Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I cant remember the last time we had a good run of bands come our way? Come to think of it, I don't think it's ever been this good.

If Zeke, Hellacopters or NFO announce a tour here soon, then that'll just top it off.
I’ve got 12-13 gigs of go to next year. Crowbar and Opeth in the next few weeks. Not to mention the 20 odd gigs I’ve already been to this year. It’s nuts.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We used to only get good tours around Soundwave time. It's so much better without one massive festival.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Coming up I have:

Good Things
Orbituary
Polaris
Jinjer
Download
Maiden

Skipping Opeth as I'll be away and skipping Tool as it's just too expensive and I may be in the US at that time.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Coming up I have:

Good Things
Orbituary
Polaris
Jinjer
Download
Maiden

Skipping Opeth as I'll be away and skipping Tool as it's just too expensive and I may be in the US at that time.
Not a bad line up of shows to see. Wish I could have made a few but unfortunately my financial situation doesn't allow for it.

On another note, I'm liking Polaris new song Masochist. Love the tasty riff about half way into the song.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming up I have:

Good Things
Orbituary
Polaris
Jinjer
Download
Maiden

My next 6 months
December:
Crowbar
Opeth
January
Geoff Tate
February
CoC
Maybe Cattle Decapitation
Scorpions/Whitesnake
Sacred Reich/Vio-lence
March
The Exploited
Download Festival
April
Under The Southern Stars Festival
DRI/Hirax
May
Iron Maiden
Helmet.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Good Things looks OK but I've seen everyone I'd see there.

I'm just going to Opeth, Maiden, Download and Tool atm. Jinjer I might try and make.

I saw Helmet do Betty in full. Don't need to see them again.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm looking at the pitiful Good Things lineup and I have the shits that Voyager is playing at the same time as Trivium and Bad Religion. Pretty sure Hellfest would give me a nervous breakdown when I tried to figure out who to see.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm looking at the pitiful Good Things lineup and I have the shits that Voyager is playing at the same time as Trivium and Bad Religion. Pretty sure Hellfest would give me a nervous breakdown when I tried to figure out who to see.
lol that is like half of the bands I would have wanted to see if I was going.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
L7 coming here now as well.

With all these bands doing more tours over here, I wonder if it's a by-product of the illegal downloading and YouTube movement?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
L7 coming here now as well.

With all these bands doing more tours over here, I wonder if it's a by-product of the illegal downloading and YouTube movement?
And our weak-arse dollar which makes touring here an attractive option for US etc bands.