Official Topine: I don't want to let my family down

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolute weapon on his highlights reel... think he’s 18 months away from 1st grade though?
That’s right I think the earliest you’d see him is 2021 and even that’s probably optimistic.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our junior grades have been well managed in the last two years with visible results
In my opinion this is a clear indication that the club is building and heading in the right direction
Topine is one of many youngsters at club that are coming along in leaps and bounds within potential to be future stars
It would be nice to have 2 or 3 really kick on and become genuine home grown champions
Success is always built from good foundations,we are on a good path.
Couldn’t have said it better! The junior pipeline is full and we are finally starting to see results. One player that has been forgotten a little bit is Ryan Gray he was Aussie Schoolboys hooker in 2018 but he struggled with injury and the physicality of moving up a grade this year. Hopefully he’s been in the gym over the last year and can handle it better in 2020 because he certainly has the talent.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our junior grades have been well managed in the last two years with visible results
In my opinion this is a clear indication that the club is building and heading in the right direction
Topine is one of many youngsters at club that are coming along in leaps and bounds within potential to be future stars
It would be nice to have 2 or 3 really kick on and become genuine home grown champions
Success is always built from good foundations,we are on a good path.
Couldn't agree more. The situation with the youngsters is much improved compared with even just a few years ago. Hopefully they keep pouring resources into it, for certain some of the players that develop and remain injury free will become top level first graders.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t have said it better! The junior pipeline is full and we are finally starting to see results. One player that has been forgotten a little bit is Ryan Gray he was Aussie Schoolboys hooker in 2018 but he struggled with injury and the physicality of moving up a grade this year. Hopefully he’s been in the gym over the last year and can handle it better in 2020 because he certainly has the talent.
To be honest I don’t know the junior players that well,you seem to be really up to speed
But I do follow results every weekend very closely
I’ve been watching Xerri,Flanagan and Brailey boys since they were all kids
All juniors for Aquinas Colts,fantastic to see them develop

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest I don’t know the junior players that well,you seem to be really up to speed
But I do follow results every weekend very closely
I’ve been watching Xerri,Flanagan and Brailey boys since the were all kids
All juniors for Aquinas Colts,fantastic to see them develop
I try to get to most of the junior games at Belmore it’s actually been more enjoyable watching those then watching NRL at ANZ over the last few years!
Was James Romaounos in that Colts side?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try to get to most of the junior games at Belmore it’s actually been more enjoyable watching those then watching NRL at ANZ over the last few years!
Was James Romaounos in that Colts side?
Yes James also came through the colts,
I take my hat off to his dad and all the parents that support their kids
Taking them to games all over the place and training sessions
The school also won the Combined Catholic Competition several times.
A lot of the local kids actually support the dogs,obviously the parents influence lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can Topine bring his distant cousin Tapine over..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know where young Hetho went? I thought he got the jump on Ryan Gray and therefore was in higher regard.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where young Hetho went? I thought he got the jump on Ryan Gray and therefore was in higher regard.
He’s gone to the Capras in Queensland Cup.

Last edited:

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What an absolute weapon Hahaha!
Definitely a star in waiting, he would have to be the youngest in that emerging blues squad. He is either still 15 or just turned 16. Nice step off both feet, devastating right palm but not sure he has left palm though.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s right I think the earliest you’d see him is 2021 and even that’s probably optimistic.
If he keeps that highlight reel stuff going, I'm not sure we could keep him in reggies for 2021. See how he goes in CC first I suppose but he certainly put a few defenders on their arse.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he keeps that highlight reel stuff going, I'm not sure we could keep him in reggies for 2021. See how he goes in CC first I suppose but he certainly put a few defenders on their arse.
Don’t forget he’s doing that against kids his age and he’s probably a lot bigger then them as well. Hopefully he continues to do it because he certainly a exciting prospect.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is dogs dont fastrack kids like some other clubs. Our kids seem to spend couple of years in u20, then reserve grade when they are no longer eligible for u20. We dont blood many players under 20. E.g. talau would probably not see first grade until 2021 if hes still with us.
There were times tho in the past couple of years when they let u20 players played ccup. Hope they continue to do this. Otherwise we will lose these kids to other club.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My opinion is dogs dont fastrack kids like some other clubs. Our kids seem to spend couple of years in u20, then reserve grade when they are no longer eligible for u20. We dont blood many players under 20. E.g. talau would probably not see first grade until 2021 if hes still with us.
There were times tho in the past couple of years when they let u20 players played ccup. Hope they continue to do this. Otherwise we will lose these kids to other club.
I agree but already having the youngest squad in the comp doesn’t help either