Reaction score
DAILY TELEGRAPH ARTICLE

Moustafa Ardati

THE EXPRESS

Cerebral palsy pushes Greenacre’s Ardati’s 2-tonne ute challenge

Lawrence Machado, Canterbury-Bankstown Express

January 3, 2020 12:00am

ENUmjUrU4AEyiIG.jpg

Cerebral palsy is a motivation, not a barrier to Moustafa ‘Moustie’ Ardati who wants pull a two-tonne ute to show us the sky is the limit.

The 33-year-old Greenacre man will pull the ute just to show that people like him can do these superhuman feats too.

He said he has overcome prejudice and bullying to become a motivational speaker and start his own website, Stay True Be You.

2f48552625262fe1e6c2f9893029f976.jpeg

Moustafa Ardati shows how he will pull the two-tonne ute. Picture: Carmela Roche

“No one in a wheelchair has done this before (pulling an ute), I know its crazy but I want to motivate others,” Mr Ardati told The Express.

“Everyone can do what they put their heart into.

“It was very challenging and I was told I cannot do anything, but it’s all in the mind.

MASSIVE CHALLENGE

Mr Ardati, who has even begun to walk a little, plans to complete the massive challenge in the second half of the year.

One of five siblings, Mr Ardati was born with CP and has thrived despite many limitations.

He is able to speak clearly and is even an motivational speaker who wants to offer scholarships to locals.

Three years ago, Ardati’s weight had ballooned to 70kg but he brought it down to 50kg after following a rigorous fitness regimen.

e9b7cd7a5e0e8ff90beab4a24a445868.jpeg

Moustafa Ardati training at Canterbury Leagues Club carpark. Picture: Carmela Roche

He said the idea of pulling the ute came to him while he was training.

“It’s always has been something I wanted to do but it was well out of my reach as I couldn’t move or use my limbs for most of my life,” Mr Ardati said.

“My trainers George Boutros from C-Life and Simon Duff from Duff Tuff Fitness have always been supportive.

“I typically train six times a week, three sessions with each person.”

Mr Ardati said he has achieved a lot over the past six years and is grateful for his life.

“The biggest mistake one can make is not realising life is one difficult exam with a different question paper for everyone,” he said.

Moustie, as he also known, eats healthy but loves his pizzas and Lebanese food.

He said it is tough trying to get job opportunities but is not giving up on eventually working.

HOW HE PLANS TO PULL THE UTE

Since he cannot physically grip, Mr Ardati will use wrist straps/hooks connected to a TRX and two carabiners.

The TRX is connected to the 2-tonne ute and he will pull it by performing a back extension/row.

■ Follow Moustafa Ardati’s journey: www.staytruebeyou.com.au

Attachments

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DAILY TELEGRAPH ARTICLE

Moustafa Ardati

THE EXPRESS

Cerebral palsy pushes Greenacre’s Ardati’s 2-tonne ute challenge

Lawrence Machado, Canterbury-Bankstown Express

January 3, 2020 12:00am

View attachment 12522
Cerebral palsy is a motivation, not a barrier to Moustafa ‘Moustie’ Ardati who wants pull a two-tonne ute to show us the sky is the limit.

The 33-year-old Greenacre man will pull the ute just to show that people like him can do these superhuman feats too.

He said he has overcome prejudice and bullying to become a motivational speaker and start his own website, Stay True Be You.

View attachment 12523

Moustafa Ardati shows how he will pull the two-tonne ute. Picture: Carmela Roche

“No one in a wheelchair has done this before (pulling an ute), I know its crazy but I want to motivate others,” Mr Ardati told The Express.

“Everyone can do what they put their heart into.

“It was very challenging and I was told I cannot do anything, but it’s all in the mind.

MASSIVE CHALLENGE

Mr Ardati, who has even begun to walk a little, plans to complete the massive challenge in the second half of the year.

One of five siblings, Mr Ardati was born with CP and has thrived despite many limitations.

He is able to speak clearly and is even an motivational speaker who wants to offer scholarships to locals.

Three years ago, Ardati’s weight had ballooned to 70kg but he brought it down to 50kg after following a rigorous fitness regimen.

View attachment 12524
Moustafa Ardati training at Canterbury Leagues Club carpark. Picture: Carmela Roche

He said the idea of pulling the ute came to him while he was training.

“It’s always has been something I wanted to do but it was well out of my reach as I couldn’t move or use my limbs for most of my life,” Mr Ardati said.

“My trainers George Boutros from C-Life and Simon Duff from Duff Tuff Fitness have always been supportive.

“I typically train six times a week, three sessions with each person.”

Mr Ardati said he has achieved a lot over the past six years and is grateful for his life.

“The biggest mistake one can make is not realising life is one difficult exam with a different question paper for everyone,” he said.

Moustie, as he also known, eats healthy but loves his pizzas and Lebanese food.

He said it is tough trying to get job opportunities but is not giving up on eventually working.

HOW HE PLANS TO PULL THE UTE

Since he cannot physically grip, Mr Ardati will use wrist straps/hooks connected to a TRX and two carabiners.

The TRX is connected to the 2-tonne ute and he will pull it by performing a back extension/row.

■ Follow Moustafa Ardati’s journey: www.staytruebeyou.com.au
See him often at the gym. Puts in a lot of hard work. Well done and good luck.