News Sherwin: It's good to be around the boys

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2004 premiership winner Brent Sherwin discusses his role at the club that will see him work with the halves over the course of the summer and the 2020 season.

Video in below link

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/11/29/sherwin-its-good-to-be-around-the-boys/
Nice to hear exactly what he is doing with them. Especially the part about him asking them to kick while fatigued, just like he used to do in practice. Awesome advice.
Let's hope they put in the hard yards over the next few months and really improve this area of their games next year!!!

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice vid, did they only show Wakeham and Lewis for a reason

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nice to hear exactly what he is doing with them. Especially the part about him asking them to kick while fatigued, just like he used to do in practice. Awesome advice.
Let's hope they put in the hard yards over the next few months and really improve this area of their games next year!!!
I'd like to think that most our training is done under fatigue, pretty common to do so these days. Hopefully he's as good a coach as he was player and has his influence isn't just limited to running a few drills.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be great if Sherwin can give one of our halves the ability to put the ball on a string like he could. I can't recall another Bulldogs half that had his ability to set up scoring opportunities with such a variety of pin point kicking options.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One positive about foran being out for 2020 is cogger Lewis wakeham can make some good combinations through the season not having to worry about foran coming straight in.... Will be a big boost in confidence.
Make or break year for the young pups... A lot are off contract after 2021. Could be a genius move by the club and or coach.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
didn't we hear all about this last year?
I don’t think so. I know about halfway through this season there was an article about Sherwin being brought on, so this is his first offseason as halves coach.

Hopefully it works out well.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This should have happened after Brett Kimmorley retired!! At least now we can get our halves to be better in the opposition 20 not just shifting side to side in hope

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good to see Shifty and Mase around the joint

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so over Foran and all the over-priced under-performing imports. Just start developing our own talent and put some interest back into watching the juniors and reserve grades.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to think that most our training is done under fatigue, pretty common to do so these days. Hopefully he's as good a coach as he was player and has his influence isn't just limited to running a few drills.
Yes, you would hope so, but until now we didn't know. So that's a positive.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really good to see Shifty back assisting the first graders. Played with and against him back in junior footy and you wouldn’t come across a more committed bloke to a team environment with a brilliant footy mind. Super nice guy who was always gifted.

Last edited:

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OMeley, Mason or Asotasi coaching the forwards
Sherwin coaching the halves

I'd be a happy man to see that

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to have him back at Belmore. Skilful player in his time. Hope some of it rubs off.