Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep and that's how it always ends. You're better of not bringing it up.
You CLAIM Latrell to be a $1 million/near $1 million player, and justify that with offers he "apparently" received, and say we have to pay what the market dictates he is worth (plus the $200k-$300k, of course...). NOW when "the market" dictates he's worth zero (the amount of contracts apparently in front of him now), all of a sudden we should forget what the market dictates, and give him a fair offer for his "worth"....

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You CLAIM Latrell to be a $1 million/near $1 million player, and justify that with offers he "apparently" received, and say we have to pay what the market dictates he is worth (plus the $200k-$300k, of course...). NOW when "the market" dictates he's worth zero (the amount of contracts apparently in front of him now), all of a sudden we should forget what the market dictates, and give him a fair offer for his "worth"....
I understand what saying but you will always have a buyer that will pay more to secure their hot investment. Have you ever tried buying a house in NSW?

Again I understand you logic but in real life it does not work

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand what saying but you will always have a buyer that will pay more to secure their hot investment. Have you ever tried buying a house in NSW?

Again I understand you logic but in real life does not work
Mitchell is not a "hot investment"

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Says who?
Says the 3-4 clubs that pulled offers or got scared of from his bidding wars
Lol it’s Gold Coast or no one now lol.
When chooks dogs and tigers the only 3 clubs keen pull out
And cowboys see Holmes as a bigger priority
That’s who

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As dumb as dog shit. Enjoy the rest of your night.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This all seems like haumono, sonny bill, even to an extent Mundine to a lesser extent.

Mundine Obviously got in their ear. Told them you are better then this. Year are the best player in the game. If Tedesco is on 1.2 you should be on 1.4 etc etc etc. plays the race card. Plays the look after your family card. Plays the value yourself card. And he obviously buying into it. Just like sonny bill did.

To be honest it is a very different situation. But at 22. Take the 800-900k on offer. You’ll be off contract at 25. And if you perform well. New tv rights deal around the corner. Possibly salary cap increase. You can get your 1.2-1.3 million then. And at 25 you’ll still have 5-7 years of your best years ahead of you.
All true but in saying that LM looking at SBW today who signed the richest deal in Rugby or League history

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says the 3-4 clubs that pulled offers or got scared of from his bidding wars
Lol it’s Gold Coast or no one now lol.
When chooks dogs and tigers the only 3 clubs keen pull out
And cowboys see Holmes as a bigger priority
That’s who
You really think all those have cut ties??? Please all talks have gone behind closed doors...

Fed up Wests Tigers sensationally withdraw Latrell Mitchell offer

The Tigers would be willing to reopen negotiations with Mitchell at a later date if they can show a genuine interest in joining the club.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/c78f58ee846bae1e6d51b86c00071f44
Reread what the tigers said

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weidler at his bullshitting best on the news saying the Bulldogs have still been keeping in contact but then in the next sentence says the club has denied it.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All true but in saying that LM looking at SBW today who signed the richest deal in Rugby or League history
I dont know if that is a fair comparison. One is an NRL premiership winner at 2 different clubs, represented NZ in Rugby League and is also a multiple World Cup All Black who just happened to also win the New Zealand Heavy Weight Boxing championship, always gives his best, sponsors and supporters love him. The other is some bloke called Mitchell.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Says the market
Auctioneer: "And here we have Latrell Mitchell, a HOT investment, a STEAL at just $10 million over 10 years..."

*crickets

Auctioneer: "$4.5 million over 3 years, at that price, I'm almost tempted to put in a bid MYSELF..."

*crickets

Auctioneer: "Do I have an opening bid?"

Roosters: "$850k a season!"

Auctioneer, consults with Mitchell: "After consulting with my client, INSULTING offers will be rejected out of hand"

Tigers: "$4.5 mill over 3 yea--- Wait, Ado-Carr's just become available, never mind..."

Auctioneer: "Due to insufficient offers, Latrell has been passed IN!"

*Latrell, Mundine, The B team:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Auctioneer: "And here we have Latrell Mitchell, a HOT investment, a STEAL at just $10 million over 10 years..."

*crickets

Auctioneer: "$4.5 million over 3 years, at that price, I'm almost tempted to put in a bid MYSELF..."

*crickets

Auctioneer: "Do I have an opening bid?"

Roosters: "$850k a season!"

Auctioneer, consults with Mitchell: "After consulting with my client, INSULTING offers will be rejected out of hand"

Tigers: "$4.5 mill over 3 yea--- Wait, Ado-Carr's just become available, never mind..."

Auctioneer: "Due to insufficient offers, Latrell has been passed IN!"

*Latrell, Mundine, The B team:

Needs to be a pissing my pants button for this

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
People who think L. Mitchell is not highly sort after and WILL NOT get a top dollar offer from an NRL club are very naive.

Last edited: