the next gen consoles first so might hold back until the end of the year.