McGregor vs Cerrone

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to the main event, the overall card looks pretty weak though. I'll head down the pub late and catch the back half

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to seeing McGregor back in the octagon fighting a veteran.
Me too! Connor should go alright, he is looking super fit and bigger more cut than he used to be so he’s obviously pulled his head in after all the shite!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Me too! Connor should go alright, he is looking super fit and bigger more cut than he used to be so he’s obviously pulled his head in after all the shite!
Mentally and physically he’s changed you can see it through this interview with Ariel. A lot more self aware and corrected the mistakes. Hopefully we see a good performance from him

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to the main event, the overall card looks pretty weak though. I'll head down the pub late and catch the back half
Yeh I agree about the undercards, meh.
And he’s still taking home about $80m for this fight.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is going to be a stepping stone for Conner,
The other fight between Ferguson/Russian will draw a lot of interest
Perhaps leading to a super contest later in the year

A

Alexander the Great

w
Mentally and physically he’s changed you can see it through this interview with Ariel. A lot more self aware and corrected the mistakes. Hopefully we see a good performance from him

watched this last night. What the hell was the Manny part about? it got very awkward real quick and Ariel picked up on it.

A

Alexander the Great

Pettis at $3.30. Bit odd pricing considering he is a great fighter.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
w

watched this last night. What the hell was the Manny part about? it got very awkward real quick and Ariel picked up on it.
Yeh, I noticed the awkwardness as well. I think someone caught Conor in the background and told to him cut it. I don't think it was meant to be mentioned with that detail. But what a show that would be.

Manny, would absolutely cream him.

A

Alexander the Great

Yeh, I noticed the awkwardness as well. I think someone caught Conor in the background and told to him cut it. I don't think it was meant to be mentioned with that detail. But what a show that would be.

Manny, would absolutely cream him.
He is not a boxer.

Mayweather could have finished him in the 2nd round but need to stretch the show up for the fans. It was good watch the hype train behind it though.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
McGregor should beat Cowboy easily.
Would really love to see Cowboy give him a solid beating though, McGregor's last fight was the old pensioner in the pub.
Loved Justin Gaethje's postfight interview a few months ago when he said said he wants to fight McGregor "because Connor beat up an old man so I wanna fuck him up for that". Hope Gaethje gets to beat up on McGregor in the near future.

A

Alexander the Great

McGregor should beat Cowboy easily.
Would really love to see Cowboy give him a solid beating though, McGregor's last fight was the old pensioner in the pub.
Loved Justin Gaethje's postfight interview a few months ago when he said said he wants to fight McGregor "because Connor beat up an old man so I wanna fuck him up for that". Hope Gaethje gets to beat up on McGregor in the near future.
Cowboy is not a push over..who knows how it plays out. My money is on McGregor for a knock out.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Conor is going to destroy Cowboy. Cowboy wont even survive past the 2nd round.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Cowboy is not a push over..who knows how it plays out. My money is on McGregor for a knock out.
Definitely no pushover, he has been a great fighter. He is starting to wane though so it is no surprise he was chosen as the "name fighter" for Connor's return. The UFC don't want McGregor to get beat in his return fight, probably why they didn't set up Gaethje/McGregor for his return bout.

A

Alexander the Great

If it goes the length McGregor will gas out like every fight he has been in giving the chance to submit him.
Conor is going to destroy Cowboy. Cowboy wont even survive past the 2nd round.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m curious where you got that figure from? MMA fights don’t make anywhere near that much

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I’m curious where you got that figure from? MMA fights don’t make anywhere near that much
Shits me that combat sports are rated by their PPV or purse numbers now.
Thrilla In Manila or Rumble In The Jungle have given way to Loot In The Boot or some such moniker. Dickhead fighters that hang their hat on earnings ala Floyd and Conor are an embarrassment. Joe Frazier gets my nod as the ultimate sports combat legend. Fuck these money obsessed clowns, hope Cowboy wipes his arse with McGregor today.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch the YouTube link I posted above.
So he states it in the video? I’m not watching a 47 min video in reply to my question

*EDIT* Saw the tweet from ESPN MMA where McGregor says he is going to make $80 mill. The UFC doesn't release all of the PPV bonuses it pays fighters so no way to fact check it.

Last edited: