Peter Peters Not Happy With Ch9 lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I watch as little Channel 9 as possible, but he seems pretty bang on TBH.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He gives Molan too much credit, but everything else is bang on.

The whole Channel 9 team is terrible. They are so boring, they lack good game knowledge and they have no chemistry. All of the talent is at Fox. The best people to replace Rabbits are at Fox (Ginnane, Vossy).

Andrew Johns is about the only guy on Fox that offers actual good content. Yes he can dribble on a bit but he has a great footy brain. I am actually surprised how bad Thurston turned out, I guess some people just can't present in front of a camera. He seems to just shut down a bit. Cooper Cronk is the only guy who would rival Joey in this area and probably Cameron Smith but he is a couple of years away probably.

Thank the tv gods that watching channel 9 is not a requirement at all.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

The whole Channel 9 team is terrible. They are so boring, they lack good game knowledge and they have no chemistry. All of the talent is at Fox. The best people to replace Rabbits are at Fox (Ginnane, Vossy).

Andrew Johns is about the only guy on Fox that offers actual good content. Yes he can dribble on a bit but he has a great footy brain. I am actually surprised how bad Thurston turned out, I guess some people just can't present in front of a camera. He seems to just shut down a bit. Cooper Cronk is the only guy who would rival Joey in this area and probably Cameron Smith but he is a couple of years away probably.

I wish we could pick and choose who they had on Fox. The only one I’d take from 9 is Joey and I would give them Finch and Gasnier in return

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Yeah but if you hate Murdoch like me lol

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish we could pick and choose who they had on Fox. The only one I’d take from 9 is Joey and I would give them Finch and Gasnier in return
Finch is awful, he is OK for a bit of comedy relief but that is it. I don't mind Gasnier so much, I prefer him to Tallis anyway. But both of them aren't awful. Even if you don't agree with them at least they add something.

You watch channel 9 when they have Bracey/Molan, Joey, Gus and then someone like Allana Ferguson who literally stands there and says nothing. It is SO weird. Fox never do that.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Molan an johns had a fallout apparently lol..!!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He ain’t wrong about Thaiday.

Whoever makes the decisions at 9 has a lot to answer for and it’s no surprise they’re struggling. Sacking Vossy and bringing in Ray Hadley a prime example.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Andrew Voss and Danny Buderus by far the best commentators - knowledge, enthusiasm and ability to communicate. Channel 9 - woeful - Thurston proves that a great player does not make a commentator. Phil Gould when he just talks football can be good but he loses all credibility when he tries too hard to be funny. He isn't!

The women commentators on nine, along with Ray Warren are embarrassingly bad - cringeworthy - as are Anasta and Finch on Fox. Lara Pitt and Megan Barnard are effective communicators.

Cant remember which stations they are on but I find Thaiday and Lockeyer difficult to watch and listen to - but as much as I didn't like Corey Parker as a player - I think he does a good job as a commentator.

Must be off season

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they can have Anasta as well

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fox are lucky they only have Nine as competition. Fox used to be head a shoulders above Nine but over the last few years it's reallt dropped back blokes like Blocker and Anasta on every second game are a massive punish.

Voss is the only decent caller while Warren Smith is a massive flog who thinks he knows it all.

It shows you how bad Nine are when this lot is still better!