10. Napa
11. Stimson
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Katoa
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Elliott

Its pretty much Sancho2020's team but with Smith and Averillo swapped because I think FG wise Smith will handle centre better than a rookie and it will give Averillo a chance to get a taste of the top grade. Plus Lewis will be a lock in so my preference is Wakeman at 7 and Lewis in 6 where I think he should play.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep exactly, speed, evasive and hunger. Throw him in!

Among other things. Good ball player.

He is 19.
There is a huge step up to first grade.
There is no way he will be "thrown in" and there are more senior players in front of him.
There is no way you can run a football club like that.
He will get game time during the trials and perhaps will get his chance if there are injuries during the season.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If hes good enough Averillo should play and get picked.

I hope that he is as good as what they hope because I'm over Montoya and Holland.

I'm not as impressed as other people are with Harper either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is 19.
There is no way he will be "thrown in" and there are more senior players in front of him.
He will get game time during the trials and perhaps will get his chance if there are injuries during the season.
Senior players like Montoya and Holland...lol please.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is 19.
It’s exactly this why we never unearth much talent these days. If Clubs like Brisbane had this mindset we wouldn’t see Haas, Fifita or Staggs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s exactly this why we never unearth much talent these days. If Clubs like Brisbane had this mindset we wouldn’t see Haas, Fifita or Staggs.
I feel like those players were the best coming through their age group. If you don't give them a chance at 18 they're going somewhere else (these players are more then ready talent wise too). They're, especially Haas and Fifita, prodigies. Haas got 600k a year basically without playing in the NRL yet. Our boys are nowhere near that level.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel like those players were the best coming through their age group. If you don't give them a chance at 18 they're going somewhere else (these players are more then ready talent wise too). They're, especially Haas and Fifita, prodigies. Haas got 600k a year basically without playing in the NRL yet. Our boys are nowhere near that level.
Just pointing out the age and experience factor stated really mate.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just pointing out the age and experience factor stated really mate.
They should be given a chance if injuries hit. We also know Montoya and Holland (just some players for example) are not in our plans moving forward so there is no point playing them especially with how next season is expected to go. We also need to be careful with damaging their confidence (throwing them in too early) but I think that's going to be difficult in our current situation.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is 19.
Normally I'd agree but I genuinely think it's different for Averillo he has always looked a step above his age in lower grades.
We have seen quite a few 19 year olds play NRL with success in the last few years and considering the other players we have at centre it's worth giving him a shot early.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Age depends on the player himself as to whether they are ready or not. Fittler was 17 and was ready, but some players need longer to mature and assimilate into the top grade.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Age depends on the player himself as to whether they are ready or not. Fittler was 17 and was ready, but some players need longer to mature and assimilate into the top grade.
Exactly its not a on size fits all policy when it comes to young players.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
We are better of playing with 12 on the field and Hoppa being our only center than having Holland in the lineup at all

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jake has not played ANY first grade.
People picking him in the 13 at centre or five-eight are delusional.
How about we seem him dominate in CC and fill in first grade and play well.
All for giving him.a go them the time is right.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jake has not played ANY first grade.
People picking him in the 13 at centre or five-eight are delusional.
How about we seem him dominate in CC and fill in first grade and play well.
All for giving him.a go them the time is right.
Ok I’m delusional then.
Let’s run with Holland

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think meany will have a huge year he improved out of sight and looked alot stronger at the back end of the season,also jmk i just hope we play aggressively like we did the last 10 weeks it was a great style of play

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Something different to talk about

1. DWZ
2. Okonbur
3. Hoppa
4. ? Holland/montoya/harper all nothing special
5. Smith
6. Cogger
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Stimson
13. Jackson
14. Katao
15. Toomaga
16. Ogden
17. Rfm

I feel Elliot and Chris Smith Will be in the side. Not confident next year
Why not confident? Pretty much the same side were beating teams playing for top 8 and 4 positions left right and centre at the end of 2019 season. I don't see why we can't continue that form in 2020 considering we didn't lose any important players this off-season like last year

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok I’m delusional then.
Let’s run with Holland
Yeah I think Holland or Montoya will get another chance before Jake gets anywhere near 1st grade.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but that's what I think.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I think Holland or Montoya will get another chance before Jake gets anywhere near 1st grade.

I’d hope Harper before either.
Agree that it will be great to blood Averillo but we shouldn’t rush it and undermine his confidence.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I don’t disagree mate I think that’s what pay will go with. I’d just like to see Averillo get a run that’s all