Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant this bloke be silenced for a while or his capabilities to create threads be stopped by the mods? What is there job on here if its not to stop this annoying pointless shit

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
i know il get shouted down on this forum but as an all black supporter his uncle was a gun player...johnny schuster
Not at League he wasn't. He spent a lot of time in reserve grade at Newcastle. Only had a couple of years in the top grade in the NRL.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Since we now have finally received 350k we have to spend by rd 1. I'm getting a strong feeling we might be signing ado - carr... As Tigers just signed leulua. And Smith has pushed into Centre...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Since we now have finally received 350k we have to spend by rd 1. I'm getting a strong feeling we might be signing ado - carr... As Tigers just signed leulua. And Smith has pushed into Centre...
You may be right in the scheme of things, but complications remain:

Although like for like rule appears to have been softened:

- Storm have to agree to release JAC for 2020 and they’ll want to be well compensated for that via a player swap, transfer fee, or both. If I were the Storm I wouldn’t want an unhappy employee but they won’t let him go for nothing.

- JAC is trying to swap managers in the middle of all of this.

We’ll see how it pans out and if the other moves were related or co-incidental.

Last edited:

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
You may be right in the scheme of things, but complications remain:

Although like for like rule appears to have been softened:

- Storm have to agree to release JAC for 2020 and they’ll want to be well compensated for that via a player swap, transfer fee, or both. If I were the Storm I wouldn’t want an unhappy employee but they won’t let him go for nothing.

- JAC is trying to swap managers in the middle of all of this.

We’ll see how it pans out and if the other moves were related or co-incidental.
If it was my decision I'd trade Okunbor and offer $500,000 for JAC...if you consider the 350k Were only paying 150K for him

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If it was my decision I'd trade Okunbor and offer $500,000 for JAC...if you consider the 350k Were only paying 150K for him
I agree with you on Okunbor - and I'd trade him before someone like Lewis.
The question is whether the Storm would see that as adequate.
Bellamy has a good eye for talent - who could he turn into a playmaker for Melbourne? My guess is maybe Lewis or Wakeham but who knows if he'd see Okunbor as adequate and from what I've seen of Wakeham I'd prefer the Dogs keep him.
The $500k number might be a bit skinny too - I've done a back of the beer coaster calculation but best not post it here given I've called into question myself the numbers being bandied about on here in terms of salaries and how it fits the cap :-)
Bottom line - I think we could make it work dollar wise - the real question is what Melbourne see as adequate compensation...

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bellemy might take okunbor. Don’t want him running over cam smith again

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Article saying dugan will be playing reserves on 800k. Why dont we offer him 400k and play him in the centres

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Article saying dugan will be playing reserves on 800k. Why dont we offer him 400k and play him in the centres
Because he’d fail the no dickhead policy test and he’s well past his best. No thanks (from me). If the Sharktides are offloading centres I’d rather take J-Moz back for a year, but I think we’ll be fine with Smith/Hoppa anyway, particularly if JAC becomes reality on the wing.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Because he’d fail the no dickhead policy test and he’s well past his best. No thanks (from me). If the Sharktides are offloading centres I’d rather take J-Moz back for a year, but I think we’ll be fine with Smith/Hoppa anyway, particularly if JAC becomes reality on the wing.
Big and fast still has a bit to offer and would add to our attack

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Why would he take a 400k a year paycut with us when he can sit on his contract for 2years in reserves...sharks fans must be ropeable!!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why would he take a 400k a year paycut with us when he can sit on his contract for 2years in reserves...sharks fans must be ropeable!!!
Not unlike when we were paying Greg Eastwood a similar amount in 2018 to spend the majority of the year in reggies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The money that's being offered in compensation needs to be used for a replacement player.

In other words you can't use the 350k to sign a winger when the injured player is a half. And the NRL will police it hard as we are the bulldogs, not Souths or the roosters.

Best available player would be Doueihi who has played in the halves but I doubt it would happen.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with you on Okunbor - and I'd trade him before someone like Lewis.
The question is whether the Storm would see that as adequate.
Bellamy has a good eye for talent - who could he turn into a playmaker for Melbourne? My guess is maybe Lewis or Wakeham but who knows if he'd see Okunbor as adequate and from what I've seen of Wakeham I'd prefer the Dogs keep him.
The $500k number might be a bit skinny too - I've done a back of the beer coaster calculation but best not post it here given I've called into question myself the numbers being bandied about on here in terms of salaries and how it fits the cap :-)
Bottom line - I think we could make it work dollar wise - the real question is what Melbourne see as adequate compensation...
Good point. Apparently JAC is only on 350k which I find extraordinary considering he's a Test and State winger... Also Storm will have just lost both their wingers ... The only question for Bellamy would be is Onkunbar good enough?! We definately can't afford to lose any of our three halves, having them all competing for a FG spot is terrific planning by Pay and I feel all of them are ready to break out this year.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
The money that's being offered in compensation needs to be used for a replacement player.

In other words you can't use the 350k to sign a winger when the injured player is a half. And the NRL will police it hard as we are the bulldogs, not Souths or the roosters.

Best available player would be Doueihi who has played in the halves but I doubt it would happen.
OK, I didn't realize that. That makes it tricky then.