2020 memberships

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There has been another 1000 members sign up and we are on 9210 now. Its still a very bad number.
If my experience was any indication they are on the phone to everyone who hasn't renewed, pushing the alternatives. I also received an email last night explaining the various options from my usual full season membership.

Go Dogs

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rang them and found it it was any game except for magic round.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There has been another 1000 members sign up and we are on 9210 now. Its still a very bad number.
Yeah it's low but still 7 weeks until kick-off and I reckon there's a bit of out of sight out of mind syndrome - so some who only get around to renewing as the season gets closer eg: trial games etc.
Maybe the 9's might motivate a few more - any and all exposure has gotta help.
Unlikely to double at this stage but if we can snag a few thousand more leading up to Round 1 that's not a bad result given we're still on our way back.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's low but still 7 weeks until kick-off and I reckon there's a bit of out of sight out of mind syndrome - so some who only get around to renewing as the season gets closer eg: trial games etc.
Maybe the 9's might motivate a few more - any and all exposure has gotta help.
Unlikely to double at this stage but if we can snag a few thousand more leading up to Round 1 that's not a bad result given we're still on our way back.
It's a terrible number when you consider we were over 10K this time last year.
The club really has to do better with it. Get the memberships on sale earlier and be proactive about marketing it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, as a ‘ticketed’ member (not football club member) you get a membership pack which usually includes various bits of swag (member card, cap, scarf, other bits and pieces). Time taken to receive depends on when you join. This time of the year it’s busy and takes a bit longer - mid year faster. If you join now you should have your kit before the season starts though.

So how can I become a football club member ?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's a terrible number when you consider we were over 10K this time last year.
The club really has to do better with it. Get the memberships on sale earlier and be proactive about marketing it.
No question they have to improve there and I've given my feedback as such.
Sounds like they are more active this week as some posters have been saying they've been getting calls and emails.
With our fanbase we really should have among the highest membership in the NRL - so the club has to do better and hopefully more fans convert to members too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So how can I become a football club member ?
You fill in a membership application which you can get from the club or an existing member if they have one.
An existing member has to sponsor your application and it has to get seconded by another member.
It then goes to the board for approval at its next meeting, which is next week, so maybe too late for the board papers for this next meeting, but if you're keen and want to do it soon, you can likely become a footy club member before the season kicks off (there's another board meeting in February).
You can PM me if you want to know more, or contact the club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You fill in a membership application which you can get from the club or an existing member if they have one.
An existing member has to sponsor your application and it has to get seconded by another member.
It then goes to the board for approval at its next meeting, which is next week, so maybe too late for the board papers for this next meeting, but if you're keen and want to do it soon, you can likely become a footy club member before the season kicks off (there's another board meeting in February).
You can PM me if you want to know more, or contact the club.
I have a application form if you want one @Phalangist ? Its from 2018 though but I think it will still be ok.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Arrived yesterday.

Probably the best cap they’ve ever included - I’ll probably wear this one!

Thanks.

I only check my P.O. box every now and then. I'll have to wander down next week.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing in Sydney either. I signed up around Xmas though.
I got mine about 10 days ago.
I’m sure it’ll all get done before the season starts. 4 weeks to go! 4 weeks to go! :-).