SMH Knights to pay a price for Levi's move to Manly

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Unwanted hooker Danny Levi will be paid $150,000 by the Knights to play for Manly this season with his manager given a verbal assurance by the Sea Eagles a contract will finally be ready to sign next week.

Levi, who continues to train with the Knights but was noticeably absent from Wednesday's official team photograph session, has agreed to a one year deal at Manly worth around $225,000 with Newcastle understood to be topping up the remainder of his $375,000 final-year contract.

Of that $150,000 payout, the former Kiwi Test hooker has already earned close to $80,000 in the two and a half months since pre-season training kicked off in November.

It is not clear why the contract saga continues to drag out but Levi's agent Mario Tartak has been told the deal should be finalised early next week.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/...-pay-a-price-for-levis-move-to-manly/?src=rss

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's a good move from Manly, Levi had a fair hand in Knights going on their run mid 2019; he will do well under a real coach

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s injury prone and seems like a real tosser. He’ll just need to bash his wife and he’ll fit right in at Manly

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They didn’t replace api?
Nope. They were going to use Fainu full-time but he went and allegedly stabbed someone so he can't play lol. They don't have an established hooker on their books now and it's why they're after Levi.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So long as he’s not wearing blue & white I’m happy

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And considering it’s manly news, I care even less lol.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly are desperate
he has showed enough to suggest that under a good coach, and in a good team, he could be an asset... it's not like Lichaa who only played about 2 good games over multiple seasons

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
he has showed enough to suggest that under a good coach, and in a good team, he could be an asset... it's not like Lichaa who only played about 2 good games over multiple seasons
I think Levi will have a really good season. Knights pack was shit and he will now be playing off the back of Taupau, AFB and J.Trobojevic