No Source Josh Addo-Carr to Dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not even sure how a trade would work its not the NFL where a player has no say in the matter and gets moved. The player moving to Melbourne would also have to be willing to go.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^ agreed
but no way we are giving them montoya or holland or oko...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know how I’d feel about giving up Reimis Smith or Okenbur at this point both who are on relatively small deals in comparison for what Ado-Carr will be commanding.

Addo-Carr is a Ferrari and needs to be put into open spaces and has to have opportunities created for him which our current crop of halves are incapable off where as both Okenbur and Reimis are big bodied work horses who come in to find the ball and take on the line taking pressure of our forwards.

While Addo-Carr is one of the finest wingers in the game he’d be of no use to the Current Bulldogs team.

Interesting predicament to be in but also is it worth giving up two promising juniors in a gamble that seems like likely to back fire.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know how I’d feel about giving up Reimis Smith or Okenbur at this point both who are on relatively small deals in comparison for what Ado-Carr will be commanding.

Addo-Carr is a Ferrari and needs to be put into open spaces and has to have opportunities created for him which our current crop of halves are incapable off where as both Okenbur and Reimis are big bodied work horses who come in to find the ball and take on the line taking pressure of our forwards.

While Addo-Carr is one of the finest wingers in the game he’d be of no use to the Current Bulldogs team.

Interesting predicament to be in but also is it worth giving up two promising juniors in a gamble that seems like likely to back fire.
Exactly. If Lewis is in the team then theres no point signing JAC
i wouldn't give up Oko or Reimis, Oko i know is on a relatively cap friendly deal. Not sure about Reimis though

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I tend to agree but while JAC wouldn’t be much use currently do you grab him while be is available? Someone like him might not be around in a season or two when we need it.

All this talk of a trade or transfer fee is lip service from Melbourne JAC wants to go now and they managed to get him to stay one more season there’s no way he’s sticking around in 2021.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I tend to agree but while JAC wouldn’t be much use currently do you grab him while be is available? Someone like him might not be around in a season or two when we need it.

All this talk of a trade or transfer fee is lip service from Melbourne JAC wants to go now and they managed to get him to stay one more season there’s no way he’s sticking around in 2021.
Josh's value is immense off the field also, big joker and a hard worker obviously coming from storm and playing rep footy, hed be great to have around at training

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd love to see him in a doggies jersey but can't see ot happening unless there's some kind of commercial agreement between the two clubs.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hill has previously said we aren’t looking for a winger for next year but we are looking for a forward.

Hills “at the right time” quote in DT above possibly referring to 2021. Which will be too late.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the right time....Maybe he means after his touch footy meetings ...
Hill has previously said we aren’t looking for a winger for next year but we are looking for a forward.

Hills “at the right time” quote in DT above possibly referring to 2021. Which will be too late.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Get some signings and we will all be pleased.

What pleasure has Mr hill provided to date?
I’m referring to the people saying it would be a waste to sign Addo-Carr which is absolutely ridiculous but your comment about touch football is a bit close minded too mate

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah your right..

Who would not want addo carr?
I’m referring to the people saying it would be a waste to sign Addo-Carr which is absolutely ridiculous but your comment about touch football is a bit close minded too mate

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you guys think of Aaron Gray? I think sharks haven't resigned him, would come cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.