Official Raiders sign Curtis Scott

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Out of curiosity.... if we don’t land any big fish for 2021.. what do we do? Pay existing guys overs ? I’m not across the exact rule but you need to use 90% minimum or there abouts of what’s available to spend?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Out of curiosity.... if we don’t land any big fish for 2021.. what do we do? Pay existing guys overs ? I’m not across the exact rule but you need to use 90% minimum or there abouts of what’s available to spend?
Front load contracts to counter when we have to pay overs? No idea. We've already let half of the talent get re-signed or go elsewhere so we're going to see I guess.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Front load contracts to counter when we have to pay overs? No idea. We've already let half of the talent get re-signed or go elsewhere so we're going to see I guess.
That's a NEW plan.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think (I could be wrong) but there is a limit on front loading now. Not sure what it is but I think it’s limited.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's not ok to back end deals that's an absolute no no....but we will do the opposite and front load

What a crock of shit I say..
They have an answer to everything

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So it's not ok to back end deals that's an absolute no no....but we will do the opposite and front load

What a crock of shit I say..
They have an answer to everything
I don't have an issue with back ending contracts. As long as we're not misjudging the salary cap growth at the same time it isn't comparable to when we got done. If we're not doing that then what are we spending our salary cap on for 2021? It's clear we're not signing anyone unless something changes very quickly. I'm not sure if you're having a dig at me or the board.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck me! I'm not anti board or anti Pay or sack every player but this is becoming a joke.

To scared to pull the trigger on Mitchel, now we didn't even have a crack at Scott, would have been perfect, young, powerful, from a great system, proven he wont take a backward step (him belting walker)

What are the board/football department looking for? The team we had last year is not going to get us a Premiership, my understanding was we were primed to start building a competitive team.
Yep the whole bulldog DNA thing is a joke lol... This kid would have fitted in well with us, but oh well

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we'd been run as well as Canberra over the past five plus years, we would have won two comps in that time...

Canberra signed CNK for nothing, Bateman who dominated games, Sutton who was solid and Simonsson who was impressive and used to play for us..

We signed Meaney, Napa, Sue and Chrichton for probably not much less than those players. I know which four I'd rather have...

Add to that signing Williams and Scott while moving on from Rapana, Sezer and Leilua.. They've made one shrewd move after another and they deserve a huge amount of credit.
Yeah CNK would have been a awesome pickup

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah CNK would have been a awesome pickup
Cheaper version of DWZ (half the price). DWZ is a slightly better player and has better leadership skills tho.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cheaper version of DWZ (half the price). DWZ is a slightly better player and has better leadership skills tho.
Yeah maybe... I still think CNK is a better fullback than DWZ. If we had him, Dallin would be winger

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sounds like more people seeing the reality. The excuses are drying up. Until pony and the rat spit some more out, hard for them to spit too. Heard they love to swallow.
upload_2019-11-30_7-18-51.jpeg

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's some early morning Kennel beef going on! So anyway.... About Curtis Scott...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's some early morning Kennel beef going on! So anyway.... About Curtis Scott...
Yeah he signed with Canberra. I bet we didn’t even talk to him haha

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Covering the agenda with more voices in his head

Anyway as others have said, terribly
Disappointing to miss out on Scott.

Exactly what we need and a huge upgrade in our weakest position.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Covering the agenda with more voices in his head

Anyway as others have said, terribly
Disappointing to miss out on Scott.

Exactly what we need and a huge upgrade in our weakest position.
To be honest, I'm over getting worked up about all of these other signings and retentions. It's just not worth the aggravation. As long as our young talent is given the responsibility and trust to make their own mark then as I said in another thread, we might not need to recruit as heavily in the short term. Without an influx of signings it's the only hope we have and to stay positive..

If Averillo or Harper get given a run in the centres hopefully they impress enough to make the position their own. As long as Montoya and Holland don't see FG again I'll be happy.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm over getting worked up about all of these other signings and retentions. It's just not worth the aggravation. As long as our young talent is given the responsibility and trust to make their own mark then as I said in another thread, we might not need to recruit as heavily in the short term. Without an influx of signings it's the only hope we have and to stay positive..

If Averillo or Harper get given a run in the centres hopefully they impress enough to make the position their own. As long as Montoya and Holland don't see FG again I'll be happy.
Unfortunately that’s not really good enough to compete for anything. That’s us just looking for anything to be positive about because the recruitment is woeful.

Then the other side of the coin is it took how long to see Renouf given a chance consistently? Rfm?
Even Ogden had great games and then blokes like Elliott or sue or smith who has howlers too where picked week in week out.

I hate to say it but I think holland and
Montoya will see more first grade again. Terrible I know but just facing what’s been shown.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow don’t throw stones from that glass house of yours @Bulldogs09
Have you learnt your lesson yet

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
To the guys whos posts I just deleted it, just stfu and stop talking to each other. I would rather not have to ban people. Keep the thread on topic please.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good move for them. Ricky Stuart and his team are doing a great job with recruitment.

Sezer the dud is out. Ricky has had enough of Leilua. Scott is in. If their key players stay fit they should have another tilt at the premiership. I think it will be either Raiders, Eels or Storm in the final for 2020.