Bulldogs aim to improve in attack

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis looked better in attack when he had the Morris twins and funnily enough, Martin playing off of him.. that's something to keep in mind as well... it's not beyond him to play decent attacking footy, he just needs to get that confidence back
No, it's because his game got exposed just like every inexperienced half that comes through. How many halves make a splash early in their career and never kick on because teams work them out?

Lewis has fuck all going for him. Non existent running game, limited vision and fuck all of a ball player. When you can't linkup with someone like CHN over an entire season then that's a major worry.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, it's because his game got exposed just like every inexperienced half that comes through. How many halves make a splash early in their career and never kick on because teams work them out?

Lewis has fuck all going for him. Non existent running game, limited vision and fuck all of a ball player. When you can't linkup with someone like CHN over an entire season then that's a major worry.

that is a point but it wasn't helping his case that we had no other real attacking options, therefor teams were able to send all their traffic at him.. that can make even some of the more experienced playmakers look average when that happens.. but most teams have options, therefor defence has more work to do.... and also the fact that as I mentioned, he has been in and out of the top team and hasn't been able to build genuine combinations/ rebuild his confidence.. we will see that next year I believe

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
that is a point but it wasn't helping his case that we had no other real attacking options, therefor teams were able to send all their traffic at him.. that can make even some of the more experienced playmakers look average when that happens.. but most teams have options, therefor defence has more work to do.... and also the fact that as I mentioned, he has been in and out of the top team and hasn't been able to build genuine combinations/ rebuild his confidence.. we will see that next year I believe
Yh I don't agree, he's just poorly skilled and always has been through the grades. He deserved the opportunity but has not improved in the slightest. He's a shithouse Wade Graham at best, should probably look back at Graham's career path and try and replicate it.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh I don't agree, he's just poorly skilled and always has been through the grades. He deserved the opportunity but has not improved in the slightest. He's a shithouse Wade Graham at best, should probably look back at Graham's career path and try and replicate it.
Look what he was working with at the beginning of this season for example.. nobody could hold the ball ffs.... he has shown quality skills in patches, and with the help of a proper halves coach, we should see it on a consistent basis... I get the feeling he's been placing way too much emphasis on the other side of the ball.. we've had an issue for years surrounding halves here at the Dogs and it doesn't all come down to the player... the coaching has to play its role.. how do you expect to do better when you're coming up against teams with Andrew johns as the halves coach, when your team's halves coach is the water boi

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Look what he was working with at the beginning of this season for example.. nobody could hold the ball ffs.... he has shown quality skills in patches, and with the help of a proper halves coach, we should see it on a consistent basis... I get the feeling he's been placing way too much emphasis on the other side of the ball.. we've had an issue for years surrounding halves here at the Dogs and it doesn't all come down to the player... the coaching has to play its role.. how do you expect to do better when you're coming up against teams with Andrew johns as the halves coach, when your team's halves coach is the water boi
Except he hasn't. Unless it's a long ball to the wing he has absolutely fuck all. His skills are absolute dead average at best and a halves coach can only do so much, but then again shit we an X bulldog so I'm guessing some of our fans are expecting hi to work miracles.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Except he hasn't. Unless it's a long ball to the wing he has absolutely fuck all. His skills are absolute dead average at best and a halves coach can only do so much, but then again shit we an X bulldog so I'm guessing some of our fans are expecting hi to work miracles.

from your point of view yea... he has had his moments but he lost a lot of confidence at the beginning of this season / struggled to form combinations with guys who were also not playing quality football

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
from your point of view yea... he has had his moments but he lost a lot of confidence at the beginning of this season / struggled to form combinations with guys who were also not playing quality football
I don't think he struggles with confidence...lol.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Same articles every year saying we are working on our attack, then bang same horrible attack is played during the season. Rather they just stay silent and show us what youve done in the offseason during the seaon

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think he struggles with confidence...lol.

no he doesn't normally... that's why I believe he struggled.... round 1 especially, and the ensuing games were a massive reality check.. will be a blessing in disguise

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Same articles every year saying we are working on our attack, then bang same horrible attack is played during the season. Rather they just stay silent and show us what youve done in the offseason during the seaon
Oh FFS, the teams, players and coaching staff are required by the NRL to do X amount of press every day/week/month/year. What are they supposed to talk about, the colour of their boot laces? They aren't rocket surgeons and there are a finite number of footy related subjects that they can talk about in the off season. So it's always going to be about some part of the preseason, offence or defence. Let it go, it's just filler for the media, don't read into it any more than that.

Go Dogs

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Not guna improve much without the addition of some strike

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, just some of us see his game differently to you. You really have a problem with him, it’s almost obsessive...

Anytime his name is mentioned you lose your shit. There a plenty of questionable players in our roster that you could be critical of but you don’t pay them anywhere the attention you do with Lewis.

It’s your opinion and you are welcome to it but I think it will come back to bite you on the arse.

I think he will continue to cement his spot and become invaluable within the team, especially with poppy Foran on the sidelines. He should play in 6 with Wakeman at 7.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not discrediting your points but an entire season is over doing it considering they were both dropped and Lewis was injured for a few games.

At the end of the day we should be pushing this kid to succeed because if Lewis reaches a fairly high bench mark in attack and keeps going well in defence then we are all better off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah, just some of us see his game differently to you. You really have a problem with him, it’s almost obsessive...

Anytime his name is mentioned you lose your shit. There a plenty of questionable players in our roster that you could be critical of but you don’t pay them anywhere the attention you do with Lewis.

It’s your opinion and you are welcome to it but I think it will come back to bite you on the arse.

I think he will continue to cement his spot and become invaluable within the team, especially with poppy Foran on the sidelines. He should play in 6 with Wakeman at 7.
Because you lot fawn over him. Dead average with the ball in hand.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not discrediting your points but an entire season is over doing it considering they were both dropped and Lewis was injured for a few games.

At the end of the day we should be pushing this kid to succeed because if Lewis reaches a fairly high bench mark in attack and keeps going well in defence then we are all better off.
You can use that argument for any player though. He can't run and he can't ball play, there's fuck all too work off. Is he even faster than Tolman? Seriously?

He wouldn't be in the halves in any top 8 side, not even close. Yh he scraps, yh he competes, yh he's a great defender....they're certainly great traits but he's a bloody half and we need a hell of a lot more from that position that just that.

Maybe If the change to competing for a high ball is as broken as I think it will be then Lewis could increase his value with some accurate kicks to the sideline, but other than that I just can't see it. The athleticism isn't there, the finesse isn't there...I don't see what we're possibly working off here?

I'd rather persist with more raw talent, especially in key positions where we're lacking so much as the potential return is far higher even if it carries a higher risk.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can use that argument for any player though. He can't run and he can't ball play, there's fuck all too work off. Is he even faster than Tolman? Seriously?

He wouldn't be in the halves in any top 8 side, not even close. Yh he scraps, yh he competes, yh he's a great defender....they're certainly great traits but he's a bloody half and we need a hell of a lot more from that position that just that.

Maybe If the change to competing for a high ball is as broken as I think it will be then Lewis could increase his value with some accurate kicks to the sideline, but other than that I just can't see it. The athleticism isn't there, the finesse isn't there...I don't see what we're possibly working off here?

I'd rather persist with more raw talent, especially in key positions where we're lacking so much as the potential return is far higher even if it carries a higher risk.
No argument.

Without a doubt this is Lachlan Lewis's big chance to hold down a halves spot as is Coggar's. If they don't the club will definitely be forced to go out buy that raw young talent we gonna need and by that time we will have Foran money.

Its obvious you don't rate the kid but he and Coggar still have potential to grow... Might as well wait and see what happens whilst we wait for the pay check.

Don't stress to much... Did you end up getting blown out at the Day Spa?
I

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be fair but a lot of the experts rate him too mate
The experts rated Mbye, Woods, etc...but TK said they were shit? Bloke is the golden boy, I'd probably have sex with him if I stared into his eyes too long, same as a few other kennel members

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No argument.

Without a doubt this is Lachlan Lewis's big chance to hold down a halves spot as is Coggar's. If they don't the club will definitely be forced to go out buy that raw young talent we gonna need and by that time we will have Foran money.

Its obvious you don't rate the kid but he and Coggar still have potential to grow... Might as well wait and see what happens until we wait for the pay check.

Don't stress to much... Did you end up getting blown out at the Day Spa?
I
No, not at the day spa.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be fair but a lot of the experts rate him too mate
I haven't heard too many experts praise Lewis on his actual play in the halves its always his defence or his tenacity and competitiveness like the run in with Burgess that get the comments.

The defence and and tenacity is great if it's paired with getting the basics right at halfback or five eighth and at the minute that is lacking.