Is it better to wear no watch than a watch costing <$1000?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watches have largely fallen out of touch since smartphones have gained popularity. Every function and more is covered by your smartphone.

So watches have taken on more of a jewellry role, nothing to do with function, more status and showy.

So if your sporting a watch that costs less than $1000 are you really saying your a cheap c#@t?

If you don't have a Rolex or tag etc are you really just saying your no good?

Or am I looking into this too much?

What watch are you sporting and how do you justify it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you're wearing a watch worth less than $20k then you shouldn't be wearing a watch at all.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you are wearing a wrist watch in 2019 you are no good

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I could never justify spending car money on a watch, as nice as they are. I would be way happier with a few hundred dollar smart watch that you can fully customise. A mate showed me his xiaomi one the other day and you wouldn't even know it was a smart watch until he turned the screen off

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I could never justify spending car money on a watch, as nice as they are. I would be way happier with a few hundred dollar smart watch that you can fully customise. A mate showed me his xiaomi one the other day and you wouldn't even know it was a smart watch until he turned the screen off
That's pretty much my stance. Wouldn't spend decent money on a watch unless it's functional. I have a smart watch and it's great. I get 100 phone calls a day and most of them spam. When I feel a vibration I don't have to pull my phone out every time. Just look at my watch to see if it's an important phone call, email, message, etc.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on, enough of these craps threads

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But you need for most people to wear their <$1000 watches otherwise your $1001 watch you wear will be the bottom of the barrel and just tell the world you're a try hard that cant keep up with the best.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watches have largely fallen out of touch since smartphones have gained popularity. Every function and more is covered by your smartphone.

So watches have taken on more of a jewellry role, nothing to do with function, more status and showy.

So if your sporting a watch that costs less than $1000 are you really saying your a cheap c#@t?

If you don't have a Rolex or tag etc are you really just saying your no good?

Or am I looking into this too much?

What watch are you sporting and how do you justify it?
I'm a watch enthusiast. I appreciate the heritage, brand and quality in a mechanical watches.

I myself have a few.

Omega Planet Ocean
Rolex date just 41
Rolex GMT
Apple watch series 2

Currently on a waiting list for Rolex Daytona

Y'all probably think I'm a wank for owning and wearing them, well you can go FK yourself.

I'm always looking at what people wear on their wrist. Great conversation starter with other watch enthusiast.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's also a heirloom for my kids and investment for a good piece.

I bought mine for those reasons and a milestone in my life to say I earnt this by hard work.

Everyone will have their own opinions and this is how I choose to spend mine

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
So if you’re wearing a watch worth $10,000.
Then wouldn’t it be obvious you need to be wearing a suit that is worth $3500 more than the watch?

I’d be embarrassed if all my good friends at the sailing club picked up that my watch was worth more than the suit!

it would be awkward like that Simpsons episode where Mr Burns is in the billionaire club but 5000 short of a billion.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if you’re wearing a watch worth $10,000.
Then wouldn’t it be obvious you need to be wearing a suit that is worth $3500 more than the watch?

I’d be embarrassed if all my good friends at the sailing club picked up that my watch was worth more than the suit!

it would be awkward like that Simpsons episode where Mr Burns is in the billionaire club but 5000 short of a billion.
No

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Things change when you have more money

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm always looking at what people wear on their wrist. Great conversation starter with other watch enthusiast.
Seems low in a person that they need to see what’s on the wrist to start a conversation.

There are over a million things to start a conversation, none of which need to be materialistic. But hey, that’s the way society is heading I guess

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems low in a person that they need to see what’s on the wrist to start a conversation.

There are over a million things to start a conversation, none of which need to be materialistic. But hey, that’s the way society is heading I guess
What a dumb thing to assume. We have something I'm common without even saying a word to each other.

Just like car enthusiasts or whatever else people are into.

Get the fuck outta here noob!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a dumb thing to assume. We have something I'm common without even saying a word to each other.

Just like car enthusiasts or whatever else people are into.

Get the fuck outta here noob!
What a great administrator! Resorts to swearing at the first sign of being ridiculed. Great work staff member

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I bought the Military Watches Magazine years ago. The special introductory price for issue 1 was $7.95. It came with some German watch. It does the same job at any other analogue watch.

So... I sport my $7.95 watch and wear it with pride.

Bite me :tonguewink: