Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How any movies do you watch a week?

Have you considered a hobby, or a girlfriend? :p
My zub is far too small to satisfy any girl.

As for hobby's... obviously you don't check the "Things you collect" thread frequently.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I saw all the reviews, I was like wait what’s going on. So I went to vox hahaha and sure enough not enough asian women, racist and sexist people will like this Star Wars more. So it’s essentially stilll woke coz of women Mary Sue character but it isn’t a antifa like last Jedi abomination, so vox no like. Also if you don’t believe vox accuses people who like this new one as racists and sexists have a look at their article. So you’re a racist and sexist.
Yeah, I read the article. They literally say that sexists and racists will like this movie.

Vox are complete trash.

Wahesh

Reaction score
With the amount of milking they're doing on the franchise, I'm amazed it's not owned by Disney... or is it?
I had no idea that such a film was even on the cards. Hobbs and Shaw was ok, but probably bombed-out overall. I never would've thought this was an option. I will say though that there have been quite a lot of females in the franchise over the years.
  • Mia
  • Letty
  • Monica Fuentes
  • Suki
  • Neala (Aussie actress)
  • Gisele
  • Elena
  • Riley
  • Clara
  • Cypher

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That scene was. There was also a scene where 2 people died and they didn't show their family & friends reactions when they found out. One was for the guard who was in the room with Austin and Vanessa when they were being lowered into the water, and the other was the guard who was run over by the steam roller.

Never seen the family reactions. It does detract from the comedy of the movie to be honest.

So, in the Gentlemen, Guy Richie is returning to his gangsta/geezer roots from movies like Lock Stock, Snatch and Rock n Rolla. But will it be good? i saw some comments from advance screenings all positive, but you tend to get those sorts of comments from those (that's why they have them). i think Hugh Grant, a really good actor, is finally old and craggy looking enough to start doing good roles, rather than the pouffy haired malarkey of Four Weddings etc.

Going to be in Bangkok early January and will see a couple of films to get out of the heat. Think i'll check it out.
Strip clubs in Bangkok also have air conditioning. Not trying to talk you out of seeing movies. Just saying that other options are available for keeping cool.

I had no idea that such a film was even on the cards. Hobbs and Shaw was ok, but probably bombed-out overall. I never would've thought this was an option. I will say though that there have been quite a lot of females in the franchise over the years.
  • Mia
  • Letty
  • Monica Fuentes
  • Suki
  • Neala (Aussie actress)
  • Gisele
  • Elena
  • Riley
  • Clara
  • Cypher
I lost interest in the franchise pretty early on. The scenarios just kept getting wilder each time. I don't think I've even seen all the movies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol gay gay gay. What’s that man looking actresses name that needs to stop trying to be man? She had a mad sulk that there’s not enough female empowerment/representation in the fast and furious movies lol. This is probably why this is happening. Will flop hard just like all these woke all female lead movies most notably Charlie’s angels oceans 9 or whatever number and ghost busters 2016

Wahesh

Reaction score
Never seen the family reactions. It does detract from the comedy of the movie to be honest.

Strip clubs in Bangkok also have air conditioning. Not trying to talk you out of seeing movies. Just saying that other options are available for keeping cool.

I lost interest in the franchise pretty early on. The scenarios just kept getting wilder each time. I don't think I've even seen all the movies.
I've seen all of them in the cinemas, and own all the DVDs. It's just for mindless entertainment these days, but that's what I love.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've seen all of them in the cinemas, and own all the DVDs. It's just for mindless entertainment these days, but that's what I love.
Fair enough. I used to be able to enjoy simple action movies more. I can still watch them but I just think that some producers try to scrape too many dollars out of a franchise that started well. It gets to the point where you can almost predict what every character will say in any situation.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough. I used to be able to enjoy simple action movies more. I can still watch them but I just think that some producers try to scrape too many dollars out of a franchise that started well. It gets to the point where you can almost predict what every character will say in any situation.
Like this one?
F82ED255-6EE7-447E-A229-3EDCF8795F50.jpeg

Wahesh

Reaction score
Something about family :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
6 Underground

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8106534/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Meet a new kind of action hero. Six untraceable agents, totally off the grid. They've buried their pasts so they can change the future.

A new Netflix movie. Not bad. Action comedy, but the storyline of taking down a dictator becomes a little too stale after a while.

6/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hush

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5022702/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A deaf and mute writer who retreated into the woods to live a solitary life must fight for her life in silence when a masked killer appears at her window.

A low budget movie given there are only 5 characters seen throughout, and you can tell the effort is there, however the execution is what let's this movie down. You can tell when something is going to happen when things fall eerily quiet. In order for scary movies to actually be scary, they have to be unpredictable.

6/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Sucker Punch

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978764/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_20

A young girl institutionalized by her abusive stepfather retreats to an alternative reality as a coping strategy and envisions a plan to help her escape.

Ok so I'll break this down for you. The young girl known as Babydoll is committed to an asylum. She escapes to an alternate reality all in her head to come up with an escape plan. She teams up with 4 other girls to plot the escape needing to collect 4 different elements from around the asylum in order to escape. Her alternative reality is that of her and the girls being dancers in a brothel. Everytime Babydoll dances, the alternative reality kicks in, and she and the other girls find themselves on death-missions to retrieve the items they need to escape. It's at this stage that fantasy sinks in, but this is also arguably the best part of the film as the action is awesome. Throw in great action with a super-sexy (Aussie) female lead, and you've got a winner.

I'm not going to give too much away and ruin the rest of the movie for people, but I freaking LOVE this movie. My only regret is not seeing it at the flicks when it first came out. I only came across it while browsing Netflix and it was recently added.

SPOILER WARNING*

What surprised me about this film is that, even though it's an American film, the 5 leading characters consisted of 3 Americans, and 2 Aussies. Every American movie I've seen that has mixed and American leads in it has resulted in the American leads surviving, whilst all other leads are killed off. This brilliant movie was the other way around though. All 3 American leads were killed off, and the 2 Aussies were the ones that survived. It is a brilliant movie, so I have no idea how it flopped at the box office. I freaking loved it... and I'm not even into fantasy movies. This one nailed it as far as I'm concerned.

IMDb gave this movie 6/10, however that is probably reflective due to it being 'flopped' at the box office. I would also like to point out that I'm not sure how they can define this movie was one that flopped due to the $82,000,000 budget that came back with a return of $89,792,502.00 world-wide. As far as I'm concerned this movie did very well.

I did find a plot-hole however which is to be expected in fantasy movies, but that can be overlooked. My final score...

10/10.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sucker Punch

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978764/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_20

A young girl institutionalized by her abusive stepfather retreats to an alternative reality as a coping strategy and envisions a plan to help her escape.

Ok so I'll break this down for you. The young girl known Babydoll is committed to an asylum. She escapes to an alternate reality all in her head to come up with an escape plan. She teams up with 4 other girls to plot the escape needing to collect 4 different elements from around the asylum in order to escape. Her alternative reality is that of her and the girls being dancers in a brothel. Everytime Babydoll dances, the alternative reality kicks in, and she and the other girls find themselves on death-missions to retrieve the items they need to escape. It's at this stage that fantasy sinks in, but this is also arguably the best part of the film as the action is awesome. Throw in great action with a super-sexy (Aussie) female lead, and you've got a winner.

I'm not going to give too much away and ruin the rest of the movie for people, but I freaking LOVE this movie. My only regret is not seeing it at the flicks when it first came out. I only came across it while browsing Netflix and it was recently added.

SPOILER WARNING*

What surprised me about this film is that, even though it's an American film, the 5 leading characters consisted of 3 Americans, and 2 Aussies. Every American movie I've seen that has mixed and American leads in it has resulted in the American leads surviving, whilst all other leads are killed off. This brilliant movie was the other way around though. All 3 American leads were killed off, and the 2 Aussies were the ones that survived. It is a brilliant movie, so I have no idea how it flopped at the box office. I freaking loved it... and I'm not even into fantasy movies. This one nailed it as far as I'm concerned.

IMDb gave this movie 6/10, however that is probably reflective of due to it being 'flopped' at the box office. I would also like to point out that I'm not sure how they can define this movie was one that flopped due to the $82,000,000 budget came back with a return of $89,792,502.00 world-wide. As far as I'm concerned this movie did very well.

I did find a plot-hole however which is to be expected in fantasy movies, but that can be overlooked. My final score...

10/10.
One of my favourite movies. Emily Browning (the lead actress) chose the music for the movie too.

She was pretty bloody good looking back then. Unfortunately she lost it and now looks pretty terrible (watch American Gods)

This is the movie that made me fall in love with Jamie Chung.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my favourite movies. Emily Browning (the lead actress) chose the music for the movie too.

She was pretty bloody good looking back then. Unfortunately she lost it and now looks pretty terrible (watch American Gods)

I was watching Sucker Punch the other night at the pub with a few mates. It was on the tv closest to us. Emily Browning was smoking hot in it with those outfits, that's what kept catching our eyes lol. Well the girls in general did.

Wahesh

Reaction score

She pulled off the blonde look very well. It kind of reminded me of Harley Quinn, only a lot more mellow.

As for Jamie Chung... I have no idea how that mayor didn’t blow his load when she sat on his lap. Those thighs... FMFD.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I was watching Sucker Punch the other night at the pub with a few mates. It was on the tv closest to us. Emily Browning was smoking hot in it with those outfits, that's what kept catching our eyes lol. Well the girls in general did.
It was one of those movies were you couldn’t look away... too bloody good.