News Bulldogs in hunt for Fifita but Broncos in box seat

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are set to enter the fray in the hunt for David Fifita’s signature by meeting the Brisbane forward to discuss a potential switch for the 2021 NRL season.

NRL.com understands that although the Broncos are the front-runners to retain Fifita’s services, the Bulldogs intend to state their case for a move south when they meet with him later this week
The 19-year-old, who is under contract at the Broncos for 2020, enjoyed his best season in just his second year of first grade with 24 appearances for Brisbane, scoring seven tries and causing carnage to opposing defensive lines.

Fifita earned himself a Queensland State of Origin jersey and the captaincy of the Junior Kangaroos in the win over France in October.
It’s believed there are several clubs wanting Fifita’s services and wishing to make his decision a little harder. They have also scheduled meetings with Fifita’s management.

But first the NRL has to hand down its Integrity Unit findings into an alleged assault by Fifita of a security guard outside a Bali nightclub four weeks ago.

Fifita spent two nights in a Indonesian jail cell while a deal was being brokered for his release between the Broncos, the security guard and police.
He is off contract at the end of next year and is considered one of the hottest properties on the market when it comes to attacking forwards.

The Bulldogs have recruited well already for 2020 with Dean Britt (South Sydney), Joe Stimson (Storm) and Sione Katoa (Penrith) joining the likes of Adam Elliott, Josh Jackson, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Corey Harawira-Naera, Aiden Tolman and Dylan Napa to form an impressive pack up front.

The club has been mired in salary cap constrictions for the past two seasons but is ready to splurge a bit more for 2021 and beyond.

Canterbury have several players coming off contract at the end of next season, including Jackson, injured star Kieran Foran, Faitala-Mariner, Tolman and Marcelo Montoya

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much chance of me having a three way with jessica alba and jennifer aniston.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much chance of me having a three way with jessica alba and jennifer aniston.
That is just wrong, I would never have thought of that combo (Jessica and Jen, without you bro) . And now, can’t get it out of my head...

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting used to bump up the Broncos offer, nothing more, nothing less.
And of course broncos will have no trouble paying him whatever the price bumps up to

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our name again being used by managers to bump up their clients offers ....

No chance we'd even talk to them about him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did someone at Belmore find the the list?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean Pay will buy him 3 in 1 Nescafe instant coffee.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They're just making shit up to get views and drive up his price with Brisbane.

For years we've been used as a bargaining tool for most of the off contract players in the competition.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
B2FA57E0-C4FE-47B3-8072-57DBE831784C.jpeg
we should pay overs, why didnt we, why didnt we make an offer, the board is a disaster, 20 Negative threads started, yu mum wears army boots, banned, TK calms down, Telegraph links us to another random signing, wait for it.
I just want next season to start.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad to read that we're chasing somebody. We haven't been linked to anybody recently. Peter Mullholland and Vossy have watched hundreds of junior games and both rate him the best young player (player - not just forward) they've EVER SEEN.