Vegan

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I watched the game changers on netflix and went vegan since nov 1 and feel great and lost 5.5kgs another 7 to go ,never thought id do this as i love chicken/eggs and meat .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the game changers on netflix and went vegan since nov 1 and feel great and lost 5.5kgs another 7 to go ,never thought id do this as i love chicken/eggs and meat .
I have heard that the doco is good. Amazing to see that Arnie went full vegan.

Nothing wrong with going vegan as long as you know what you're doing. It is difficult to follow though. You have to be careful that your vitamin B12 levels don't drop too much.

Don't think I could go full vegan though. I'd miss meat too much.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you gone full vegan and ceased wearing wool and other stuffs that involve animal cruelty? Not having a go or anything, just genuinely interested...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the doco is good. Amazing to see that Arnie went full vegan.

Nothing wrong with going vegan as long as you know what you're doing. It is difficult to follow though. You have to be careful that your vitamin B12 levels don't drop too much.

Don't think I could go full vegan though. I'd miss meat too much.
Yes i take b12 supplements but for me its about being healthier as i get older not so much the animal side although i love animals.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you gone full vegan and ceased wearing wool and other stuffs that involve animal cruelty? Not having a go or anything, just genuinely interested...
Not to that extent im doing it purely for health not so much the animal part.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ok to eat vegan say 80% of the time and occasionally have some meat etc.

I think all those issues on game changer is because people completely overload themselves on meat .. but in moderation would probably be ok.

Same with alcohol, occasionally won't do you any harm but all the time would kill you.

Thoughts? 5-6 days a week vegan and 1-2 days meat/eggs/dairy

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ok to eat vegan say 80% of the time and occasionally have some meat etc.

I think all those issues on game changer is because people completely overload themselves on meat .. but in moderation would probably be ok.

Same with alcohol, occasionally won't do you any harm but all the time would kill you.

Yup, just have smaller portions of meat etc, plus exercise

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love meat just as much as the next whore does :tearsofjoy:

I've gone opposite with my diet just eatting lots of proteins and carbohydrates. But I'm trying to add more body mass not lose it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree but at the same time meat is just bad for you, the thing is that it’s common sense that anything from the ground is better for you and in a short time i feel healthier and have more energy but “The game changers” is a real eye opener

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love meat just as much as the next whore does :tearsofjoy:

I've gone opposite with my diet just eatting lots of proteins and carbohydrates. But I'm trying to add more body mass not lose it.
If you watch “the game changers” going vegan doesn’t mean you lose it,there is a powerlifter on there

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Each to their own.. but like us non vegans, I just wish they wouldn’t preach their beliefs all over the place..!! If they let it be.. then power too them. They just piss me off lol. We don’t need to know or care.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you watch “the game changers” going vegan doesn’t mean you lose it,there is a powerlifter on there
I once knew a vegan body builder (friend of my BIL). I'd imagine he has to be very specific with his diet re the protein side if things.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Each to their own.. but like us non vegans, I just wish they wouldn’t preach their beliefs all over the place..!! If they let it be.. then power too them. They just piss me off lol. We don’t need to know or care.
The number of people complaining about vegans preaching on the internet far outnumbers actual vegans preaching TBH.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There has been a ridiculous amount of studies carried out on diets and they have found that the most effective diet comes down to a few lines:

Eat food, mainly plants, not too much

Meat has decent vitamins and minerals including higher concentrates of iron and Vitamin B12, but it's also higher in calories. So cutting back on meat will always be a good thing. Plant based diet helps for this but if you don't want to put in effort in taking the right supplements and everything, just add a bit of meat and eggs into your diet. Not much, just a bit. 50g-100g of red meat per week is plenty. You can go a bit higher on the other meats. 1-2 eggs per day is good too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There has been a ridiculous amount of studies carried out on diets and they have found that the most effective diet comes down to a few lines:

Eat food, mainly plants, not too much

Meat has decent vitamins and minerals including higher concentrates of iron and Vitamin B12, but it's also higher in calories. So cutting back on meat will always be a good thing. Plant based diet helps for this but if you don't want to put in effort in taking the right supplements and everything, just add a bit of meat and eggs into your diet. Not much, just a bit. 50g-100g of red meat per week is plenty. You can go a bit higher on the other meats. 1-2 eggs per day is good too.
I eat a salad like like once every 3 weeks..