McGregor vs Cerrone

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It was embarrassing for him no doubt still is... didn’t tap out to the 4th round though bro, plenty don’t make it that far against Khabib last fight Porier got mauled round 1 and 2 tapped round 3. That’s how good Khabib is...
I didn't mean the tap out was early in the fight though, I meant how quick he was to tap once that arm went around his throat, he shit himself whereas fighters such as Bisping etc basically would prefer to go out like a warrior and get choked to sleep instead of tapping instantly. For Conor, who loves to spout how much of a real man he is, it was a complete humiliation from an outsider's point of view.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
With an exception for RDA and MJ the rest were meh! Iaquinta is a real estate agent lol
Poirier held the belt by beating Max Holloway when he was thought to be unbeatable. Hardly meh.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol yeah it was his game plan.
He meant to do it, he saw the opportunity and took it. Its about adapting and catching your opponent off guard. Even Cowboy said he wasn't expecting it.

From Connor himself.

”I’ve been banging people with the shoulder for a while now,” he explained to BT Sport after the fight. “I caught him off guard. I knew because he kind of froze. When I hit the first one I kind of felt like it was a good connection. Yeah, it’s a good shot of mine.”

He elaborated further during the UFC 246 post-fight press conference.

”They’ll have to say now — they already say, ‘Oh he’s just got a left hand,’” McGregor said. “They’ll have to say I’ve just got a left shoulder. A left hand and a left shoulder. The so-called experts of the game when they breaking down me skill set and saying I’m just a fighter with a left hand. Which is highly disrespectful and uneducated and you’d be surprised that so many of the supposedly knowledgeable people be claiming it as that.

“It’s a good shot in the clinch,” he continued. “You can really catch a man. I knew I caught him with the first one off guard and then I caught one or two more and when we separated the eye and the nose was busted. It’s a good shot. I’ve utilized that many a times in the gym.”

Not sure how much MMA you have watched before

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He meant to do it, he saw the opportunity and took it. Its about adapting and catching your opponent off guard. Even Cowboy said he wasn't expecting it.

From Connor himself.

”I’ve been banging people with the shoulder for a while now,” he explained to BT Sport after the fight. “I caught him off guard. I knew because he kind of froze. When I hit the first one I kind of felt like it was a good connection. Yeah, it’s a good shot of mine.”

He elaborated further during the UFC 246 post-fight press conference.

”They’ll have to say now — they already say, ‘Oh he’s just got a left hand,’” McGregor said. “They’ll have to say I’ve just got a left shoulder. A left hand and a left shoulder. The so-called experts of the game when they breaking down me skill set and saying I’m just a fighter with a left hand. Which is highly disrespectful and uneducated and you’d be surprised that so many of the supposedly knowledgeable people be claiming it as that.

“It’s a good shot in the clinch,” he continued. “You can really catch a man. I knew I caught him with the first one off guard and then I caught one or two more and when we separated the eye and the nose was busted. It’s a good shot. I’ve utilized that many a times in the gym.”

Not sure how much MMA you have watched before
Not a fan off MMA, I understand what your saying with the clinch and shoulder,
it’s a reaction but what is im saying his game plan wasn’t to shoulder him and his lucky he pulled it off.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You think?
You’re giving him to much credit for a lucky fight.
So what he did to Aldo and Alvarez was lucky also? Cerrone just isn't that good. There are levels to this shit.

Conner is a top 20 p4p fighter. Cowboy is way below him.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
So what he did to Aldo and Alvarez was lucky also? Cerrone just isn't that good. There are levels to this shit.

Conner is a top 20 p4p fighter. Cowboy is way below him.
That’s my point cerrone isn’t that good.
Conner is slowing down if he thought fergo yesterday he would not win.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That’s my point cerrone isn’t that good.
Conner is slowing down if he thought fergo yesterday he would not win.
I disagree. I would favour Conor in a fight against Tony. Conor is bigger, stronger and has better standup than Tony. Tony is a smaller Nate Diaz.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I disagree. I would favour Conor in a fight against Tony. Conor is bigger, stronger and has better standup than Tony. Tony is a smaller Nate Diaz.
Conor needs to loose a few before fighting fergo but will see what happens.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a fan off MMA, I understand what your saying with the clinch and shoulder,
it’s a reaction but what is im saying his game plan wasn’t to shoulder him and his lucky he pulled it off.
Pfft
Lucky my arse
He o played what was in front of him
He adapted and did what was required to win
That's not luck
Its winning a fight

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Conor needs to loose a few before fighting fergo but will see what happens.
What a strange comment
Can you explain it,
Why would Connor need to lose fights?