No Source Zac Lomax

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't touch Dufty, I repeat don't touch Dufty!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In before the jokes of did we even talk to him; another one off the list. We have no money. Oh wait he wasn’t available till 2021 anyway.

By the time we are in 2020 I wonder who’s left for 2022

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In before the jokes of did we even talk to him; another one off the list. We have no money. Oh wait he wasn’t available till 2021 anyway.

By the time we are in 2020 I wonder who’s left for 2022
you dickhead.....lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mary wouldn't play the kid and now they give him a 6 year deal lol. I dare say Mary isn't the one making this decision and he wont be coaching past 2020
Yep Flanagan already improving dragons

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Six year deal? I didn't know Lomax was Billy Slater all of a sudden... Aside from Taumalolo and DCE, when has a deal for that many years ever worked out well?

Even when we signed Shifty to five years it backfired and he was twenty times the player Lomax is right now.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This guy is so over rated bloody useless

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our options for a quality outside back are getting thinner and thinner...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Six year deal? I didn't know Lomax was Billy Slater all of a sudden... Aside from Taumalolo and DCE, when has a deal for that many years ever worked out well?

Even when we signed Shifty to five years it backfired and he was twenty times the player Lomax is right now.
MAdness that they've given a 6 year deal to a player who really wasn't performing last year and they didn't even know his 'position'. Reportedly they're now going to give him the #1 even though he's been playing centre. Weird that they've got so much faith in him.

Don't get me wrong, would've loved to have seen him at the Dogs but we're not going to be a 6 year deal ...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently the deal is $600k for 5 years and 1 year option in Lomax's favour for the last year. Lomax played the Dragons like a fiddle.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently the deal is $600k for 5 years and 1 year option in Lomax's favour for the last year. Lomax played the Dragons like a fiddle.
Wow.. 600k? 5 years? When he played four different positions last year and was off the bench and even dropped in between? What's he proven? He was solid last season but nothing more. Fuck Saints are dumb if those figures are true..

This contract is so bad it makes Ben Hunt's deal look good!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our options for a quality outside back are getting thinner and thinner...
Is it possible they're comparing options, price etc. against our current youngsters coming through and are just waiting for the player that tops what we have at
Wow.. 600k? 5 years? When he played four different positions last year and was off the bench and even dropped in between? What's he proven? He was solid last season but nothing more. Fuck Saints are dumb if those figures are true..

From the outside ... crazy crazy decision. Reeks of desperation from the Dragons and perhaps gives us a little hope that we're choosing not to get involved in such deals. Madness if those numbers are true and they're in fact going to give him the #1 position

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's just dumb because if Lomax actually delvers on his potential he will seek a upgrade anyway and if he doesn't the Dragons are stuck with that deal for 6 years!

The Dragons have single handedly destroyed the playing market with average players using the Hunt deal as a price guide and now they'll use the Lomax deal for promising rookies

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just dumb because if Lomax actually delvers on his potential he will seek a upgrade anyway and if he doesn't the Dragons are stuck with that deal for 6 years!

The Dragons have single handedly destroyed the playing market with average players using the Hunt deal as a price guide and now they'll use the Lomax deal for promising rookies
I would argue that is due to the Ponga, rather than Hunt.

Hunt was an established first grader. Ponga was used sparingly by the Cowboys, prior to the Knights offer.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was thinking 300-400k for Lomax as a Centre on potential. He's untested at Fullback pretty much so I still think anything above that range (especially to retain) is a bit ludicrous. Not sure about long term deals except for the young players already a mainstay in rep teams (it does entice them to sign tho).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

It's tough to get a top Halfback for a struggling team (not many available, have to pay top dollar). That's what they thought they needed to push them closer to a top four finish (it didn't pan out that way tho, massive under performance from the majority of their team last year and on paper they're better then where they finished).

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If xerri felt duded before, this idiotic contract for lomax will have him asking for LM type $

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mary wouldn't play the kid and now they give him a 6 year deal lol. I dare say Mary isn't the one making this decision and he wont be coaching past 2020
Spot on. Mary must be feeling he's a dead man walking after they signed Shane Flannagan as an assistant coach.