The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mikel Arteta is Arsenal's new manager. Thoughts @ASSASSIN

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Your EPL team of the decade based on every player's best season only?

GK- David de Gea

RB- Trent Alexander-Arnold
LB- Andrew Robertson
CB- Virgil van Dijk
CB- Vincent Kompany

DM- N'Golo Kante
CM- Yaya Toure
CM- Kevin De Bruyne

RW- Mohamed Salah
ST- Luis Suarez
LW- Gareth Bale

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rubbish habibeh. Arsenhole needs new owners and a real coach.
No big coach will go to Arsenal in their current state though.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everton have a better roster than Arsenal and their owners are willing to spend.
I don't profess to be an expert on either team, nor do I really give a shit about them. But ...

Would have to say that the board is the biggest difference between the two. Owners willing to spend is correct, but I think there's a lot more to it than that. As an Arsenal supporter I'd be ropeable with how the club is being managed behind the scenes. Moved to the Emirites to cement their place at the top but have completely fallen away. Just terrible forward thinking by the club alround, though they did spend a bit this past summer. I'd argue that the bought the wrong players though. The amount that they splashed out on Pepe is an example when they've been crying out for top central defenders for some time. You could argue that Everton, despite having owners willing to spend don't have owners with the sense to buy the right players for the club.

Your comment about Everton having a better roster is laughable mate. Sorry. Just don't know how you can possibly say that. Without doubt Arsenal are playing like crap, but they are above Everton remember. Just don't know how you can make such a statement if I'm honest ...

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't profess to be an expert on either team, nor do I really give a shit about them. But ...

Would have to say that the board is the biggest difference between the two. Owners willing to spend is correct, but I think there's a lot more to it than that. As an Arsenal supporter I'd be ropeable with how the club is being managed behind the scenes. Moved to the Emirites to cement their place at the top but have completely fallen away. Just terrible forward thinking by the club alround, though they did spend a bit this past summer. I'd argue that the bought the wrong players though. The amount that they splashed out on Pepe is an example when they've been crying out for top central defenders for some time. You could argue that Everton, despite having owners willing to spend don't have owners with the sense to buy the right players for the club.

Your comment about Everton having a better roster is laughable mate. Sorry. Just don't know how you can possibly say that. Without doubt Arsenal are playing like crap, but they are above Everton remember. Just don't know how you can make such a statement if I'm honest ...
League position has nothing to do with better roster. Sheffiled United are ahead of Tottenham... If you made a combined team of Arsenal and Everton players you'd have a max 3 Arsenal players in it. If you don't watch all their games then don't come at me for saying Everton have a better roster.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
League position has nothing to do with better roster. Sheffiled United are ahead of Tottenham... If you made a combined team of Arsenal and Everton players you'd have a max 3 Arsenal players in it. If you don't watch all their games then don't come at me for saying Everton have a better roster.
You continually talk big my friend but unfortunately so much of the talking is from your arse.

Each to their own I guess. Continue with your dribble I'm sure some of the less knowledgable supporters on here will agree with you I guess ...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You continually talk big my friend but unfortunately so much of the talking is from your arse.

Each to their own I guess. Continue with your dribble I'm sure some of the less knowledgable supporters on here will agree with you I guess ...
You're an absolute moron who makes comments when he doesn't even watch the matches. I'm not going to waste my time with you because arguing with a moron like yourself is a no win situation for anyone.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're an absolute moron who makes comments when he doesn't even watch the matches. I'm not going to waste my time with you because arguing with a moron like yourself is a no win situation for anyone.
What matches should I be watching sweetheart?

I love how you come onto a debate page and throw out insults when people don't agree with you. Very grown up my friend.

If you really want to debate then let's compare the teams then to say which team has a better roster. I mean ... that's what you want to do, isn't it? Or are you simply speaking so that everyone hangs on your every word?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I forgot ... you're the guy who said Hendo would be the first dropped from Liverpool .... ahaha

Well, clearly you're not here to talk about football but I'll give it a crack. Feel free to correct me if you will. You said a combined Everton / Arsenal team would contain a maximum of 3 Arsenal players ...

GK: Leno is a way better keeper than Pickford.
LB: Digne over Tierney (the best LB for Arsenal)
CB: All rubbish imo. I guess Mina and Keane at a push. Would've put Luis before this year but he's been shit shit shit.
RB: Coleman was a great LB but right back? Has been on bench for a lot of the year, no? I'd say Bellerin but could be either I guess.

Midfields are set up different ways but ...

DM: Torreira. Like him actually ... when he's played in his correct position which he hasn't been. Better than Xhaka (who's played OK last few games)
LW: Auba. He's been shit in all honesty but still would have him over Everton players like Iwobi who's been utter garbage imo.
RW: Pepe. Hasn't played much but easily better than any Everton player in that position.
AM: Ozil. Also hasn't played much but again better than any Everton player. Siggurson has been gash.
ST: Lacazette. Injured but easily better than Richarlson & Calvert-Lewis imo. Tho Richarlson is handy.

So, by my judgement there's a minimum of 6 Arsenal players in there. You'll argue that they haven't been playing that well, and they haven't. But They're still better than the Everton dross. Saying a maximum of 3 players would be Arsenal is an absolute laugh mate.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I forgot ... you're the guy who said Hendo would be the first dropped from Liverpool .... ahaha

Well, clearly you're not here to talk about football but I'll give it a crack. Feel free to correct me if you will. You said a combined Everton / Arsenal team would contain a maximum of 3 Arsenal players ...

CB: All rubbish imo. I guess Mina and Keane at a push. Would've put Luis before this year but he's been shit shit shit.
RB: Coleman was a great LB but right back? Has been on bench for a lot of the year, no? I'd say Bellerin but could be either I guess.

DM: Torreira. Like him actually ... when he's played in his correct position which he hasn't been. Better than Xhaka (who's played OK last few games)
LW: Auba. He's been shit in all honesty but still would have him over Everton players like Iwobi who's been utter garbage imo.
RW: Pepe. Hasn't played much but easily better than any Everton player in that position.
AM: Ozil. Also hasn't played much but again better than any Everton player. Siggurson has been gash.
ST: Lacazette. Injured but easily better than Richarlson & Calvert-Lewis imo. Tho Richarlson is handy.

So, by my judgement there's a minimum of 6 Arsenal players in there. You'll argue that they haven't been playing that well, and they haven't. But They're still better than the Everton dross. Saying a maximum of 3 players would be Arsenal is an absolute laugh mate.
Forgot a midfielder!

Gomes before he got injured easily. Now? I think Bernard is a handy player. Guess it depends on how you want to play it but I'd say with that attacking lineup I'd pick Xhaka possibly Davies. No real good choices though.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Forgot about this .... Was hoping to discuss that list in all honesty but I guess I'm right? Luiz is playing better at CB for Arsenal so maybe he could go in there too I guess. Calvert-Lewis has hit form but again if you're going to pick a player you'd have to pick Laca or Auba or whoever over him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like I've killed this thread ... shame really as it was definitely going places :grinning:

However, one last things as I need to correct a few things to my above point about Everton as after watching the Liverpool vs Everton game today there's a few things ...

Digne is shit. I'd have Tierney over him.
Centre backs for Everton. Shit. I'd take the Arsenal players over them.
Gomes, Davies, Bernard. Shit. I'd take Arsenal players over them.

In fact, I'd take the Liverpool u21s team over this Everton team ..... ohhhh yeeeahhhhh BABY!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
FIFA TOTY:

GK- Alisson

DR- Trent Alexander-Arnold
DL- Andrew Robertson
DC- Virgil van Dijk
DC- Matthijs de Ligt

DM- N'Golo Kante
CM- Frenkie De Jong
CAM- Kevin De Bruyne

RW- Lionel Messi
LW- Sadio Mane
ST- Kylian Mbappe

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fucking hell. Only watched the 1st half thought you boys were alright. Saw the result and the red card. The life of an Arsenal fan. Fuck me. The Dogs and Arsenal. Who did you piss off?