Desperate bulldogs to scour the globe for talent

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
4 seats to 3, so yes, technically a majority, but that doesn't remove the politics nor the cross-over.
A couple of years ago Peponis, then Chairing the Leagues Club board attempted (legally within the NSW Clubs Act) to create 2 additional seats on the Football Club board to gain a majority.
This become null and void when the Andersons won 6 of the 7 seats on the Football Club board in Feb 2018.
Very political...
Yes we've been in lots of turmoil. Takes time to fix it. Why'd they pick Marroun though...still had a year to serve on his punishment. Bad judgement? Hope it sorts itself out.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/coorey-claims-top-job-at-bulldogs-leagues

Who would be politicing? Goss says Coorey talked to LM. Callaghan may be a Peponis man. The rest with Andersons.

I cant see it.

George Coorey, Chairman
Peter Callaghan, Deputy Chairman
John Ballesty
Paul Dunn
Stephen Mortimer OAM
Peter Winchester

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes we've been in lots of turmoil. Takes time to fix it. Why'd they pick Marroun though...still had a year to serve on his punishment. Bad judgement? Hope it sorts itself out.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/coorey-claims-top-job-at-bulldogs-leagues

Who would be politicing? Goss says Coorey talked to LM. Callaghan may be a Peponis man. The rest with Andersons.

I cant see it.

George Coorey, Chairman
Peter Callaghan, Deputy Chairman
John Ballesty
Paul Dunn
Stephen Mortimer OAM
Peter Winchester
My guess (and that's all it is) is Marroun was to court the Lebanese vote/community. His ban pretty much excludes him as the Act says 'fit and proper' office holders. So bad judgement? Yes, maybe - but there must be reasons for it we don't know. Peponis was publicly pro-Dib, so maybe that was a big middle finger from the Andersons when they swept to power at the football club. Coorey and his brother have lots of history as well - remember that Arthur Coorey lost his seat on the football club board when the Andersons won 6 of 7 - by around 20 votes. Very murky... the sooner everyone sings from the same song sheet the better off we'll be...

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Croft signed, Townsend signed, Sezer signed, lol. There's no halves left except Bird and who wants Bird? Injury prone as Foran.

I give up. Honestly the dogs needed a half more than any other position and now there's no options left.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Croft signed, Townsend signed, Sezer signed, lol. There's no halves left except Bird and who wants Bird? Injury prone as Foran.

I give up. Honestly the dogs needed a half more than any other position and now there's no options left.
Were we ever looking though?
Not for 2020 at least.
Let’s see how our young fellas go.
I hope Wakeham really shines.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When u have a frail old woman who is in charge of a club of a sport she never even played.
Im amazed we havnt folded yet. Andersons and moore were not even watching over there own businesses.
The only calling these ***** got, were not from bullfrog but the repo guys.
To me she is only here for the money cause her family is so broke they cant afford to feed themselves.
When u strip it back it makes the most sence.
Forget 21, forget 22, forget every year after that, where the new st george.
Where going into the season with one very green hooker in the whole top 30.
How fucking embarrasing and useless is that.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Were we ever looking though?
Not for 2020 at least.
Let’s see how our young fellas go.
I hope Wakeham really shines.
i can see wakeham growing in leaps and bounds tbh
Kids a born halfback and he would’ve got massive confidence going so well with the Fijian national side

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When u have a frail old woman who is in charge of a club of a sport she never even played.
Im amazed we havnt folded yet. Andersons and moore were not even watching over there own businesses.
The only calling these ***** got, were not from bullfrog but the repo guys.
To me she is only here for the money cause her family is so broke they cant afford to feed themselves.
When u strip it back it makes the most sence.
Forget 21, forget 22, forget every year after that, where the new st george.
Where going into the season with one very green hooker in the whole top 30.
How fucking embarrasing and useless is that.
Andrew hill has a lot to answer for in my opinion
Needs to step up and own the position
He’s got 8.5m (well used to have and dwindling by the day) to set up the club moving forward.
Surely our time is 2021 and 2022 to make a big dent in the player market.

Once u get one prized signature even if I pay a lil overs for the first one only
It will attract others 100%

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s got 8.5m (well used to have and dwindling by the day) to set up the club moving forward.

Once u get one prized signature even if I pay a lil overs for the first one only
I think we're almost at the point where we've wasted the transfer window for 2021. There are still some good players but the list is almost halved already. Everything is pointing to 2022 (or later) being our target year. I really don't see why we'd do this tho.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Nothing is solely Hilly’s decision.
There’s governance he fits into.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah im probably un fairly singnalling lyn out, but the way her and chris paraded themslves around when they already new the financail crisis they were in.
I cant help but wonder they neeeded this job more so than wanted it.
Where were they the last 15 years when they had money.
Its a point i struggle to get past. Soon as Lynn's cheques started going in chris was gone.
The fans were sold that when voting lyn in. We were getting chris and others as well.
We smash players that leave for financial gain.
Just saying.
I like how dean seems to be getting the boys together, new defense coach worked wonders.
I believe, wakeham, jack, and lewis are all 7s. I know halves play either side of ruck, but where throwing the same thing each side of ruck. Need a jack wighton or a running half similar to replace foran.

I hope there got something in the works we dont know about.
But i highly dout it. All year ive been told to cut them slack they have all these signings coming. None come to fruition in the positions we needed most.
If marshall king goes down with injury we get the spoon easily. Fucking hopeless. Under 10s shit not having a hooker. One is not enough. Just crazy recruitment. Surely one reserve grade back or forward could of been let go to accomodate for a position where the player handles the ball more than anyone.
Melbourne have the worlds best hooker who never gets injued. Yet they have 2 back ups for him.
We cant even get that right yet, money or not it should of been soughted along time ago.
Wakeham, jack ect are not hookers. Get them hurt and cruel there progression.
Sorry about the long read just getting more impatient and frustrated.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah im probably un fairly singnalling lyn out, but the way her and chris paraded themslves around when they already new the financail crisis they were in.
I cant help but wonder they neeeded this job more so than wanted it.
Where were they the last 15 years when they had money.
Its a point i struggle to get past. Soon as Lynn's cheques started going in chris was gone.
The fans were sold that when voting lyn in. We were getting chris and others as well.
We smash players that leave for financial gain.
Just saying.
I like how dean seems to be getting the boys together, new defense coach worked wonders.
I believe, wakeham, jack, and lewis are all 7s. I know halves play either side of ruck, but where throwing the same thing each side of ruck. Need a jack wighton or a running half similar to replace foran.

I hope there got something in the works we dont know about.
But i highly dout it. All year ive been told to cut them slack they have all these signings coming. None come to fruition in the positions we needed most.
If marshall king goes down with injury we get the spoon easily. Fucking hopeless. Under 10s shit not having a hooker. One is not enough. Just crazy recruitment. Surely one reserve grade back or forward could of been let go to accomodate for a position where the player handles the ball more than anyone.
Melbourne have the worlds best hooker who never gets injued. Yet they have 2 back ups for him.
We cant even get that right yet, money or not it should of been soughted along time ago.
Wakeham, jack ect are not hookers. Get them hurt and cruel there progression.
Sorry about the long read just getting more impatient and frustrated.
Isn’t that precisely the reason we signed Katoa from Penrif? Backup hooker for JMK?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing is solely Hilly’s decision.
There’s governance he fits into.
I understand 100%
But I’m yet to see him actually step up and do something of note
Maybe I’m being to harsh or maybe I expect too much
I don’t know?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i can see wakeham growing in leaps and bounds tbh
Kids a born halfback and he would’ve got massive confidence going so well with the Fijian national side
From what I've seen of Wakeham (which isn't much but from what I've seen he's shown a lot of potential) I agree. But he'll probably be stuck behind Lewis

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I understand 100%
I don’t know?
I’m giving them a while yet.
I think they’re deliberately in the bunker.
I’ll only pass judgement well into the 2020 season and as the 2021 plans become known to us.
The waiting sucks of course.
Hopefully the reward is worth it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I understand 100%
I don’t know?
To balance the argument mate, what have the other 15 CEOs done of note?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I understand 100%
I don’t know?
Certainly not a power play kind of CEO

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe Hill needs to go on a round the world cruise this time seeing as those two trips to England haven't proved very fruitful.

Holbrook went to the Titans and Thompson, nor any other English player, have been lined up yet... Was Hill just going there to watch some EPL and eat some deep fried Mars Bars or something?

Hopefully next time he goes on two trips paid by the club we see something more out of it than some selfies and frequent flyer miles...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe Hill needs to go on a round the world cruise this time seeing as those two trips to England haven't proved very fruitful.

Holbrook went to the Titans and Thompson, nor any other English player, have been lined up yet... Was Hill just going there to watch some EPL and eat some deep fried Mars Bars or something?

Hopefully next time he goes on two trips paid by the club we see something more out of it than some selfies and frequent flyer miles...
I wasn’t there with him mate. You?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn’t there with him mate. You?
Must've been - knows all the details!
(Oh - apart from the fact we were never chasing Holbrook).
For a bloke with such a bad track record, Hill has just been appointed to the board of Touch Football Australia - clearly they think he's ineffective too.