The things that float your boat!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez we have a lot of replies from the “things that grind your gears” thread, so on a more positive note I’m going to start off with some things that float my boat...

Number one has to be The Bulldogs beating the Rorters, then every other team in the corrupt comp.

A great Tomahawk ribeye reverse seared to perfection on my Char Griller BBQ.

A HUGE multi getting up, I made over $20,000 on NRL and EPL football this year alone!

A nice long drive in the Audi with my gorgeous wife followed by a nice lunch somewhere decent.

C’mon lads lets focus on the things that make life worth living, I want to hear all the things that put a smile on your dials...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Water...Water floats my boat! :tongueclosed:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Those Select few people, Not being able to drive a manual properly will deff grind the gears :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
too many automatics on the road these days as well.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothin beats the sound of a purring V8!
The sound of the Supercharged Vauxhall (Holden) VXR8 Bathurst S Edition makes me blow my load. If I could have one car, I want it. Ok, there are several cars I 'd have but it's one of them.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those Select few people, Not being able to drive a manual properly will deff grind the gears :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
too many automatics on the road these days as well.
Real men drive manuals :tonguewink:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My mate will be spewin, he sold his original condition Walkinshaw Commodore a couple of years ago, Beautiful car! Mind you he did make a profit on it bought it for $60,000 and sold it for $110,000 so not a bad day at the office. Just imagine if he hung on to it for another 12 years...
Yeah mines an 08 VE SS with 20k work all done by Walkinshaw. It technically is a W518 package (NA for now).

My brother-in-law got the VF SS W407 but the dud uses it as his daily drive. I told the **** to garage it, but I can't blame him driving it lol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I inadvertently created a discussion about cars.... the topic I can't stand :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice Mr Moon, any particular type of engine?
Howie was making a joke about the fact that we have two threads. One is "What Grinds Your Gears?" and the opposite thread, "What Revs Your Engine?"

Turns out people prefer to talk about what annoys them more than what makes them happy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Real men drive manuals :tonguewink:
I tried driving a manual. Turns out it's hard to rack up lines without the extra hand free, plus the bookers head gets in the way and makes it hard to change gears.