What are some memories of your wonder years?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Damn I miss our monorails. The bloody Fatty O'Barrell Government destroyed something that was unique in this great city of ours. How on Earth they think that a rail running above the road on an independent circuit, free from traffic jams, run by a private operator was a bad thing, I will never know. Sure, it only covered about 30% of the CBD, and there was plenty of room for growth, but THAT'S WHERE THEY COULD'VE IMPROVED IT. All the work was already there done for them, they just needed to extend it to Circular Quay and Barangaroo, and that's it... CBD entirely covered. But no no no, let's close down George Street and put a light rail on it that broke down after 60 minutes of operation :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I was there last week. The day went pretty quickly :grinning:

BTW there's this chick I used to work with who practically lived in that weird zone... she used to crack me up.

Linda... if you're reading this... I <3 you chick!

It's the best man... the only problem is though that I find myself in situations where it's either zone or nothing.. If I don't get into the zone I just end up procrastinating for hours.. but once in the zone, I can work for hours and hours on end and it feels like no time at all :yum:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn I miss our monorails. The bloody Fatty O'Barrell Government destroyed something that was unique in this great city of ours. How on Earth they think that a rail running above the road on an independent circuit, free from traffic jams, run by a private operator was a bad thing, I will never know. Sure, it only covered about 30% of the CBD, and there was plenty of room for growth, but THAT'S WHERE THEY COULD'VE IMPROVED IT. All the work was already there done for them, they just needed to extend it to Circular Quay and Barangaroo, and that's it... CBD entirely covered. But no no no, let's close down George Street and put a light rail on it that broke down after 60 minutes of operation :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

sucks man, the monorail was so iconic.. I mean how many cities have one? even if you weren't riding it, it was always nice to see/hear it cruising around, doing it's thing.. it never bothered anybody... not to mention it was a really big tourist attraction, generating most of its revenue from tourists

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's the best man... the only problem is though that I find myself in situations where it's either zone or nothing.. If I don't get into the zone I just end up procrastinating for hours.. but once in the zone, I can work for hours and hours on end and it feels like no time at all :yum:
Yeah mate, I know that feeling. That's why I like being very busy at work because the times flies. Before you know it, it's lunch time, then knock-off time. It's a pleasant surprise.

Wahesh

Reaction score
sucks man, the monorail was so iconic.. I mean how many cities have one? even if you weren't riding it, it was always nice to see/hear it cruising around, doing it's thing.. it never bothered anybody... not to mention it was a really big tourist attraction, generating most of its revenue from tourists
Exactly right brother. I first went on the Monorail when I was in year 1 at school, and at the time, it was still fairly new. I also remember going on it when I was dating my ex. She wanted to go to Sega World lol, so we went down there then caught the monorail back up to the CBD. Yep I also loved how it was iconic to our city.

I'm sure there are countries in Asia that have one, but the only other nation that really stands out in having them is Germany (and they are inverted to ours lol)...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly right brother. I first went on the Monorail when I was in year 1 at school, and at the time, it was still fairly new. I also remember going on it when I was dating my ex. She wanted to go to Sega World lol, so we went down there then caught the monorail back up to the CBD. Yep I also loved how it was iconic to our city.

I'm sure there are countries in Asia that have one, but the only other nation that really stands out in having them is Germany (and they are inverted to ours lol)...

I vaguely remember the rides on it as a kid, and then I did a loop a few years ago... I used to just enjoy seeing and hearing them go by when having a beer in the city.. there was just a warmth about them... I thought ours was designed in the Netherlands? tomato tomahto... I know England has had a at least one monorail.... my friend and I were actually talking about Sega World the other day.. that place didn't last long! I remember it being super expensive

Wahesh

Reaction score
I vaguely remember the rides on it as a kid, and then I did a loop a few years ago... I used to just enjoy seeing and hearing them go by when having a beer in the city.. there was just a warmth about them... I thought ours was designed in the Netherlands? tomato tomahto... I know England has had a at least one monorail.... my friend and I were actually talking about Sega World the other day.. that place didn't last long! I remember it being super expensive
It actually last a lot longer than most people think. Back in 2007 (when I went with my ex) it was simply like an Arcade where you can walk in and play the arcade machines on it. The arcade games were normal price, but the rides were expensive (there were no rides left in it when we went). It wasn't by any means packed in 2007, and a lot of the machines were old, but that nostalgic feel that the place had was awesome. That iconic blue cone too, the in door rides... there was no other building like it. I reckon that with the recent releases of the Sega Mega Drive Mini and Sega Heroes on Android and iOS (a game I'm addicted to BTW), that Sega World would've done better had it opened today. Gee's I reckon parents would've wanted their kids to get out of the house and off their phones and go to an indoor theme park - Sega World was just that.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It actually last a lot longer than most people think. Back in 2007 (when I went with my ex) it was simply like an Arcade where you can walk in and play the arcade machines on it. The arcade games were normal price, but the rides were expensive (there were no rides left in it when we went). It wasn't by any means packed in 2007, and a lot of the machines were old, but that nostalgic feel that the place had was awesome. That iconic blue cone too, the in door rides... there was no other building like it. I reckon that with the recent releases of the Sega Mega Drive Mini and Sega Heroes on Android and iOS (a game I'm addicted to BTW), that Sega World would've done better had it opened today. Gee's I reckon parents would've wanted their kids to get out of the house and off their phones and go to an indoor theme park - Sega World was just that.
I only went there once from memory.... I don't recall going on many rides, but mostly doing the other things that were on the concourse... apparently they wanted to open a whole bunch of them, which obviously never came to fruition... it probably would pick up for a little while, and then die back down again if it were around today... people are creatures of convenience today and it's the same as football attendances in a way... it's just more convenient for people to be at home.. I mean they would get consistent visitors no doubt, but wouldn't be enough of a turn over once overheads, wages etc are factored in.. I wish we had a Fun Spot over here myself, I'm all about the classics

Wahesh

Reaction score
Who remembers these guys...

Wahesh

Reaction score
Who remembers these things you'd put over your monitor to reduce the radiation :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paul Hogan show was the best! Had some hotties on there as well. Bought the Best Of DVD a few years ago, he's a funny bastard.
Yeah it still cracks me up. I bought the DVD a couple of years ago aswell.

A fistful of raviolli still cracks me up