News Paul Alamoti

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Alamoti (Canterbury)

Get excited long-suffering Canterbury fans, this kid can play.

Built in the same mould as Matt Utai but with the strength of Sonny Bill Williams, Alamoti is an explosive centre that dominated the Harold Matthews ranks last season.

He regularly ran over opponents with his raw strength to help the Bulldogs progress to the grand final before losing to Newcastle.

Alamoti was rewarded with selection in the Harold Matthews representative team.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% agree the best standout youth player since barba.. is he 17 yet?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Built in the same mould as Matt Utai but with the strength of Sonny Bill Williams, Alamoti is an explosive centre that dominated the Harold Matthews ranks last season.

He regularly ran over opponents with his raw strength to help the Bulldogs progress to the grand final before losing to Newcastle.

Haven’t herd of this kid but if he’s as good as you say I’m looking forward to seeing him play

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned the kid 2 months ago and u all jumped all over me claiming he is only 15. But whatever.
Good solid player that can find the line.
But we dont want that its not bulldog dna lol.
We only want players that try there best lol.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned the kid 2 months ago and u all jumped all over me claiming he is only 15. But whatever.
Good on ya man 2 months ago...... this kid had been ear marked for longer than that buddy. Stop being a sensitive lil bitch

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Short like Utai lol.

So basically he is just another Hurrell, Kata nugget.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's more important is which one does he think like.... because if he's that good, uncle Nick, would like to have a word!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People jumped all over you because he literally can not play NRL footy like you suggested, you need to be 18 and he's still years away from there lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He looks really good but there's still so much time between now and when he's even eligible to play FG.. Anything could happen during that time so let's not hype the kid up too much and hope that he keeps dominating the junior grades.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He looks really good but there's still so much time between now and when he's even eligible to play FG.. Anything could happen during that time so let's not hype the kid up too much and hope that he keeps dominating the junior grades.
Agree. Brad Abbey anyone? Wasn't he the greatest thing ever coming through juniors? Fizzle...

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seems decent. I don’t get the Matt Utai nugget reference. Unless he is playing in a hobbit league.

Always good to have prospects floating around. And I know the current board did make an emphasis on that. So hopefully not only will we be getting back to business in the next few years in first grade. But we will have a production line of juniors for the next decade as well.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds the goods, a little excitement too look forward too!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jon Sila was a beast too... and that was a big disappointment. Ill wait until he plays NSW cup reguarlly before getting to excited. But the early signs are good

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sure as hell hope that we hold on to this guy!!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How tall is he?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He breaks tackles and is explosive runner like Utai but their body shapes are completely different. Alamoti is more leaner and taller when compared to Utai.