2020 team

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That's how I fell too mate.
We need to focus on these young guys coming through, they have the talent.
2020 need to throw these guys in we are 50/50 on to see what they have and if they can actually cut it to see where we are at for 2021 and beyond.
Totally agree and I know I've been banging on about this a like barnyard door in a hurricane - but I believe this all fits into a plan for 2021 that exists and we just haven't seen yet.
Bring on the Member Forum to learn a bit more...

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d like to see either Harper or Averillo make it theirs. I’d leave Reimis on the wing - 12 tries in 2019 proves he’s a great finisher and that was not seeing enough ball - imagine if he saw more ball/space...no, not from either of the other two fellas you mentioned - they’re not coming...
He scored a couple of those in centre in the limited time he had there. His a great winger but just feel his got enough to offer in centre tbh, he could be a Justin Hogdes in my opinion so I wouldn't be scared to atleast give him a decent run off the wing.

In all honesty we don't have much to lose and we might as well see if Meaney and Okunbor are of NRL standard on a consistent damaging basis.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Building year my ass...

Its driving away sponsorship dollars in droves and pissing off fans with lacklustre performances

We need to be competitive no matter what and the club is playing a dangerous game

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He scored a couple of those in centre in the limited time he had there. His a great winger but just feel his got enough to offer in centre tbh, he could be a Justin Hogdes in my opinion so I wouldn't be scared to atleast give him a decent run off the wing.

In all honesty we don't have much to lose and we might as well see if Meaney and Okunbor are of NRL standard on a consistent damaging basis.
Fair call. I'm not convinced on Okunbur - I think that's part of the reason I say leave Reimis where he is. I think Meaney can develop well but 2020 will show us whether he's got it for the longer term or not. Finished 2019 with confidence and 6 tries, so positive signs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. DWZ
2. Smith
3. Averillo
4. Hoppa
5. Meaney/Okonbur
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Stimson
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Katoa
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Elliott/Ogden
Yes.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally , someone that just names the line up, no extras in each position
Well done mate , no each way bet on positions you just named a side..
I'm impressed
1. DWZ
2. Smith
3. Averillo
4. Hoppa
5. Meaney
6. Cogger
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Stimson
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Katoa
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Elliott

Obviously this won't happen..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree and I know I've been banging on about this a like barnyard door in a hurricane - but I believe this all fits into a plan for 2021 that exists and we just haven't seen yet.
Bring on the Member Forum to learn a bit more...
Do you really think they'll give out much "specific" information?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Do you really think they'll give out much "specific" information?
Hard to say. In 2018 they did make some information available to the members before releasing it to the press 30min later. Irrespective I’m expecting some testy questions and it’ll be interesting as they always are.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Building year my ass...

Its driving away sponsorship dollars in droves and pissing off fans with lacklustre performances

We need to be competitive no matter what and the club is playing a dangerous game
Rebuilding year is always the line they trot out when they think they may struggle..

Rebuilding years are a myth.. Teams in the past have come from very poor years at missing finals to even winning the GF like Penrith in 2003, Tigers in 2005 and Roisters off the back of adding Maloney SBW Jennings in the offseason leading into their 2013 GF win..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rebuilding year is always the line they trot out when they think they may struggle..

Rebuilding years are a myth.. Teams in the past have come from very poor years at missing finals to even winning the GF like Penrith in 2003, Tigers in 2005 and Roisters off the back of adding Maloney SBW Jennings in the offseason leading into their 2013 GF win..
Rebuilding is just the board asking for more time.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree with giving some of the young guys a go next year, given pay is coaching for a new deal my fear is he will be very conservative with selections

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the team Pay will pick round 1, barring injuries

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Montoya
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. To'omaga
15. Stimson
16. RFM
17. Katoa

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Roosters bought that title. Panthers and Tigers won theirs with alot of class juniors who came through the ranks

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
so I see people selecting young Jake Averillo in the starting 13, has he even played in 1st grade yet?

As it stands now I thought he would be behind a few guys in the 30 man squad.

haha....but it is the Kennel, notorious for shooting the collective load very early. I remember all the hard-ons for John Olive only for those hard-ons to go very very soft one week later.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
so I see people selecting young Jake Averillo in the starting 13, has he even played in 1st grade yet?

haha....but it is the Kennel, notorious for shooting the collective load very early. I remember all the hard-ons for John Olive only for those hard-ons to go very very soft one week later.
No he hasn't played first grade. He will be behind Holland, Montoya, Harper you'd think. But he can play.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I remember the scenes on here when Olive got dropped from the 17 after a couple of subpar performances
“FUCK PAY!!”
“HE’S A GUN,NEEDS MORE OPPORTUNITY!”

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember the scenes on here when Olive got dropped from the 17 after a couple of subpar performances
“FUCK PAY!!”
“HE’S A GUN,NEEDS MORE OPPORTUNITY!”
Just the normal ones, nothing to see here....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Because he brings skills that we currently lack in the top squad, and from his few performances in reserves he well and truly outplayed Harper. Rather fast track him to first asap and go from there.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because he brings skills that we currently lack in the top squad, and from his few performances in reserves he well and truly outplayed Harper. Rather fast track him to first asap and go from there.
Yep exactly, speed, evasive and hunger. Throw him in!

Among other things. Good ball player.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Building year my ass...

Yu do realise we have a leagues club to fall back on don't you? Sponsorships are a luxury for us :tonguewink: