Transfer Centre: One Bronco leaves while another extends his stay

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
  • December 6, 2019 1:21pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Kotoni Staggs has re-signed with Brisbane. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)Source: AAP
Brisbane has announced young gun centre Kotoni Staggs has signed a one-year extension with the club until the end of 2021.
The 21-year-old enjoyed a stellar 2019 season — his second in the NRL — where he scored 11 tries in 24 games.

“Kotoni’s contract extension is great news for the club – the one thing you know that you are going to get with him is effort in everything that he does,” Broncos coach Anthony Seibold said.

“I’ve been really impressed with the way he has stepped up to take the starting spot in the centres, and part of my role is to help Kotoni achieve his enormous potential in the game.
Meanwhile, Newcastle has confirmed the signing of outside back Gehamat Shibasaki following his immediate release from Brisbane.

Shibasaki will join the Knights on a three-year deal and will look to break into the club’s backline.
“He has NRL experience and is a strong defender. We need to be a resilient, strong defensive club. He’s a big and powerful centre,” Knights coach Adam O’Brien said.

“He adds the needed depth to our outside backs with Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Jesse Ramien leaving. He’s competitive and looks to have a tough mindset.”

There goes another off the Li.....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Broncos have some decent talent in their backline. Shibasaki was somewhat surplus.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
2022 is the target year. We'll pick up a few rejects and or opportunists along the way (2020/21). I hope we're not saying the same thing but another year later come next year.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knights sign another dud. What's new?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would you give him a 3 year deal? At least when we continue to sign avg players they are only getting one year.
That's just what they do... Just as dumb as how much they are paying that loser Klemmer.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Another one who was never going anywhere, but it will be our clubs fault for not getting him.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he’s no Dean Britt, but he’s not that bad...
Have you seen him play.

He is shit.

So happy he is gone.

What are the Knights on. OK I don't care, just glad we got rid of him.