Do we have a major sponsor yet

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That 9s jersey is the kind of design I would expect from an intern.... Surely the club can afford more than intern graphics

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we get NRMA, doubt they will come back though with the whole YOUI clash
True. When Youi say ‘we got you’ they’re not kidding - by the short and curlies! On the flip side NRMA sponsor the Wanderers who play at Bankwest so maybe there’s an angle for better bang for buck for at ground advertising if they take on the Dogs too. I know, a stretch, but at this point...

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or how about the club just actually do there job and get a replacement for one of the richest sponsorship deals in the NRL?
Yeah we don’t exactly play the most exciting football not appealing either I don’t think to be our major sponsor would come cheap either

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Actually, maybe NRMA isn't a joke - a direct swap with the Ponies since they got KIA?
NRMA are scaling back on sports sponsorships, they ended their association with WSW and with the Broncos 2 seasons ago.

They'll sponsor an event but they wont be sponsoring a sports team for a while

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
NRMA are scaling back on sports sponsorships, they ended their association with WSW and with the Broncos 2 seasons ago.

They'll sponsor an event but they wont be sponsoring a sports team for a while
Thanks. I knew they pulled out of the Ponies but didn’t know they’d done the same with the Wanderers as I don’t follow the round ball game. I’m sure they have their reasons. The search goes on.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a bit of a balancing act on getting a major sponsor and sometimes you’re better holding out until you find the perfect fit. I’m sure we could get Bobs Kebabs to sponsor us in a instant if we undersold it but we aren’t that desperate in need of cash with the Leagues Club around. Hopefully they get one sorted soon but that temporary sponsor at the Nines has me thinking that they are miles off getting one.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a bit of a balancing act on getting a major sponsor and sometimes you’re better holding out until you find the perfect fit. I’m sure we could get Bobs Kebabs to sponsor us in a instant if we undersold it but we aren’t that desperate in need of cash with the Leagues Club around. Hopefully they get one sorted soon but that temporary sponsor at the Nines has me thinking that they are miles off getting one.
I agree with the first bit, but for the second bit - I'd say it's being treated separately.
Hilly's comment yesterday mentioned 'Growing our WA footprint' - so it's obviously targeted around the 9's, the Perth home game this year and future growth of the brand in that market following on from our last game there in 2018 (which I was at).
No way a big WA company from an AFL state was coming onboard in a major sponsorship this early in the game.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with the first bit, but for the second bit - I'd say it's being treated separately.
Hilly's comment yesterday mentioned 'Growing our WA footprint' - so it's obviously targeted around the 9's, the Perth home game this year and future growth of the brand in that market following on from our last game there in 2018 (which I was at).
No way a big WA company from an AFL state was coming onboard in a major sponsorship this early in the game.
It’s only getting treated separately because there’s nothing in the pipeline. They can put all the spin they want about growing the footprint in WA but if they had any type of meaningful discussions going on they would have just focussed on that.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It's harder now for teams to gain a naming rights or a major sponsor.

FFA have lost Caltex and Aldi and are struggling to get a sponsor on board without Lowy's influence.

People don't realise how big it is losing an international company like KIA as a major sponsor.

Companies need a reason why they should spend $1m+ to sponsor an NRL team, its not easy to think that a sponsor can walk in because we are the Bulldogs, it doesn't work like that anymore.

Banned
Reaction score
Pfft Wa culture, if that's the case, EMU Draft should be on our jersey!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about ANZ stadium trust sponsor the dogs for the next couple of years, since their upgrade will end up affecting the team adversely with no home ground.

Yup, never happen but it would be a good show of faith.