Lachlan Lewis in swap deal with Addo Carr

Is swapping Lewis with Addo-Carr a good swap?

• Yes

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 51.4%
  • This is too much pressure. AHH!!

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Neither do you, you say we don’t need the position yet we are going for one in Thompson.

Arrow can want to move now, we can also want addo carr, can smith and Thurston to come out of retirement. Doesn’t mean sweet f all. If titans don’t get what they want he is signed for 2020 there. Mel has already said they offered a winger and said no.

I’ll say it again He signed for 2021. Not 2020. 2021. Sorry it doesn’t suit your theories.

For the record I hope we do pull something off and the fans finally have skme thing to be happy with the recruitment and staff for. It’s been dismal besides Dwz and as most admit that fell in our lap.

In October it was said the seasons just finished let’s see what happens in the coming months. Well 2020 season is what 8 weeks away? Who’s available now for 2021? Are we now waiting to see who gets released? Will we be the same as the bunnies are waiting for arrow to get released ? Offering up players to get early releases or head into 2022 with a dismal roster? If that’s the case why would players all of a sudden want to come to us if they don’t now over clubs like the bunnies etc as others have said ? There is a long chain of events right now that need to be broken.

Judging by the comments some seem to be positive around addo carr and thompson. I hope this pans out. It’s a huge step forward if they do pull that off. Though if we see addo carr go to tigers or somewhere like the roosters or Rabbitohs what then? Maybe 2023? Would our handful of decent players hang round for another 3 years of shit?

Anyhow with 2020 season almost here I guess will see more as it unfolds but the current situation is not promising at all.
Is this directed at me? You don’t have the guts to press quote? The mods aren’t stupid either and can see what you are doing. Arrow has always said he wants to move now. Let’s see what happens. I’m not sure who Mel is. The club has plans and I don’t know how you are going to handle having to be positive. Maybe start practicing because as someone said yesterday, everything you say is negative and doom and gloom. Cheer up!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Guts to quote? Man you got a warped view of life. Mods stupid? About what? My posts are fine and nothing wrong what so ever despite your attempted provokes.

Arrow has said no such thing at all. Please quote it: he has said nothing.

Mal. You surely could figure that out.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...t/news-story/7acad54c08a2e3e78d5b3136e56021f6

Just incase.

I’m sure the club has plans. Well one would hope so. That’s some huge prediction. Massive insider there.

As others have said some don’t just believe the rants of those that are clearly heavily biased. When you say we aren’t interested in arrow because of the position he plays not being needed yet clearly are chasing Thompson kind of ends your excuses and shows how inaccurate they are.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Guts to quote? Man you got a warped view of life. Mods stupid? About what? My posts are fine and nothing wrong what so ever despite your attempted provokes.

Arrow has said no such thing at all. Please quote it: he has said nothing.

Mal. You surely could figure that out.

I’m sure the club has plans. Well one would hope so. That’s some huge prediction. Massive insider there.

As others have said some don’t just believe the rants of those that are clearly heavily biased. When you say we aren’t interested in arrow because of the position he plays not being needed yet clearly are chasing Thompson kind of ends your excuses and shows how inaccurate they are.
You have stopped pressing quote when you reply to me so it doesn’t look like you’re responding to me. It’s pretty ridiculous. I’m not trying to provoke anyone. I like to help out with misinformation, especially the constant negative sooking stuff. So you want to sign two marquee front rowers? Cool

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Your muted that’s why.

Yes provoking, comments like guts to quote you are attempting exactly that.

You aren’t helping with misinformation at all.

Tuikako and jwh worked.

Bromwich and Nelson work.

Cool.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your muted that’s why.

Yes provoking, comments like guts to quote you are attempting exactly that.

You aren’t helping with misinformation at all.

Tuikako and jwh worked.

Bromwich and Nelson work.

Cool.
If I’m muted how do you see my posts? I’d never mute someone haha.
Of course they work but how can we buy two marquee front rowers in one go when we obviously need to fill other positions too? Especially when one could very well be for 2020.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Both contracted for 2020 so not without a release.

Your muted because it was recommended I do so.

Glad we agree they work, thankfully we have all that money unless they extend the flops there.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What's happening with Thompson?
I don't see a marquee 9 on the 2021 list or a marquee half?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don’t think there is any mate. That’s the issue.

If you go through what’s remaining actually available now for 2021 it’s very slim for quality. The truly elite talent that was is already committed elsewhere or chose to extend (high chance a large amount of them Weren’t going anywhere but to late now to try)

That’s what happens by 8 weeks from that season. This is what the top Clubs do, they don’t sit round waiting. It’s what some said in October and others said give them a few months...

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is what it is.. who really knows the plan the dogs have moving forward..only the powers that be know that
The side needs to start like we finished off 2019
DWZ is massive his starting of the sets is crucial

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh Dwz should help that side massively; though Foran out the year or however long is a huge blow.

The hard reality is we did this in 2018 and opened 2019 like 3-13 or something woeful.

Most rosters have improved dramatically from above and below.

Dwz is offset by Foran for me. Hope I’m wrong, I’ll watch every game and cheer the boys on as usual and as passionate as any.

Just facing facts.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully things change like they have with so many contracted players recently.
When the right player at the right money come up the club are taking steps as everyone will see soon. If people think the club aren’t doing everything possible and talking to almost every decent player they are dead wrong.

After what the club has gone through we’d be foolish to buy two marquee front rowers just to use up the money for the sake of it. The list of players moving to other clubs for 2020 and 2021 has been very small considering there are 16 clubs with almost all of them in a better position than us

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis HAS to find a running game or your out

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes and I’m sure those “right players, right money” are thrilled and fighting off each other to join a team who hasn’t made the 8 and been battling off the spoon for years.

Well that’s why we keep hearing Souths and roosters and storm etc can recruit what we can’t.

It’s a chain event. It needs to be broken.

Only one reason a player wants to break a contract to join us. $$$$$$$.

The list of truly elite talent is very small. The list of options has shrunk thanks to the past few months with the other clubs being more proactive or successful in their activity at least.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes and I’m sure those “right players, right money” are thrilled and fighting off each other to join a team who hasn’t made the 8 and been battling off the spoon for years.

Well that’s why we keep hearing Souths and roosters and storm etc can recruit what we can’t.

It’s a chain event. It needs to be broken.

Only one reason a player wants to break a contract to join us. $$$$$$$.

The list of truly elite talent is very small. The list of options has shrunk thanks to the past few months with the other clubs being more proactive or successful in their activity at least.
What was the list and what is it now?
Even getting close to breaking the cycle was always going to be hard and I’m happy with how it’s been managed and is in line with the timeline initially given by the club

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not denying they said it will take a couple years. That’s been and where are we? As many have said it’s also an obvious way to buy time. It’s not anything to applaud what they have done.

Paying other clubs to take our better players or letting go anyone who was good/wanted isn’t exactly a challenge. I dare say any idiot could manage this. (Not saying they are idiots at all, just saying it’s it a complicated or creative plan).

Like I’ve said previously I think this will have a big input of what is successful or a flop this coming season (both on and off field).

If they manage to add someone like addo carr and some genuine attacking threats then it’s something to applaud because they are not just outstanding talent and exactly what we need; that others clearly want.

If they extend Elliott, tolman, montoya, Holland and these blokes well that will say enough.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not denying they said it will take a couple years. That’s been and where are we?

Paying other clubs to take our better players or letting go anyone who was good/wanted isn’t exactly a challenge. I dare say any idiot could manage this. (Not saying they are idiots at all, just saying it’s it a complicated or creative plan).

Like I’ve said previously I think this will have a big input of what is successful or a flop this coming season (both on and off field).

If they manage to add someone like addo carr and some genuine attacking threats then it’s something to applaud because they are not just outstanding talent and exactly what we need; that others clearly want.

If they extend Elliott, tolman, montoya, Holland and these blokes well that will say enough.
It actually sounds like a nightmare trying to move players on and isn’t good for team harmony either. The salary cap is confusing enough without having to contend with back ended contracts and paying other clubs etc.
2021 was the goal and they are on track.

We’ll never agree or like each other and I’m cool with that but I hope you’re happy with the updates we should be getting soon because the doom and gloom here is downright depressing.
I’ve found myself logging onto the dragons forums just to cheer myself up a little haha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'll be happy as long as the club recruits some of the best young talent from other clubs with our cap space in lieu of signing big name players to huge deals..

I'd rather that than overpaying for the second and third tier more mediocre players in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

I think the club is also hoping more players are forced out or want out from their current clubs, which seems to be the growing trend these days.. Just because lots of players have signed elsewhere or are under contract, doesn't mean things can't change quickly.. Hopefully a club like ours with a tonne of cap space will be able to pounce when the time comes.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'll be happy as long as the club recruits some of the best young talent from other clubs with our cap space in lieu of signing big name players to huge deals..

I'd rather that than overpaying for the second and third tier more mediocre players in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

I think the club is also hoping more players are forced out or want out from their current clubs, which seems to be the growing trend these days.. Just because lots of players have signed elsewhere or are under contract, doesn't mean things can't change quickly.. Hopefully a club like ours with a tonne of cap space will be able to pounce when the time comes.
Exactly
What I see too

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Natboy perhaps the most reasonable post you have made directed towards me.

I’m not here for doom and gloom. I’m also just honest. Let’s say come round 13 we have opened the season like we did for 2019, wait and see the reaction and comments hurled towards people like yourself for all the way you have tried to push things.

I won’t be. I am a realist and as I’ve said it’s fantastic to thing we magically clicked end of year and will open that way: though as I said 2018 we did same and look what happened.

Love or hate Foran can’t deny his ability and influence that’s a giant blow.

Dwz is a huge help but he’s not going to do what Foran did.

Can wakeham force his way in and amaze us? Maybe. Maybe not.

I also see that majority of rosters both above and below have improved. We haven’t.

I appreciate the cap was a mess. Though like tons of others have said what we did wasn’t some master plan. We paid other clubs to take our good or better players.

It’s what comes now and what they do. As of now we have done nothing.

Updates are obviously coming every year. If they are guys like addo carr no one could complain because it would be our most dangerous threat since 2012 barba.

Not to mention our biggest issue as a team and fans is boring and lack of points.

Anyhow I think dragons forum will be good till Mary is sacked and Flanagan is coach then they will be a force.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh. We are a Sydney club.

If the rep comment is realistic (could well be) it only casts more concerns on how unappealing we are and our coach with you listing Wayne
I think if you want to nail down a rep spot, in the short term at least, Souths look a better avenue than we do, a proven rep coach who has won premierships and a much better roster is more attractive than us at this stage. Also, in those negotiations who knows if Souths through Crowe etc. didn’t dangle some opportunities the way of his girlfriend through contacts - that is speculation of course, but who knows.