News Curtis Scott arrested after Moore Park incident

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are reporters at the telecrap crying now because we didn't sign him. I get the opinion that he was released by the Storm because they knew he had behavioral issues off the field. Perhaps they already had to sweep things under the carpet recently. I don't know if the club actually tried to recruit him or not. But we've avoided a huge amount of pre-season drama that having him on our roster would have caused.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't be an issue for us. Dean Pay is a supercoach and there's no way any player would get drunk and do anything stupid under his guidance.
Especially with leaders like Adam Elliot around.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up Reimis for the Fox or most outside backs, I don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of Reimis to date. He is big body with speed to burn and the new rule changes will suit him if we can get our halves kicking to him.
Having two centres who are pretty decent in the air will be something we haven't had for some damn time and should make our halves look good.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes an ok player but not amazing like some are suggesting tbh i hope remis nails centre

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROTFLMFAO. None of my Raider mates are returning my texts.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH

The first thing I thought of when I saw this is - cool - his charges amount to more than the 11 year threshold. Therefore, he could be stood down.

So if that is the case - is the BJ Leluia deal complete yet? Cause if not, Raiders may do a U-Turn.....

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Would love to see the look on Ricky's face upon hearing that his new center has been arrested.
I read his reaction in the Telecrap this morning. Apparently he was 'pissed off' - resulting in a big LMAO from myself.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He’s is deep shit he’s been charged with-
2 x assault police officer
1 x resist arrest
2 x behaving in offensive manner
1 x remaining on Trust lands after request to leave
Being drunk and not knowing what was going on is the only reason those charges might not have much glue. If he was sober and knew what he was doing it's likely he wouldn't have acted that way - that would be the basis of his defense I imagine.

Regardless, if the NRL is to remain consistent, he should be suspended until the investigation is over.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
TBH

The first thing I thought of when I saw this is - cool - his charges amount to more than the 11 year threshold. Therefore, he could be stood down.

So if that is the case - is the BJ Leluia deal complete yet? Cause if not, Raiders may do a U-Turn.....
I don’t think they’d add all the charges up. It must be any individual charge of 11 years jail or more (apart from violence against women or children)

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think they’d add all the charges up. It must be any individual charge of 11 years jail or more (apart from violence against women or children)
Assaulting an officer is maximum 14 years.

Done

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Assaulting an officer is maximum 14 years.

Done
He didn’t commit grievous bodily harm against them though, it’s only 7 years

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody ever gets the maximum for anything.. He won't be doing any jail time
Sorry mate - for context - we are discussing whether the crime committed by Curtis Scott would have him eligible for the "no fault stand down" policy.

The benchmark is 11 years - if the crime committed has a maximum sentence above this threshold, then the NRL have the capability of standing you down until trial ala Jack De Bellin etc etc.

He didn’t commit grievous bodily harm against them though, it’s only 7 years
This is true. I thought he may of broken ones' jaw, but it appears he just punched one in the kisser when he was being awoke from an alcohol-induced stupor.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry mate - for context - we are discussing whether the crime committed by Curtis Scott would have him eligible for the "no fault stand down" policy.

The benchmark is 11 years - if the crime committed has a maximum sentence above this threshold, then the NRL have the capability of standing you down until trial ala Jack De Bellin etc etc.

This is true. I thought he may of broken ones' jaw, but it appears he just punched one in the kisser when he was being awoke from an alcohol-induced stupor.
He’s an idiot and should receive a big suspension mate but yeah doesn’t fit the criteria for the stand down policy. Maybe the raiders will stand him down themselves though

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boys will be boys, media witch hunt let him off.
Half the time the cops act smart with drunks knowing assault Police can be a mandatory sentence.
Champion effort, party hardy..

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being drunk and not knowing what was going on is the only reason those charges might not have much glue. If he was sober and knew what he was doing it's likely he wouldn't have acted that way - that would be the basis of his defense I imagine.

Regardless, if the NRL is to remain consistent, he should be suspended until the investigation is over.
Being drunk is not legally an excuse hasn't been for years

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not much of an excuse tbh.. most magistrates don't give a fcuk and if this guy has any recent priors he will most likely cop a suspended sentence and some pretty decent community service work. I say he won't play in 2020 and his contract might be torn up.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another confirmation some NRL players, regardless of the awareness programs, education, advise and re-affirmations of their responsibilities should have tattooed across their low foreheads "Stupid is as stupid does".

Now that my amusement has abated I'm pissed off! The NRL should destroy this prick, and I mean his present and his future. If he assaulted a ref he would be banned for life, assaulting a cop should have the same consequences. Make an example out of him, one that can be highlighted to every new player coming into the code.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another confirmation some NRL players, regardless of the awareness programs, education, advise and re-affirmations of their responsibilities should have tattooed across their low foreheads "Stupid is as stupid does".

Now that my amusement has abated I'm pissed off! The NRL should destroy this prick, and I mean his present and his future. If he assaulted a ref he would be banned for life, assaulting a cop should have the same consequences. Make an example out of him, one that can be highlighted to every new player coming into the code.
Fifita verbally abused a junior referee (who was also a policeman) - and it would have escalated to physical had other people not interevented.

He got 6 weeks.

The NRL is absolutely inept.